Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Options Prgm with Kaiser

I really hope it's not by last name, that would suck for me

Edited by onmica

@ they kept telling us in class that it would be 4-6 weeks after we graduated that the surgeon's office would call. As you can see from my timeline that definitely wasn't the case. I think they were giving us a greater timeline so we wouldn't keep calling back for an update.

I don't think they choose by last name (that would have sucked for me). They may have chosen by the amount of weight lost though. I lost 19.6lbs during the program, which wasn't even the 10% they wanted me to lose.

I really need to get on it then. I've only lost 3 pounds and I'm on week 2. So i need to really get on it. Thank you do much for this information @@wheezysmom I'm going to stop my cheat days on Sunday and up my cardio. Thank you

@ once you have completed your options class, your Options instructor will put in the referal, ours told us she was putting it in the following morning, and to expect a call from the scheduler within a week, and that was exactly how it went. As far as order, I think because there are other facilities finishing at or around the same time, and I think that is what she was dealing with when I called. I think the entire class will get the call at or around the same time. My wife got the call about a half our before I did. She was nowhere near her 10 percent, and I was very close. At 422 lbs starting weight, I was the second biggest loser in the class. I also know that others with names further in the alphabet got calls the same day. One of the girls in our class got her surgery on January 4. Which considering the Christmas break, that was relatively quick. Other than that it seems that most of the class are getting our surgeries in the next week or two.

You can definitely get on the cancellation list. Also, after my first appointment with the surgeon, which came pretty quick after Options, and he approved the surgery based on your labs and weight loss, he said to expect a call from the scheduler in a week or so. I waited a few days, and called her after 4 days. I didn't want to call to soon, but I didn't want to wait forever either! Although, she still checked my place in order when she scheduled me. I had my pre-op yesterday, and it is starting to feel real now. I am excited and anxious!

@@thegentleoso How long did the process take you from start to finish? Did you loose 10% of your weight when you graduated options?

Sorry so many questions but I work in project management and I'm trying to schedule my projects around when I think I may need to be off work. I also am anxious to get everything done as soon as possible.

Everyone is it just me or do these food diaries really suck? LOL It is so much work on top of my normal day.

@ they kept telling us in class that it would be 4-6 weeks after we graduated that the surgeon's office would call. As you can see from my timeline that definitely wasn't the case. I think they were giving us a greater timeline so we wouldn't keep calling back for an update.

I don't think they choose by last name (that would have sucked for me). They may have chosen by the amount of weight lost though. I lost 19.6lbs during the program, which wasn't even the 10% they wanted me to lose.

@@wheezysmom What area are you located in? I heard that makes a huge difference in the timeline. I just hope that mine goes as quickly as yours. I'm a little worried about my labs though, it looks like everything else is normal but of course I'm Vitamin D deficient. I don't know how long that takes to go up.

I really need to get on it then. I've only lost 3 pounds and I'm on week 2. So i need to really get on it. Thank you do much for this information @@wheezysmom I'm going to stop my cheat days on Sunday and up my cardio. Thank you

@ 3 pounds for only being on week two is really good? I know some people in my class haven't lost anything. Honestly I need to step up my game too. I have lost 8 pounds but I'm going to class 5 on Thursday. I mean I'm trying to look at it as, going down is good regardless. I think the most important thing is to show you are making an effort and not gaining any weight.

Was it you who said you already had the psych eval? How did you do that already?

I went through Options in So Cal San Diego region. We have 24 weeks of classes. They started in November 2014 and ended in May 2015. I lost more than the 10 percent. And my surgery was on 07/29/15.

I did Options, which was 12 weeks and my surgery is 8 weeks later, so a total of 5 months from start to finish. As for the Vitamin D deficiency, welcome to the club. I think everyone in my class was deficient. I was put on my bariatric Vitamins prior to my surgery but only one tablet now, and 2 after the surgery. I was 6 pounds from my 10%, but keep in mind I had to lose 42 pounds. 36 pounds in 12 weeks, I worked my butt off! He agreed to do the surgery, but warned me not to put any weight on. My pre-op was yesterday, and I had lost 3 pounds, and got the same warning about gaining weight.

@@wheezysmom where are you doing your Options class and doing your surgery?

@@almond_jay yes I did have my psych evaluation.. The psychiatrist told me I had daddy issues. My dad is an alcoholic and she thinks I over eat because he wasn't in my life. *shrugs* I disagree but she was trying to find a reason why i eat so much. I said because food is yummy. She said no that's not it. Lol. I just agreed to do what she asked. I'm buying a book for ACOA.. and I'll go to a couple of meetings to see what I can learn. I'm open about it, I just don't think that is why I eat. I'm supposed to email her about what I'm doing to change it. So I'll do that in a couple of weeks

I did Options, which was 12 weeks and my surgery is 8 weeks later, so a total of 5 months from start to finish. As for the Vitamin D deficiency, welcome to the club. I think everyone in my class was deficient. I was put on my bariatric Vitamins prior to my surgery but only one tablet now, and 2 after the surgery. I was 6 pounds from my 10%, but keep in mind I had to lose 42 pounds. 36 pounds in 12 weeks, I worked my butt off! He agreed to do the surgery, but warned me not to put any weight on. My pre-op was yesterday, and I had lost 3 pounds, and got the same warning about gaining weight.

36 pounds in 12 weeks is awesome! Ugh you guys are scaring me to step it up. I have hypothyroidism so weight loss is very slow for me. I still didn't think I would loose as steadily as I have been so that is encouraging. I have 30 pounds to lose and only have lost it looks like 10 (if my scale is correct) with only 7 more weigh ins to go. I don't know if I'll make it.

I ordered Vitamin D pills and Iron pills because I know I have a slight tendency toward anemia.

@@almond_jay Hang in there, you will do great! The girl that did my very first weigh in told me she only lost 13 pounds from start to surgery. She also told me that I don't have to lose my full 25 pounds, but trying is just as good. 10 is excellent. Just think, 6 months from now you will probably be down 40-55 pounds.. ????

@@almond_jay I did all of this at Kaiser South Bay. Try not to borrow trouble by worrying about the labs. I was also Vitamin D deficient. I was given the mega dose but I know I didn't finish those pills and they never re-checked my vitamin D levels, only my electrolytes prior to surgery.

@@thegentleoso past tense ;) my options classes were in Carson and my surgery was at Kaiser South Bay (Lomita).