Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go ahead and cry and wail. Kick something--just not the dog. Cry some more. You deserve a good cry. You've earned it. I believe a good cry helps to cleanse the soul and refresh one's spirit.

After you have cried until you have no more tears, try to "refocus". Now is YOUR time. Time just for YOU. Consider this time of solitude to be a gift to yourself, from yourself, love yourself.

After surgery, when you are living your new life, maybe you and your husband can work things out, but now is not the time to stress yourself with HIS issues.--and I'm feeling he has plenty. Now is your time to concentrate on YOU!

Never said this path of WLS will be easy. I'm just saying that it is sooooooo worth it.

Your on my prayer chain now. There are prayers surrounding you from folks you don't even know. Those prayers will keep you safe hopefully from anti-healthy thoughts and worries.

Please, post often and let us know how you are doing and feeling. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. --not as long as we are here.

thanks guys! i feel very sad! but i have to stay strong for me, for my son and my daughter. surgery 02/23 a new chapter in my life. ????

Go ahead and cry and wail. Kick something--just not the dog. Cry some more. You deserve a good cry. You've earned it. I believe a good cry helps to cleanse the soul and refresh one's spirit.

After you have cried until you have no more tears, try to "refocus". Now is YOUR time. Time just for YOU. Consider this time of solitude to be a gift to yourself, from yourself, love yourself.

After surgery, when you are living your new life, maybe you and your husband can work things out, but now is not the time to stress yourself with HIS issues.--and I'm feeling he has plenty. Now is your time to concentrate on YOU!

Never said this path of WLS will be easy. I'm just saying that it is sooooooo worth it.

Your on my prayer chain now. There are prayers surrounding you from folks you don't even know. Those prayers will keep you safe hopefully from anti-healthy thoughts and worries.

Please, post often and let us know how you are doing and feeling. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. --not as long as we are here.

thank u so much ❤️

thank you ❤️

thank you ladies, but he said he doesnt need couseling. he is just shutting all the doors on me. i told him my body will change but not my heart. but he doesnt care. in the beginning he was supportive about my decision but after eveything changed. im doing everything on my own not even once did he go with me to any of my appointments. im on my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and he eats in front of me and even jokes about the Protein shakes i have to drink. its so hurtful. and today he decided to leave me. he said he is too old and that he is not going to wait the moment i loose weight and leave him thats all he said. he is 40 and im 32 he always making a big deal about the age. saying that ill look for somebody younger. i just dont understand whats wrong with him.

What an insecure selfish prick move that was.

So.......surgery to improve your health was all it took to run him off ?????

He's got tons of issues that will take years that work through....... And if he is even man enough at some point to work through them.

Have the surgery and improve every aspect of your life that you can. You'll find a real man who is unselfish and values you and your choices.

If he's younger.......then all the better.

Get revenge through getting healthy and living each day to the fullest.

thank you ????

Love and prayers to all of you.

thanks guys! i feel very sad! but i have to stay strong for me, for my son and my daughter. surgery 02/23 a new chapter in my life.

thanks guys! i feel very sad! but i have to stay strong for me, for my son and my daughter. surgery 02/23 a new chapter in my life. ????

Wow what a jerk..... He doing this and there are kids involved? What selfish self absorbed a$$! Prayers to give you strength to get through.

What an a$$hat! I cannot believe someone would do this! I am so terribly sorry! Sounds like he has some serious issues and insecurities and neither of those allow him to treat you that way. Are you seeing a therapist on your own in preparation of your surgery (and post-op if you can)? If so, call them. I am sure they can find a way to squeeze you in if even just a phone call.

I know you don't need solutions right now; just sympathy. I'm sorry. I tend to be fixer. I'm with @Valentina. Kick, scream, etc. (when you are out of hearing range of your children of course.) HUGS!!

Wow what a jerk..... He doing this and there are kids involved? What selfish self absorbed a$$! Prayers to give you strength to get through.
i dont think he would care much about my kids. he is not the father or my children but he has been in there lifes for 5 years and my kids love him. but if he doesnt care about me then he doesnt care about my children. ???? thank u for your prayers ????????

What an a$$hat! I cannot believe someone would do this! I am so terribly sorry! Sounds like he has some serious issues and insecurities and neither of those allow him to treat you that way. Are you seeing a therapist on your own in preparation of your surgery (and post-op if you can)? If so, call them. I am sure they can find a way to squeeze you in if even just a phone call.

I know you don't need solutions right now; just sympathy. I'm sorry. I tend to be fixer. I'm with @Valentina. Kick, scream, etc. (when you are out of hearing range of your children of course.) HUGS!!

thank you! right now i feel numb. i dont know how to feel. i dont know if i should cry i dont know im just in shock i didnt expect this will happen

So sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to process this and put it away so that you can focus on your surgery. This surgery is mentally as well as physically taxing. You'll need all the strength you can get to make it through successfully.

If you can handle all you need to handle as far as getting situated in your surroundings in the next few days and preparing your support system for your surgery, I think you should. And then focus on the surgery and your new future.

Again, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish you the best and hopefully you heal from this soon.

This may sound cruel but....BYE! Seriously if he's going to leave you at a time like this over the assumption that you "might leave him later" he's too weak for you. What if you get cancer, a terminal illness, lose a leg, hell a finger?! If he's feeling froggy tell him to jump!! Bygones! You're going to need a strong support system and he's obviously not it. Through sickness and in health. He broke his promise now you focus on you! If he truly loves you he'll be back and he can hope you'll even want him. You find out real quick who's there for you in your times of need and who isn't shit....its a good thing really. You may not think that now but give it time, you'll see the light!

Now........

post-237766-0-21044200-1455376324_thumb.jpeg

Preach it sister! @@Elode - That is the best answer so far!

I am so sorry to read this, I can't even imagine how sad you and your children must be. The fact that he made FUN of you while you are trying to better yourself however says a lot about him, his insecurities, and how he would sabotage you. It seems you might have an easier time going through the changes, both physical and emotional, that happen around surgery and the first few months without him around actually.

If you have friends and family that are supportive please reach out to them and let them know just how much their help, support, and compassion are needed right now. If they offer to come and help or just come and give you a hug, let them. Best of luck to you. Here is to you getting super hot and moving on to bigger and better things!

So sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to process this and put it away so that you can focus on your surgery. This surgery is mentally as well as physically taxing. You'll need all the strength you can get to make it through successfully.

If you can handle all you need to handle as far as getting situated in your surroundings in the next few days and preparing your support system for your surgery, I think you should. And then focus on the surgery and your new future.

Again, I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. I wish you the best and hopefully you heal from this soon.

thank you