Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Surgery Dates Out There?

Excruciating pain on my right side. liquid norco doesn't even help. I hope that it eases tomorrow as I am at my witt's end.

I don't think your supposed to be in that much pain, in the a.m. let your dr know or get yourself back to the hosp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

@SHOTzY... Thx so much. Yea, I was that fat kid sitting on the sidelines during PhyEd too. Funny thing though, as much as I dislike working out, I always made sure to keep moving during my adult years, in hopes of not going above a certain weight. It wasn't until after the two knee surgeries, ankle injury, and diagnosis of degenerative disc disease that I felt and became limited with my activity and began to gain past my "never get bigger than this number". I'm so ready to be more active with my 3-year old, enjoy the outside with my wife, and to be a healthier me. I'm trying not to focus on the numbers, but I'm already down from 275 to 250 since my initial consult with the surgeon in December. It makes a big difference for someone who's 5'7. So, whether I'm ready or not, I'm going to have to start thinking about some new clothes. ???????? My wife keeps reminding me that the assistance of the toll hasn't even kicked in...wow that's right, ready or not the weight is coming off.

@@Pedro Valle-Inclan...man, I hate to hear about anything negative happening, although I know things happen. I'm glad you spoke with a healthcare professional. Are you going to see someone today?

Question @"SHOTzY*" -- What's giving you the problem with getting in your fluids...is it the constant feeling if fullness? I can certainly understand if that's the case, I'm not used to eating or drinking anything when I feel as full as I do. However, it's no longer uncomfortable to push past the feeling in an effort to get my fluids in. I'm determined because I don't want to end up going back to the hospital as a result it dehydration.

I started keeping a log of my fluids and counting popsicles, broth, Protein drinks, Decaf coffee and Water. I'm still not sure about the decaf and that's why I'm pushing to take in at least 20 more than Doc's recommendation. Plus I get up early and start sipping so I can give myself a break somewhere between 2 and 3 pm. I ordered this "adult-friendly" 16 oz sippy cup from Amazon and it really helps me to sip and not gulp.

post-268182-14553593992661_thumb.jpg

Also, I'm learning to drink only what I enjoy. broth doesn't really sit well on my stomach, so tea has become my replacement. Also, Mio flavor enhancer with my smart Water works much better, for me, than sugar free kool aid and crystal light. The easier it sits with my new pouch, the easier it is to get it down. One last thing, I'm using Almond Breeze for my nectar and unjury Protein Drinks and I really enjoy them. I'm not experiencing anything strange, thank God. Try different thinks and see what really works. I only had 2-days of liquid pre-op and in the profound words of a BariPal Senior Member @"JamesMaruael" "I really need to stay in a happy place", especially during a 17-day liquid phase post-op that's required by my Doc.

Finally, this combo has been awesome:

-4 oz water

-4 oz Almond Breeze

-1 Splenda

-1Chai French vanilla Tea Bag brewed for 7 mins

post-268182-14553600331617_thumb.jpg post-268182-14553600517203_thumb.jpg

Try different things and see what's gonna help you reach your goal. Praying that it gets easier for you.

Hi, just got up. absolutely luxurious to sleep 8 hours in own bed.!!

So it appears it was just me being a bit panicky my first night home... so after talk with doc last night I took 10 cc of Roxicet liquid and slept like a log. This morning now there was no more drainage stuff (which is what had scared me a bit), and no difference in coloration or swelling. But importantly, I feel pretty darn good. So here we go, so for Breakfast first thing I drank was half a Atkins choco shake in 30 min, then waited 30 min and now I'm sipping away, and damn it really is slow going!! But like DDN I'm pushing past that crazy full feeling, I ain't going back cuz of dehydration, which is what sends people back to hospital the most. So hopefully that was a false alarm last night from an absurdly exhausted and staggeringly hungry person in a weakened state. No, today feels like a different game. I'll keep people posted a lot this week as I'm february break from school. Thanks so much for your support here.

And to those who posted above about being in pain, I'm sending soothing vibes your way, praying you feel better quickly

I wonder why some doctots, doing the same surgery require difft pre op diet requirements. I have to do 2 weeks. Those with only 1 and 2 days, how lucky

Edited by Angie74

I had to do ONE DAY! And I wondered why other people did a week or weeks, why my doctor told me just 1 day before,

My surgery day is the 29th. I only have a 2 day pre op diet.

@"Pedro Valle-Inclan" Thx for the update. Sounds like you're back on the road to recovery. And remember the Fluid intake is within a "complete 24-hour period"...while in the hospital, I kept thinking within the waking hours of a day. SMH. It's confusing, but all will get the hang of it.

My surgery day is the 29th. I only have a 2 day pre op diet.

Same here Ashley. My surgeon's reason is because he requires liquids only for such a long period during the first part of post-op--it allows the body to fully heal. I was grateful on the pre-op side, but hope I continue feeling that way because 17 days on liquids only doesn't sound fun, even when experiencing a feeling of constant fullness. LOL! ???? @"Pedro Valle-Inclan" is lucky to have the thick milkshake-type Protein drinks...I'm only allowed the thinner type (only a few of the nectar and a few of the Unjury qualify as digestible protein for me) until my post-op appt. on 2/18 and then I can transition to something like Premier, Muscle Milk Light or the thicker Unjury types (i.e., vanilla and chocolate)

Edited by DDN

Hi, just got up. absolutely luxurious to sleep 8 hours in own bed.!!

So it appears it was just me being a bit panicky my first night home... so after talk with doc last night I took 10 cc of Roxicet liquid and slept like a log. This morning now there was no more drainage stuff (which is what had scared me a bit), and no difference in coloration or swelling. But importantly, I feel pretty darn good. So here we go, so for Breakfast first thing I drank was half a Atkins choco shake in 30 min, then waited 30 min and now I'm sipping away, and damn it really is slow going!! But like DDN I'm pushing past that crazy full feeling, I ain't going back cuz of dehydration, which is what sends people back to hospital the most. So hopefully that was a false alarm last night from an absurdly exhausted and staggeringly hungry person in a weakened state. No, today feels like a different game. I'll keep people posted a lot this week as I'm february break from school. Thanks so much for your support here.

And to those who posted above about being in pain, I'm sending soothing vibes your way, praying you feel better quickly

I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Make sure to keep your pain under control!!????????