Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved December 22nd and I must say I hate the scars my staples left behind. And I must say it wasn't fun removing them. Anyone else having scar issues from staples?

post-269880-14538620084582_thumb.jpg

I get mine out tomorrow... I know I'll have scars.

Sorry to hear you had staples. Everyone scars and heals differently. I hope you'll heal well..it did take some time for them to fade.

In my case it was just glue and steri-strips. Can hardly see a mark 17 months out.

Good luck!

Edited by amazon

I'm surprised to hear that people had staples with their sleeve. I didn't have any. I didnt even have any external stitches. Just a dab of glue on each incision

That's wat my doc is going to use glue and strips! I didn't think the incisions were that wide to need staples...

yeah most of my incisions are super tiny like 1/4 of an inch. The one above my belly button is a little bigger like 1/2 of an inch

My doctor was surprised they closed me up with staples too! lol I guess he left before they closed me up.

I had the glue as well. I can't believe doctors are still using staples. Scary. Hope you don't have bad scars.

My dr said that they still use staples if the skin is too thin or they have trouble keeping it closed with the glue. I now look like I have a band of butterflies on my stomach.

I had staples, I do have a bunch of little dots all around my tummy. It's a bit frustrating because the lines from the incisions themselves are pretty minimal it's the scars from the stupid staples that are worse! I just keep a bottle of Vitamin e oil (that I got from Walmart in the Vitamin section) around and I rub it on my scars every time I walk by it. They're still pretty fresh so I can't expect miracles.

After I was in recovery I asked one of the nurses if I had staples or the strips and she said "Nope you're glued!" So imagine my surprise when my bandages started falling off...

Guys, those scars fade so much and so fast. Don't worry about 'em. A year from now they'll probably be gone.

I got glued! I didn't have any staples.