Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow !!! What a bi$&@ !!! She would not have made that nasty remark, had she not been jealous of you in my opinion. Keep your chin up. There are rude, hateful people in this world unfortunately.

Some people just need to hear the truth. "well THAT was rude" would have been an appropriate response IMO. And look straight at her.

I would agree that she's insecure by the way she so easily puts someone down. I bet no one calls her on it.

Always have the throat punch as a backup ????

Keep up the good work - 50 lbs wow!!

Yep, sometimes it takes an icy stare that lasts a minute or two too long, a drawn-in breath, and a head shake while saying, "WOW - did you realize that you actually said that out loud?" to point out how NOT OK it is to say things like that.

My mom used to say that the world was full of children wearing super-convincing adult-looking bodies...

She has the hots for your husband. Notice she sucked up to him and put you down.

I likely wouldn't have replied anything. But apparently I have the death stare down pat.

I had a used car salesman make a borderline insulting comment. I didn't say another word to him. He told me he would go talk to the manager again. The manager came back to the salesman desk. He would not come near his desk again and would not look at me.

Verbally, I might have gone with "Excuse ME?" and the look.

Just let it go. It never ceases to amaze me at how catty some women can be.

@usedtobeaskater Sounds to me like she's jealous of you ... you have a good looking husband, she does not ...

you're losing weight and looking great ( which she'd NEVER say outloud ) and she is not ..

Hold your head up high ... You know the truth.

and YES ..

People do suck.

Well, not all of them ...

but most of them.

:)

Sometimes people just blurt out the cruelest words. I have reached my goal weight and now all I get is...you're way too thin, "grotesquely" skinny, balding, a twig....really? I guess it will always be something. I take a deep breath and just smile. I really don't let it affect me anymore. You do your thing sister! ❤️

I'm never quite sure how to handle this sort of person (and I know a few).

I've tried just about everything, but the one I'm most fond of is to look them in the eye, squint and turn my head in disbelief, the walk away in silence and never look back,,,,

I know that shaking it off is always easier said than done. So--- Rant with us and we will tell you that your lovely insides are just waiting for your body to catch up! There will always be insensitive people in our lives. (I'm just trying not to be one of them...) Lose your weight- get strong- get healthy and that will be the best revenge.

You all are AMAZING! Thanks for letting me vent and your support.

I am going to keep fighting and working hard on my weight loss.

I LOVE this site and all you extraordinary sleevers!

She is a Bafoon.....you are doing fantastic and I'm sure you look like a whole new year....we can change our weight...she can't change her ugly soul....and in the words of my Brooklyn roots...f her!

@@usedtobeaskater,

I am so sorry! Your subject line says it all – “people suck” – but that’s no consolation, I know. Obviously she’s an ugly person on the inside, but again I know that’s no consolation. People like that can hurt us, very badly, even though they’re not worth anything. The only thing you can do is keep doing what you’re doing – eating well and losing weight. Be warned: no matter how skinny you are the next time you see her, she’ll say something else mean. Maybe she won’t like your shoes, or she’ll insult your hair. Just be prepared to ignore it.

I’m very sorry about that.

I know that shaking it off is always easier said than done. So--- Rant with us and we will tell you that your lovely insides are just waiting for your body to catch up! There will always be insensitive people in our lives. (I'm just trying not to be one of them...) Lose your weight- get strong- get healthy and that will be the best revenge.

or as my divorce attorney told me - be happy, and have a great life...that is the best revenge.

You need to develop a little repertoire of "nip this in the bud" comments.

I would have said, ".....and YOU obviously have untreated Tourette's!"

You are doing GREAT and I am sure you are beautiful!!

That person is a complete b!tch and I probably would have told her that. I have lost all patience for rude people.

You just keep doing your thang girlfriend!!!!!

I agree with RKing. What bothers me is if we "take the high road" & don't say anything, we keep replaying that crap over & over in regards to how we SHOULD have handled it. Now I don't know about you but I am not going to add to my problems by getting angry & then having no way to get it out, turning it within, turning it into depression. I have done that a lot over the years & I have only ended up hurting myself. Anger turned inward equals depression. Anger turned outward (if deserved) equals a black eye or your innards full of oil, lol. Seriously, immature , ignorant people like have no friends. Tell her to go talk to someone who cares. As for your husband not saying anything....I don't like the sounds of that....I would like to think that he was just in shock. You are doing great, so keep it up...& the throat jab sounds awesome if it happens again, lol