Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

I have not been on the forum much since surgery. Glad to see so many doing geeat! I had my surgery on 2/8 and I am down 31 pds! My struggle right now is I want a salad, I miss chewing! I just started on soft spot. Ricotta bake is my best friend for the last 2 days..lol I went back to work at 2 weeks. I am still tired alot. The Vitamins are yuck, yuck yuck - but needed , so consumed.

31lbs. Thats awesome!

iamsafe69 surgery 2/8/2016

Positive - I usually try to have a shake or a Greek yogurt. No one questions it because it just seems like I am watching what I'm eating. I think you will be able to eat with your team in the future. Once we have our food and Protein under control, I think it will become easier.

New day - I am missing salads also. I miss making my yummy homemade salad dressings but sooner than later we will be on salads again

I agree. All in time right?? Right!! Thanks!

Iamsafe69 yes for both. Thanks for the ideas. Tomorrow I will walk, but no way I will be able to truly eat with my team like I have in the past. I think it all just hit me that I will never finish a burger again or eat all of anything from a restaurant. It's real and I see that now. Still no regrets!

I am going to order from kids menu when im ready to venture to restaurants. Went to movies for first time since surgery. Nothing to snack on.. but then realized i could have a hot herbal tea and that brought comfort. I'm starting to realize that the choices I made before werent the best, but this is now my opportunity to live the best life ever.

Good idea to order from the kids menu. Thanks!

Hi dietbelle wich state in Australia and how did you go with your surgery I'm from Melbourne still waiting for a date will find out on Friday.

Good Morning February 9ers well no weigh in this morning because my wife hid the scale until Monday [emoji22] I was obsessing and getting discouraged. As of yesterday I was down 19 pounds since surgery and 39 since the journey began, which I am happy for but not happy at the scale being the same number for 3 days. I don't want to rush it but I guess somewhere in the back of my head I expected overnight success [emoji51]

How's everyone else doing? Is everyone able to get in all of their Protein and fluids? Also curious anyone who is eating fish, how many ounces are you able to get in? I am able to get in protein for the most part but struggling with fluids. HAPPY TUESDAY

Been able to eat about 3 oz of fish with some whipped potatoes. I am the same way with the weight loss, the last 2 days my weight hasn't moved. I am getting all my Protein but struggling to drink enough Water.

@{member="It's Time"] I'm much better at getting my Protein than my fluids but I'm trying!!! I average about 75g Protein and probably 32-40oz fluids. I find I do much better if I start my day with a Protein Shake - I get 8-10oz first thing and just keep going.

I had a Gorton's Grilled tilapia fillet, the package said it was 89g so I'm not sure how many ounces that is... I also made a 'tarter sauce" using homemade plain greek yogurt, a little dill pickle relish and a ton of fresh dill - helped everything go down easier.

@@Positive44 My scale is Lucifer... it still hasn't moved in days so I'm not going to weigh again until next week. I'm trying to get to where I only weigh once a week but I'm weak I know I'll climb back on it in the morning LOL

edited to remove double post

Edited by MxKitty

ElChris - I made to almost 2 oz last night and was so stuffed that it hurt. I did mashed potatoes last week and added a scoop of Protein Powder but decided not to do any this week because my carb intake was higher than I wanted. Hopefully our scales will move this week. Although I am not at Fluid goal daily, I find poweraide zero to be my go to, I drink a 20 oz bottle a day-water tastes so gross to me now and I tried adding mio and almost hurled. It's crazy how our tastebuds have changed

MxKitty - I can't even imagine getting in 75 grams of Protein, you are doing awesome. What's a typical food day like for you? That tartar sauce sounds yumm, I may have to borrow your recipe [emoji16]

I'm with you the scale is lucifer, I was so sad this morning when I went to step on it and my wife had hidden it and refused to bring it out before Monday grrrr - well I asked so I guess it's my fault. Hopefully the weekly weigh in will make me more appreciative of my progress

Good Morning February 9ers well no weigh in this morning because my wife hid the scale until Monday I was obsessing and getting discouraged. As of yesterday I was down 19 pounds since surgery and 39 since the journey began, which I am happy for but not happy at the scale being the same number for 3 days. I don't want to rush it but I guess somewhere in the back of my head I expected overnight success

How's everyone else doing? Is everyone able to get in all of their Protein and fluids? Also curious anyone who is eating fish, how many ounces are you able to get in? I am able to get in Protein for the most part but struggling with fluids. HAPPY TUESDAY

Congrats It's Time!!! Thats fabulous...im trying not to weigh myself. But i tuink i might peak tomorrow..lol...i am able to drink about 64oz of fluid...i am only eating chicken salad, and yogurt. I did try can salmon, but didnt care for for it. I tried tuna, but it was to difficult to get down.

MxKitty - I can't even imagine getting in 75 grams of Protein, you are doing awesome. What's a typical food day like for you? That tartar sauce sounds yumm, I may have to borrow your recipe

I'm with you the scale is lucifer, I was so sad this morning when I went to step on it and my wife had hidden it and refused to bring it out before Monday grrrr - well I asked so I guess it's my fault. Hopefully the weekly weigh in will make me more appreciative of my progress

Hey @It's Time - a day in my pouch is basically like this....

• Breakfast - a Protein shake in the morning using lactose free skim milk, scoop of GNC Pro Performance whey Protein (currently Cookie N Cream) sometimes a splash of sugar free flavor Syrup and other times 2T of PB2 so my Protein Shake is usually 32-37g of protein. (Takes me about an hour to finish it though)
  • Lunch - flavored tuna pouch mixed with a little plain Greek yogurt or a portion of Shelly's Ricotta Bake Mexican Style so lunch is 14-16g protein
  • Dinner - this one really varies as I try to have something very similar to what I fix for my family mine just gets dumped into my NutraBullet first and I skip the carb heavy stuff like mashed potatoes so dinner is around 16-26g protein. Example last night I made Shepard's pie from Friday's leftover crockpot roast with potatoes & carrots. I shredded the roast, drained the carrots and potatoes then skinned the potatoes tossed both in the food processor with Greek yogurt & seasoning to make the "mash" for the top. I added the roast to the juices I drained from the veggies, added a splash of Worcestershire, 1c shelled edamame (they don't like peas) and some salt & pepper. I filled individual ramekins with the meat filling (tossed mine in the NutraBullet with a little beef broth first) then topped theirs with the mash, mine with some fresh parmesan! In the oven and BLAMO awesome dinner for everyone and no one even realized it was reinvented leftovers. ;) My portion had 26g protein!
  • Snack - this one is my favorite. PROTEIN ICE CREAM!!!! I have 1/2c-1c of this awesome yumminess depending on what my protein was for he rest of the day. I try to get 90ish grams a day. 1/2c of my protein ice cream is right at 20-21g of protein per serving and it goes down really easy. I even invested in a new ice cream maker just for this daily dish of awesome - I got it free using my credit card points (from being self pay) on Amazon.com heehee
  • Last but not least I usually have 1 piece of Russell Stover plain dark chocolate - it even has 1g protein so I savor it!

Today is my birthday so I'm going to try playing around with making a 5 minute microwave high protein cake and see how that turns out :P and how many grams of protein I can squeeze into it!

So everyone - please tell me how its going! Are there any food type things I can help you with or experiment with to help you get to a better you? Let me know!!! B)

MxKitty - I can't even imagine getting in 75 grams of Protein, you are doing awesome. What's a typical food day like for you? That tartar sauce sounds yumm, I may have to borrow your recipe

Hey @It's Time - a day in my pouch is basically like this....

• Breakfast - a Protein shake in the morning using lactose free skim milk, scoop of GNC Pro Performance whey Protein (currently Cookie N Cream) sometimes a splash of sugar free flavor Syrup and other times 2T of PB2 so my Protein Shake is usually 32-37g of protein. (Takes me about an hour to finish it though)
  • Lunch - flavored tuna pouch mixed with a little plain Greek yogurt or a portion of Shelly's Ricotta Bake Mexican Style so lunch is 14-16g protein
  • Dinner - this one really varies as I try to have something very similar to what I fix for my family mine just gets dumped into my NutraBullet first and I skip the carb heavy stuff like mashed potatoes so dinner is around 16-26g protein. Example last night I made Shepard's pie from Friday's leftover crockpot roast with potatoes & carrots. I shredded the roast, drained the carrots and potatoes then skinned the potatoes tossed both in the food processor with Greek yogurt & seasoning to make the "mash" for the top. I added the roast to the juices I drained from the veggies, added a splash of Worcestershire, 1c shelled edamame (they don't like peas) and some salt & pepper. I filled individual ramekins with the meat filling (tossed mine in the NutraBullet with a little beef broth first) then topped theirs with the mash, mine with some fresh parmesan! In the oven and BLAMO awesome dinner for everyone and no one even realized it was reinvented leftovers. ;) My portion had 26g protein!
  • Snack - this one is my favorite. PROTEIN ICE CREAM!!!! I have 1/2c-1c of this awesome yumminess depending on what my protein was for he rest of the day. I try to get 90ish grams a day. 1/2c of my protein ice cream is right at 20-21g of protein per serving and it goes down really easy. I even invested in a new ice cream maker just for this daily dish of awesome - I got it free using my credit card points (from being self pay) on Amazon.com heehee
  • Last but not least I usually have 1 piece of Russell Stover plain dark chocolate - it even has 1g protein so I savor it!

Today is my birthday so I'm going to try playing around with making a 5 minute microwave high protein cake and see how that turns out :P and how many grams of protein I can squeeze into it!

So everyone - please tell me how its going! Are there any food type things I can help you with or experiment with to help you get to a better you? Let me know!!! B)

Happy Birthday!!!!

Mxkitty!! Wowzers on Protein. And happy happy birthday!!

I'll have to Google that Protein ice cream.

I have fasting labs today for my one month post op appointment next week. Hope everything is on target.

The scale didn't move for a few days for me and it was because I just wasn't getting enough protein. I have gotten much better and I saw movement this morning. Down 27 pounds sense surgery. It seems like it is moving so slow. But in reality I would have never lost 27 pounds in three weeks without surgery so I'll take it as it comes.

I'm losing in my face (yayyy), the back of my legs (:/) and a little in my tummy but can only tell because of the way clothes fit. Don't need a new size yet but just less snug.

Sent from my 6045O using the BariatricPal App

Edited by slimtrimshel

Oh and at chic fil a the kids meal is almost perfect! 4 piece grilled nugget 70 calories and 11 grams of Protein, unsweet tea or skim milk, and fresh fruit. Delicious! Even if I don't have the whole fruit cup to be conscious of carbs.

Oh and at chic fil a the kids meal is almost perfect! 4 piece grilled nugget 70 calories and 11 grams of Protein, unsweet tea or skim milk, and fresh fruit. Delicious! Even if I don't have the whole fruit cup to be conscious of carbs.

Thanks for sharing!! I always get extremely anxious when we travel or out doing hours of errands because I know we'll end up out for lunch.< /p>

Mxkitty!! Wowzers on Protein. And happy happy birthday!!

I'll have to Google that Protein ice cream.

I have fasting labs today for my one month post op appointment next week. Hope everything is on target.

The scale didn't move for a few days for me and it was because I just wasn't getting enough protein. I have gotten much better and I saw movement this morning. Down 27 pounds sense surgery. It seems like it is moving so slow. But in reality I would have never lost 27 pounds in three weeks without surgery so I'll take it as it comes.

I'm losing in my face (yayyy), the back of my legs (:/) and a little in my tummy but can only tell because of the way clothes fit. Don't need a new size yet but just less snug.

The protein ice cream I found at TheWorldAccordingtoEggface blog - she has fabulous post-op recipes and shares what she eats day to day. She's several years post-op. I wish i could just link her page here but I haven't figured that out yet. Enjoy!!

-27 pounds in three weeks is incredible!! I know we all get impatient but your loss is great!!!!! I've been stalled for almost a week so I'm trying harder on my fluids/water & really want to see that scale move down in the morning so I completely understand.