Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Options Prgm with Kaiser

@@thegentleoso So I was wondering, I see there are 4 quizzes to take. What are they about? Do you know? Did you take them? I'm not worried, I'm just surprised. Lol

@onmonica What quizzes?

To everyone, did you always keep a perfect journal of your food every day?

@@almond_jay On my weekly agenda, is says there are 4 quizzes. It says there are quizzes on weeks 6, 9, 10 & 12. I just want to know what to expect

Today, for me, is week 3, so I have a few weeks to go.

Edited by onmica

I kept a perfect food journal, I felt like if I left things out I was only cheating myself. And actually having to bring out the journal and log stuff was enough of a deterrent from snacking a lot of times. I simply didn't feel like getting up to get the journal and input the information lol

As for those quizzes, we took them individually but we always went over the answers in class. The answers were very easy, if you paid any attention to the information in the class you will pass the test. I don't remember if they were collected though.

Thank you SO much @wheezysmom you've been such a great help

Edited by onmica

Hey! Just following up with everyone to see how it is going.

I'm almost done with Options class can you believe it? I'm no where near my goal though.

Hahaha @almond_jay .. I was just thinking of doing this same thing last night, but I feel asleep with my phone in hand. I was so tired. We pulled a monopoly all nighter. You know how that can get.

Anyway, I am half way through Options. WooHoo! I fell off the wagon because I celebrated my 33 birthday and didn't care. My family saw it as, enjoy your last birthday before your life changes forever. I'm back on today but it took me a while to come back. I am still down 8 pounds. At least I still have that. I asked my brother to let me have his old Wii to workout with. I find the Just Dance games to be very fun. My goal is to lose 15 lbs before I graduate Options.

Tell me, what all should I expect in my next 6 classes? I am so excited to start learning about post-op stuff, like Vitamins and what not. How much have you lost? I am so excited to be back in action. I felt terrible eating cakes. Lol

Edited by onmica

@ I've had my set backs...lol I'm down 11 pounds as of last week, class 8. It's so hard! I gained like 2 pounds week 6 I think. Stupid Anniversary weekend.

I think the next 6 week classes are more about emotional eating and some on post op diet. I've noticed they really don't cover a lot of post op stuff until the very end. We haven't covered Vitamins yet. We did talk about Protein shakes though. Class 8 was scary in the sense that they told us how little we will be eating for a while after surgery. That part was scary.

However, I'm super excited to move forward and get this done. Do you know how long your going to take off?

@@almond_jay That's the exact same thing I said about my birthday... stupid birthday.. Lol

Yeah, they told me I'd only be able to eat an ounce. I'm okay with that as long as I take my Vitamins. If they told me that I could only eat that much more, then I would be scared. Because I'd starve.. But after surgery, it will feel like it's way too much. I look forward to not being hungry all the time.

I've actually been off of work since August because of a shoulder injury. My disability insurance only covers 1 year of off work pay. So ready or not, I have to go back to work at the end of July. I hope I will have my surgery sometime in May. That will give me a good 2 months to fully recover before going back. I work for USPS, so it requires a lot of movement. If I wasnt already off, I'd probably take 2 months off only because my job is hard manual labor.

What about you? How long do you think you will be off? How about Protein? Did you find anything that doesn't taste gross? I'm still looking.. It's hard.

@ I noticed that a couple of people have posted they had surgery in 2 weeks of meeting with the surgery through West LA. I think it may be because a lot of people haven't finished classes over the holidays. I'm hoping I can get in there in April...at the latest May.

They told us in the class the doctor suggest at least 1 month off. I know a lot of people go back in 2 weeks though. I have tons of time off saved as well as short term disability (I work for the government as well) so I think I'm going to use it. I don't have any hard labor but I hear your going to be super tired, plus they gave us the Water schedule and you seriously have to focus on it. My job is pretty high stress and fast pace so I need time off to focus on my recovery.

Protein, I've been trying a few things. Our Options teacher gave us the option to order their (Kaiser's) Meal Replacement Protein powder and it tastes pretty good. It's just super expensive. I've tried Nector brand and its actually not too bad. A lot of people in my class drink premier.

@@almond_jay

I was focused on primier too but I wanted to get something that I could use after surgery. Stick to the same brand, you know? My Options teacher said not to use Protein made from concentrate. She said all protein has to be made from isolate and that is what I've been looking for. I bought Isoflex chocolate and Peanut Butter. It's not all that. Then again, I only enjoy strawberry in any protein. I will try that one before I give up on the brand. It has 27 grams of protein per scoop. 1g of carbs, 0g sugar and 0g Fat.. I think I will definitely try nectar. I remember they showed us a sample of it. Thanks for letting me know it's okay. Lol. I was scared to try it.

Any way.. I just bought the move controller for my PS3 and the Just dance 4 game. Excellent workout. My little brother (he's 10, I'm 33) has it in the Wii U and I loved it so much. I can't wait to dance. It even calculates your calories. Walking was cool until the weather was in the mid 90's.. I was NOT excited about that. Now I'm getting back to working out.

Edited by onmica

Yey.. I was reading this whole thread again and I just noticed that @@wheezysmom and I both go to Options in Carson. Well.. WENT for wheezy as in past tense.. That means that maybe I will have the same luck as you with getting a quick surgery date. Yey! I have 4 more classes left.

I only have 2 more classes! I hope I get in for surgery in April. That would be awesome!

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Called today for appointment at west LA Kaiser and they are booking for mid May... I hope you get in sooner on a cancellation!