Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Surgery Dates Out There?

We should be buddies. My surgery was Friday 2/12 and I really had high hopes of returning to work Monday after my revision on Friday.. That has not been the case.. I'm exhausted and sore.. I can't even motivate myself out to the store.. I am trying to avoid a problem with my liquids.. It's not hard to get them down.. Just time consuming and at this point I want to sleep

Hang in there it does get better! My surgery was two day before yours and Monday at work for me was a killer and I sit all day. It is better now. Taking short walk breaks of 4-5 min few times a day. I am worried about getting all the Fluid in but we can do it! I understand your exhaustion completely just hang in there and try to move as much as possible. I only lost 6 lbs first week which was disappointing considering taking in zero calories and my dr told me yesterday that revisions loose slower sometimes. We can do this! Don't be discouraged!

We should be buddies. My surgery was Friday 2/12 and I really had high hopes of returning to work Monday after my revision on Friday.. That has not been the case.. I'm exhausted and sore.. I can't even motivate myself out to the store.. I am trying to avoid a problem with my liquids.. It's not hard to get them down.. Just time consuming and at this point I want to sleep

Hang in there it does get better! My surgery was two day before yours and Monday at work for me was a killer and I sit all day. It is better now. Taking short walk breaks of 4-5 min few times a day. I am worried about getting all the Fluid in but we can do it! I understand your exhaustion completely just hang in there and try to move as much as possible. I only lost 6 lbs first week which was disappointing considering taking in zero calories and my dr told me yesterday that revisions loose slower sometimes. We can do this! Don't be discouraged!

Yes!! We can do this!! It seems I have not lost any weight. I want to think my scale is broken but I am thinking perhaps I just need to stay off of it.. lol. I now have diarrhea to add to my list of complaints. I am thinking its hard enough to get fluids in for them to just pour out.. sad face

I went to see my Dr today bc 3 days of diarrhea was really starting to worry me.. Anywho I found out I am 15.3lbs down only 6 days post op.. Im pretty excited about that but I don't feel any lighter. I need my energy to return.. Im truly dragging.

Hi there, my name is Sara. I had the sleeve on Feb. 8 & have had no problems, thank goodness! I'm actually already eating soft foods, like scrambled eggs, steamed veggies, etc. I'm taking in between 600 to 650 calories a day. I feel like that is too much though for only being almost 2 weeks out. Can I ask what people are getting calorie wise being 2 weeks out?

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal

I had my surgery on 2/2. Had some nausea issues..and haven't kept anything down except hot tea and Water :/ hoping this subsides soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal

Surgery on the 29th!!! Excited and nervous! Only telling three people in my life, so definitely will need encouragement and support on here!

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

@@Bellalover congratsssss, I had my band on weds , n only a few people know about it , but I'm here for you , yeayyyyyy good luck

I am almost 4 weeks out and can only eat 300-450 calories a day.

How does this work? Do just monitor the calories? Does your Dr give a meal plan? Are you able to eat from a list of food choices? This sounds challenging.

I am almost 4 weeks out and can only eat 300-450 calories a day.

How does this work? Do just monitor the calories? Does your Dr give a meal plan? Are you able to eat from a list of food choices? This sounds challenging.
My NUT and DR gave me a list of stage 2 foods for purée. What I do is put a timer on my phone so every 3 hours I will eat something. I can't eat much. So I either take my time and eat whatever I puréed which can take 2 hours to finish or just eat two or three bites till I'm full. I use the Fitbit app that tracks what calories and foods I am taking in. Is not challenging you just have to get used to it and remember you can't eat like you used too. I have yet to try tuna I'm not fish person but other than that I am able to eat anything that is soft enough for me.

Anyone having surgery on 2-22?

Hi Andi's Mom! I am having surgery on 2/22. Very excited! Just ready to do this already! I am a bit nervous as many on here said they did a pre-op diet....my surgeon only requires no food the day before and no liquids beginning at midnight the day before. What about you?

Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal

Yes my surgery is Monday 2-22. Both nervous and excited! I am on day 13 of a liquid diet! It's not easy but it will be worth it. I wonder why some doctors require the liquid diet and others don't.

Edited by Andi's mom