Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vacation sucks

Lawd.....I hope they either have Starbucks or Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in that part of the world...............gotta maintain my addictions.

You and your white belly are still on my bad list, but I'll tell you that, if they don't have Starbucks, you'll know you're in no part of the world.

Lawd.....I hope they either have Starbucks or Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in that part of the world...............gotta maintain my addictions.

You and your white belly are still on my bad list, but I'll tell you that, if they don't have Starbucks, you'll know you're in no part of the world.

No Starbucks will have to be my first sign that I've left the world as I know it.

The different language should be my first indication.....but, just being honest here.....I don't do the English language justice on my even my best days....much less after rum and tequila........

@@Kindle,

Unimaginable! I thought there was a new regulation that the airlines could no longer keep you on the tarmack that long without letting you off the plane? Sorry you are off to such a maddening start to your vacation.

I planned, booked, and paid for a vacation from caregiving for myself and Sis as a companion, at the end of this month. Then Hubby was admitted to the hospital yesterday and they are talking about hospice care, in-patient.

We were going to Los Angeles, then on to Catalina Island for four nights, and two nights in Hollywood to visit with old friends from our hometown. Most of this was purchased non-refundable. I am hoping I can just reschedule instead of losing roughly 5k.

This has been a trying few days. The paramedics had to call the police to forcibly remove him from the house as he would not cooperate with anyone. He said he wanted a court order or to be arrested to take him to the hospital.

Then, to top it off, I fell trying to get into the ambulance, which has a very high step, possibly tearing my meniscus.

Oy, what a day(s) I've had today.

I am sad and in pain. Mostly sad. I miss the hubby I used to have. We went to Catalina together once and he would get a boner while we were frolicking in the pool. That will not happen again I am sad to say.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. To see someone who is so important to our lives is terribly painful and sad.

Nothing is too good for ye and who am I not to agree? .You need a day to be still in bed at noon.

@@Kindle,

Unimaginable! I thought there was a new regulation that the airlines could no longer keep you on the tarmack that long without letting you off the plane? Sorry you are off to such a maddening start to your vacation.

They let us off for 30min, re-boarded us and gave us sandwiches and salads. I had a Greek salad and ended up eating the whole thing.....over 4 hours.

The good news is they are now handing out all the little bottles of liquor we want for free. I've drank all the Jack Daniels they had and moved on to Dewar's. With any luck at least I'll be hungover on the beach tomorrow.

I planned, booked, and paid for a vacation from caregiving for myself and Sis as a companion, at the end of this month. Then Hubby was admitted to the hospital yesterday and they are talking about hospice care, in-patient.

We were going to Los Angeles, then on to Catalina Island for four nights, and two nights in Hollywood to visit with old friends from our hometown. Most of this was purchased non-refundable. I am hoping I can just reschedule instead of losing roughly 5k.

This has been a trying few days. The paramedics had to call the police to forcibly remove him from the house as he would not cooperate with anyone. He said he wanted a court order or to be arrested to take him to the hospital.

Then, to top it off, I fell trying to get into the ambulance, which has a very high step, possibly tearing my meniscus.

I am sad and in pain. Mostly sad. I miss the hubby I used to have. We went to Catalina together once and he would get a boner while we were frolicking in the pool. That will not happen again I am sad to say.

I'm sorry your going through this

I've got a leisure trip planned that would have me chewing through a chain link fence to get to.......bust through a rock wall and crush skulls to arrive at. In the words of the awesome Mr. T....."I pity the fool who try ta stop me....I'll bring them pain ".

Are you really going to leave it there? Do you always pitch and then turn away before seeing whether the pitch has been caught? Where are you going?!!! I'm no dentist, but....

Can't say. Won't say. I'm sorta in Her Majesty's Secret Service type of thing.......I could tell ya....but then I'd sworn to uphold the code.........007 stuff.

Suffice to say it's gonna be a destination of sun, fun, Water, rum drinks and tequila shots while watching scantily clad beauty parade around and laugh at the pale big guy in the boots 'n swim trunks tipping his hat. Those boots and that cowboy hat may be the only possessions I retain as I may decide to never come back.

Who needs or wants the pressures of a job.....and the day to day drama? Not me. I pity the fool who gets in my way. Boots, hat and a handful of Protein bars and I'm out.

If there is going to be any surf fishing, take me along!!! I love it and am actually very good at it.--never had one of my fisherman knots slip--ever! Great fun--catching big stripers and winter fluke--and then bar-b-que'n them!!! yum (all protein! ) :)

@@magtart ... so sorry your life is so chaotic and painful now.

Thinking of you and hoping you can find some places and times to rest. Care for yourself, too.

@@Kindle oh no.. Sorry about your horrific delay. I know you were looking so forward to your warm trip to Florida. Hope the alcohol keeps you toasty until you get to the sunny rays!!

That was an unfortunate way to start off your vacation. Look on the bright side, you have your health and can afford to go on a vacation, many people have only one or neither.

Now that you are at your destination, sit back, relax and enjoy your time off.

Have a great time!

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

@@Kindle ... did you get to Florida yet?

It only took 25 hours but yes, I made it yeah! And lots of alcohol waiting when I got here has helped to dull the irritation of yesterday.

Enjoy yourself. :)

@@Kindle,

So sorry! You have my complete sympathy. Traveling is so hard, and it often does seem like it’s not worth it. I hope when you get there it’ll be worth it. By the way, complain to the airline later. You just may get a few thousand bonus miles (seriously).