Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My parents were so against my surgery due to worries of what could happen to me during surgery. I understand where they were coming from and NOW they are my biggest cheerleaders! Today they gave me a Alex and Ani Bracelet that says "HERO" with a beautiful card with so many amazing things they said. Knowing they are proud means the world to me. Being able to call them and tell them my milestones is a blessing. I am proud of myself. My husband and sons are cheerleaders as well but these two people who gave me life and are able to watch me change my life in a positive way while being do encouraging just brings me to tears.

That was my wife's attitude at first. I haven't had the surgery yet. She has some weight to lose as well, but nowhere near as much as me. She decided to join the Options class with me at Kaiser, so that she would know what I was going to go through, and what to expect. I should get my surgery date this coming week. She is now my biggest supporter!

It is so important to have great support. My husband came to meetings with me too and has been great. I wish you the best of luck and let us know when your date is.

Well, I has my pre-op yesterday, and my surgery is on February 16. My wife is not having the surgery, but she knows what my diet is, which she is following. Since she doesn't have the amount of weight to lose, they healthy lifestyle changes are causing her to lose weight as well. I don't know how I would do this without her!

Well, I has my pre-op yesterday, and my surgery is on February 16. My wife is not having the surgery, but she knows what my diet is, which she is following. Since she doesn't have the amount of weight to lose, they healthy lifestyle changes are causing her to lose weight as well. I don't know how I would do this without her!

My husband is following my eating pattern with me and has been since pre op. He has made this journey so much easier for me. It's fantastic to have that support.

Thanks for sharing this, it's very uplifting.

You are very lucky to have wonderful, caring parents like that.

This is beautiful

My husband also has been my biggest supporter. He's changed his diet right alongside mine, and we're making better decisions as a family unit now.

My mother, who has never had any weight problems, was against having surgery in the beginning, but now she fully supports me and was SO helpful along the way.

I haven't told my dad about this surgery, he loves me, but he's got a big mouth and lots of opinions. I still love my dad, but I've got some boundaries set.

I'm so very happy that you've got that support from your parents, they sound like beautiful people. ❤️

That's great about your parents!

My wife and parents were not very happy about my decision to get sleeved because they were concerned about the surgical procedure. My parents told me many times over the last year they wished I would not go through with it. They also wondered why I would opt for such a "dangerous" thing considering that I have lost the weight in the past the old fashioned way (twice!).

My wife said she was not thrilled about it but if I want it then she supports me. I should have taken her to more of the consultations and doctor visits, because when I went in for the actual surgery I think talking with the nurses, and other people that had been sleeved, eased her mind about the process. She is not really a computer user - she doesn't do much besides read her Kindle and use Facebook on her iPhone so she hasn't read much about wls.

It is a little hard at home because even though my wife supports my wls decision, making sure I get the proper foods, she still eats fast food and junk food at home.

I am so lucky to have my parents, sisters, son and nephew for my support system. My youngest sister was a bit of a hold out, never letting on until I took her to group and she peppered questions and left feeling so much better. My son had reservations a few days before but he was scared.

They all went in on a fitbit an presented it to me, it was such a great feeling knowing they all had my back.

This post warmed my heart. There is nothing more comforting in the world than to have the ones you love, have your back. I am happy for you :) . Congrats on your success so far, and may it continue! :D

@@thegentleoso How did you get a surgery date so quickly? I read that a lot of people have to wait for a couple of months.