Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

Hi guys! I have not been able to meet any of my goals really... the only positive I'm seeing is my weight loss... I have not been able to get any Protein down despite my efforts to buy the Syntrax Nectar. I don't know if it's the texture or flavor that is bothering me the most. As far as Water, I'm still trying. I know it's not healthy, but this diet comes with much discipline. I notice that I do much better when I'm at work. I feel I'm a lot more structured. As stated earlier, I'll start over tomorrow.

Hi Everyone, glad to hear some people are having some of the same issues I'm having. I'm also having a hard time swallowing especially cold shakes. It's kind of frustrating because the shakes have the most Protein and it's hard for me to drink. I know I'm not getting all of the calories and protein I need. I've lost about 18 lbs since my original weight. I go to my post op tomorrow hopefully I get cleared to move on to soft foods.

I had trouble with cold liquids at first so I ordered the protein hot chocolate, went down much easier

@@prettyCali916

1 onion chopped

1 red pepper chopped

1 yellow pepper chopped

4 small chicken breasts or 3 if larger

Chili powder to taste

Cumin

Salt

And 1/2 taco seasoning

Put the chicken in a slow cooker with the seasonings on it. Then add the veggies.

Pour in a large can of whole tomatoes and it's juice

A can of Rotel

And add 2 cups of Water

Add salt and pepper and 1/2 a little can of tomatoes paste.

And cook on high for 5 hours.

When the time is up I shredded the chicken while in the pot... really fine. And let cook for another 1/2 hour.

My family eats it with lemon squeezed on it and chips on top. I took the Soup and put it in my ninja smoothie thing and had it pureed.< /p>

Edited by mryjo73

Hi guys! I have not been able to meet any of my goals really... the only positive I'm seeing is my weight loss... I have not been able to get any Protein down despite my efforts to buy the Syntrax Nectar. I don't know if it's the texture or flavor that is bothering me the most. As far as Water, I'm still trying. I know it's not healthy, but this diet comes with much discipline. I notice that I do much better when I'm at work. I feel I'm a lot more structured. As stated earlier, I'll start over tomorrow.

Hey Arenea! What Syntrax are you taking? I have the plain and it is meh too but I think Adina might've had the chocolate truffle and she swears by it. Maybe try that?

Edited by prettyCali916

@@prettyCali916

1 onion chopped

1 red pepper chopped

1 yellow pepper chopped

4 small chicken breasts or 3 if larger

Chili powder to taste

Cumin

Salt

And 1/2 taco seasoning

Put the chicken in a slow cooker with the seasonings on it. Then add the veggies.

Pour in a large can of whole tomatoes and it's juice

A can of Rotel

And add 2 cups of Water

Add salt and pepper and 1/2 a little can of tomatoes paste.

And cook on high for 5 hours.

When the time is up I shredded the chicken while in the pot... really fine. And let cook for another 1/2 hour.

My family eats it with lemon squeezed on it and chips on top. I took the Soup and put it in my ninja smoothie thing and had it pureed.< /p>

Omg that sounds delicious. Thank you!!!!

Edited by prettyCali916

Hey Arenea! What Syntrax are you taking? I have the plain and it is meh too but I think Adina might've had the chocolate truffle and she swears by it. Maybe try that?

I have the caribbean cooler, it smells great as a powder, but when I mix it with water I can't stand it. It's just weird. So today I bought the Campbell's Soup on the go chicken noodle flavor and that worked. I didn't eat the little noodles or carrots although they were very soft, but I did drink the broth. I saw they have chicken tortilla in the drinkable on the go Soups too. I saw someone asking, but I'm sure it's not as good as homemade.

I have the caribbean cooler, it smells great as a powder, but when I mix it with water I can't stand it. It's just weird. So today I bought the Campbell's Soup on the go chicken noodle flavor and that worked. I didn't eat the little noodles or carrots although they were very soft, but I did drink the broth. I saw they have chicken tortilla in the drinkable on the go Soups too. I saw someone asking, but I'm sure it's not as good as homemade.
That's so funny! I bought Campbell's chicken noodle and cooked a whole can, completely drained the broth and had that yesterday. My sweet 16 month old daughter ate most of the noodles, carrots and pieces of chicken. She loved it lol!!! That was the best broth/soup ever!!!!

On another note - I am SO over these sickly sweet protein drinks! I am a sweet tooth usually but this is too much! I can't wait for Monday!! I have such great plans for next week involving eggs, Greek yogurt, thick blended soups with chicken! Omg! Grocery shopping on Sunday!

Edited by prettyCali916

How much Protein Shakes are ya getting in. I can only do 1 a day so far.

I Only get 1 down. 1/2 on the morning and 1/2 at dinner and i add ice to it and put it in the ninja... takes away the extra sweet taste and thins it out so it goes down better.

This morning I added 1/3 of a banana... I am horribly potassium deficient and the pills are killing me with this new tummy because they are so big. I cut them in 1/2 and they are still challenging.

So I had a panic attack because I have not lost any weight since Sunday. :- <

I had to talk myself down and remind me that everything is a process and that my body is adjusting to the surgery too... and give it more time.

Woooooo sawwwwwww!

Edited by mryjo73

I Only get 1 down. 1/2 on the morning and 1/2 at dinner and i add ice to it and put it in the ninja... takes away the extra sweet taste and thins it out so it goes down better.

This morning I added 1/3 of a banana... I am horribly potassium deficient and the pills are killing me with this new tummy because they are so big. I cut them in 1/2 and they are still challenging.

Do you not crush your pills? That's what my doctor told me to do is better than swallowing. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is only drinking one a day lol.

Do you not crush your pills? That's what my doctor told me to do is better than swallowing. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is only drinking one a day lol.

I'm not supposed to crush the potassium ... not sure why. I take room other pills and they are capsules so they go down easy. I take a blood pressure pill and it can be broken but not crushed or chewed.

So I had a panic attack because I have not lost any weight since Sunday. :- <

I had to talk myself down and remind me that everything is a process and that my body is adjusting to the surgery too... and give it more time.

Woooooo sawwwwwww!

Yes! You are recovering and your body surely hasn't adjusted yet. When it does, you'll know.

Also, Water is huge. You need water to flush out everything that is being broken down - all the fatty cells. It's hard to take it in but you have to. I've resorted to drinking warm, almost hot water just to make sure I get my fluids because it goes down better!

Hang in there! You got this!!!!