Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Monday. I'm about to back out!

Can't wait to hear back from you and see how you feel!!!! Congrats on making a wonderful decision! You got this bro!!!!!!

Hi Frankenstein, what you're feeling is normal, if you weren't feeling what you're feeling would worry me. I went through the same thing, as I'm sure everyone did. I'm 10 months out and the only regret I have is I didn't do it sooner. I feel completely normal. I drink Water fine, have wine occasionally. You have to remember, after the surgery, you won't want to do what your doing now. I use to drink at least 2 large glasses of water or milk at meals and honestly I don't miss it.I will take small sips while eating if food is to hot or spicy, yes I can still eat spicy foods. The first weeks are trying but goes fast,once you're on food again you'll be happy, and happier with the weight loss and better health. The first only thing I hate but do is exercise, that is the big key. I've could of lost more weight if I done it from the beginning,so that is a must. What ever your decision we're here for you. Good luck.

Hey @@frankenstein, I am so happy that you got yourself out of the funk. I am being sleeved on Friday (29th) and had a vivid dream about being in hospital for the first time last night. Your brave post and all the replies have been awesome for me, so thanks for "manning up" with the post. My husband sounds just like you and he also probably needs the surgery, but he's not there yet mentally. He is waiting to see what happens with me. Like you he is terrified of all the things he 'won't be able to do' (read - BEER).

I am thinking of you today for your surgery all the way from New Zealand - see how far this community goes! All the very best and I will see you on the other side on Friday. Kia kaha! (That is Maori language for 'Stay Strong!")

Well this is my first post ever. let me just say I am married, I am the father to two young girls. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, starting to be diabetic and I'm getting arthritis in my knees. I have been a lurker for months now. I have been on this forum reading and looking at pictures like crazy. I have gone through all the preop lab works doctors appointments etc. etc.

Surgery is finally here I have been going back-and-forth in my head for the last two weeks. Last night I went to target to stock up on all the necessities I needed for post op and I had a major meltdown. I actually had tears in my eyes and had to put everything I was about to purchase back on the shelf and leave the store with my head doWn. I am a 43-year-old manly man, bearded biker type, and was practically in tears. Tomorrow is my clear liquid diet before surgery on Monday. I'm a complete wreck today. The permanence of the surgery, the not drinking an hour during dinner, major chewing of my food from now on (instead of just eating normal), never being able to guzzle Water, (or anything for that matter), never drinking a beer again. These things and more are whizzing violently through my head. I'm on the fence, off the fence all day long....I know this is not well written and jumbled as this is how my head is today.

I'm a wreck..... Anybody got anything?

Hi Frankestein, how are you doing? I am Peter member of Bariatricpaland and i am at your service, if you need an extra info or you have any questions please just ask me, i'll be more than happy to help you :) you can reach at:

peter@bariatricpal.com

(619) 900-7345 Office Number(619) 651-0803 mobile number
(844) WLS-DEAL / (844) 957-3325
Office Hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday thru Friday

Been thinking of you today, this is the beginning of a grand adventure. Keep your eye on the prize which is feeling so much better. I'm 1 month 4 days out, it was not easy but I'm feeling more and more normal.

I hope by the time you have read this you are on the other side. I am over five years out and I eat normally just less. I do not chew my food excessively I can drink after a meal but just a little. It is scary and overwhelming and to be honest the first few weeks you'll probably think to yourself "What the F did I do to myself" but those thoughts will pass before you know it. It is hard to explain but your brain kind of resets itself some foods after the surgery just aren't as good but its not something you really miss.

@@frankenstein Thank you so much for your post. I have been having cold feet this week and worrying endlessly. It was so comforting to read all the wonderful supportive responses you received.

I hope your surgery went well and that when you feel up to it you will come back on and tell us all how it went.

Again I thank you! I made it! Got home of surgery it into my room room 11 o'clock, I think. I have been groggy as hell, and in and out of cat naps from the anesthesia and all the pain meds. ( I love you dulaudid!) (sp) so far it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I do feel like I have been kicked in the stomach by a horse or something, I'm not going to lie about that. It feels like a low dull annoying ache of a pain. This post will be short and sweet as I am about to have more pain meds. I just did my walk down the hall. More to come tomorrow hopefully. Peace out homies! ????????

Congrats! This is the hard part. It will be in the rear view mirror soon. You'll do great. :-)

So excited to hear back about your experience as I am set for Wednesday! Can't wait for more updates!!!! :) congrats and I'll join you shortly on the losers bench ;)

Congrats Frank on facing the fears and getting through surgery! I wish you all the best on the rest of this journey. Your story made me think it would be a great idea for me to write a list of why I'm doing this. So when I get a little antsy prior to surgery I can hold onto the reasons this is the right thing for me. Thanks for updating us!

Well this is my first post ever. let me just say I am married, I am the father to two young girls. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, starting to be diabetic and I'm getting arthritis in my knees. I have been a lurker for months now. I have been on this forum reading and looking at pictures like crazy. I have gone through all the preop lab works doctors appointments etc. etc.

Surgery is finally here I have been going back-and-forth in my head for the last two weeks. Last night I went to target to stock up on all the necessities I needed for post op and I had a major meltdown. I actually had tears in my eyes and had to put everything I was about to purchase back on the shelf and leave the store with my head doWn. I am a 43-year-old manly man, bearded biker type, and was practically in tears. Tomorrow is my clear liquid diet before surgery on Monday. I'm a complete wreck today. The permanence of the surgery, the not drinking an hour during dinner, major chewing of my food from now on (instead of just eating normal), never being able to guzzle Water, (or anything for that matter), never drinking a beer again. These things and more are whizzing violently through my head. I'm on the fence, off the fence all day long....I know this is not well written and jumbled as this is how my head is today.

I'm a wreck..... Anybody got anything?

I can relate! I had a melt down myself. I love food and love to cook and entertain the family with new recipes. And the thought of not eating as much freaked me out. But I had to think . My addiction to food got me this way and it was not going to over power me. I have a friend that is 2 years post op and eats a lot more than I do. My goal is to lose as much my first year, cuz after that my pouch can stretch a little. Hope you're feeling better! Hang in there!