Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Options Prgm with Kaiser

Hi everyone, I had my official weigh-in Jan 7 & I start my 12-week Options Class Jan 21-April 7.

I just have a question, how long will it take after I graduate from the Options program before I get a surgery date?

I went to a sleep apnea test recommended by my doctor because I was interested in WLS. I met a lady there who was due for her last class & still did not have a surgery date. How long will I need to wait?

I can't even begin to explain how exciting this is. Reading all these success stories are everything I need to keep me motivated!

Thanks for sharing.

There was total of 11 people in front of me so I should have been scheduled for sometime in March but there was a cancelation so I was given a earlier date

Oh wow, i thought i would get it within 4 weeks of when i finished Options. Thank you so much for the information @Mike23 I really appreciate it. Good luck on your surgery and congratulations.

Edited by onmica

I finished my Options class December 16th, and my surgery is February 16th at West LA

Oh wow almost there. Congratulations! @thegentleoso ????????????

Edited by onmica

Yeah, I'd probably be sometime in June. I don't know why I thought it would be sometime in April. Lol

That sucks to hear this...I was really hoping to have the surgery 1 month after finishing options. But its looking more like 2 months. So I guess my surgery won't be until May. Boo lol

Yeah I'm bummed about it too. @almond_jay

Edited by onmica

@ I have heard of people saying they were put on the cancellation list so when someone drops out they are moved up. Maybe that will help us out. lol

I was also told during the holidays they had less people sign up because people waited to start this month. So hopefully that helps too. What area are you going to?

I graduated from options on 5/27/15, got the call from the surgeon's office around June 8th, scheduled my consultation for a week later and my surgery date was set for 7/7/15 but was moved to 7/6/15. Good luck to you!!

@almond_jay wellll i think i will definitely try to get in as earliest as i can. I also read that the more weight you lose the better chance at not having a cancelation. I will also do my labs as soon as i get them. I have even taken my mental health assessment already. I need a follow up. She thinks I have daddy issues.

But for sure i will definitely bug them every other day for a cancellation once i graduate from options.

I hope we get the dates we both want. ????

@wheezysmom thank you so much. You gave me hope for a sooner, than later, date. I am excited either way. ????????

Edited by onmica

You can definitely get on the cancellation list. Also, after my first appointment with the surgeon, which came pretty quick after Options, and he approved the surgery based on your labs and weight loss, he said to expect a call from the scheduler in a week or so. I waited a few days, and called her after 4 days. I didn't want to call to soon, but I didn't want to wait forever either! Although, she still checked my place in order when she scheduled me. I had my pre-op yesterday, and it is starting to feel real now. I am excited and anxious!

@@thegentleoso how does it work to be put in order. Is it in order of weight loss? Or in order of last name? Or first come first serve?