Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A normal daily diet for the sleeve

Once you have gotten past all the stages and liquids and softs foods and have started on a regular daily diet. what are you eating. What does your daily menu really look like?

I eat anything I want to. The difference is that what I want has changed. I don't want Twinkies and Pepsi anymore. I want fresh food prepared from scratch. I eat roasted and salad veggies instead of potato chips.

I don't eat near as much red meat and cheese that I used to, but I have learned to explore seafood instead of going into a seafood panic shutdown. We keep roasted turkey in the fridge instead of just on Thanksgiving. I eat vanilla Greek Yogurt instead of full fat Breyers Ice Cream. fruit is a fresh peach, not peach pie.

Actually, I have become a "Nutritarian" meaning that nothing goes into my body that does not provided nutrition to fuel my body. Instead of my body being a means to eat oversized servings of everything my taste buds desire, it has become a mechanical container for my spiritual essence of being (my personality, my spirit, that part of me that entered at conception and will exit upon death).

It is my full time job now to maintain that container in good condition for as long as possible. My body reacts instantly in a bad way to things I used to eat. I have learned the difference between real food (things you grow, chase, and pick) and edible products made in factories.

So, my primary guidance now is to just not eat anything made in a factory.

Lately I've been relying on Protein bars a bit too much, but here's a rough outline of what I eat at 16 months post-op:

Breakfast: Protein Bar and a cup of coffee

Lunch: Leftover meat from a previous dinner OR 2 oz. of cheese and 1 oz. of peanuts

Afternoon Snack: Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt with 15 grams of granola or Kashi Cereal mixed in

Dinner: meat from whatever my husband makes. He just makes normal dinners and I skip the sides or starches. chicken, meatloaf, shrimp, sausage... whatever. Last night was teriyaki salmon loaf.

Evening Snack: Protein Bar and a cup of coffee

I also usually incorporate some sort of carb-only snack into my day now that I'm in maintenance in between my high Protein meals/snacks. It's usually chips, crackers, candy, or ice cream. Sometimes in the morning between Breakfast and lunch or sometimes in the late afternoon, after I get home from work, but before dinner.< /p>

I'm almost 7 months out and below goal. My daily menu looks like this:

Breakfast:

• 1/2 packet of lower-sugar oatmeal made with Fairlife skim milk
  • 1/2 scoop of vanilla Protein powder stirred into the oatmeal
  • 1 Morningstar Farms veggie sausage link
  • or, if we go out to Breakfast, I'll get a Denver omelet and eat about 1/3-1/2 and give the toast and most of the home-fries to my husband
  • or, if I know I'm going to be going out or eating a more carb-heavy meal that day, I'll have a Protein shake

My commute to work is about 25 minutes, so once I get there I have:

Lunch:

• 1 ounce turkey pepperoni or chicken breast or tofu
  • 1 light string cheese or Babybel
  • My NUT wants me to start making my lunch a little more substantial, so I'm working on throwing in some veggies & hummus, a few baby dill pickles, making little salads, etc.

Mid-afternoon snack:

• 1 ounce cashews, pistachios, and almonds with 1-2 prunes
  • OR 1 ounce roasted chickpeas with 1-2 prunes
  • OR 1/2-3/4 of an apple with 2 TB natural almond or Peanut Butter

DInner:

• Varies--in general, something that includes 2-3 ounces of Protein (meat, soy, Beans, dairy, etc), 1/4 cup non-starchy veggies, and sometimes 2 TB of a starch (potatoes, sweet potatoes, quinoa, low-carb tortilla, etc.)

Evening snack:

• 3/4-1 cup of Greek yogurt with added Protein Powder topped with 1/2-1 ounce of salted caramel and/or dark chocolate almonds OR topped with 1/8-1/4 cup low-sugar, high protein granola
  • OR 1/2-1 protein bar (usually Quest)
  • OR, if I need more fluids or have eaten a lot of carbs that day, a protein shake

I was sleeved March 2015, so I'm 10 months post op.

Breakfast - premier pre-made Protein shake

Mid morning snack - planters Protein pack (nuts, dried fruit, etc 10 grams protein)

lunch - 3-4 oz meat. I usually do taco meat, or chicken/beef cooked in crockpot (various recipes - I tend to do better with moister meats). Sometimes I eat leftovers from the night before, but it's mostly protein with 2-3 bites of veggies.

Afternoon snack - another planters protein pack. Sometimes I don't eat an afternoon snack

dinner - more meat. Sometimes same as lunch or leftovers again. Sometimes I just drink another Protein Shake.

And throughout the day, I'm drinking either Water or decaf/unsweetened tea to get my 64 oz of liquids in

Today was this:

Breakfast: Egg with cheese and a slice of bacon

Snack: light babybel cheese

Lunch: zucchini noodles (very little) with 2 oz chicken baked with a roasted red pepper and basil

Snack: Birthday cake muscle butter with 1/4th if an apple

Dinner: teeny tiny burger with cheese, no bun

Babybel cheese and pepperoni have been favorite Snacks, I've also been eating turkey meatballs and shepherds pie made with ground turkey and cauliflower mash.

Pinterest has been my best friend. I have so many low carb/keto recipes saved. I feel like I'm still able to eat amazing food just much much less of it.

Edited by tmcx28

Breakfast:

I egg scrambled, turkey sausage crumbles, 1-orowheat toast, 1/3 C strawberries, 1/4 C blueberries

Morning snack:

Danon light and fit yogurt

Lunch:

Chili's mango chili chicken (no rice, no sides), fresco salad with light ranch instead of honey vinegrette

Afternoon snack;

P3 Protein snack

Supper:

3 ounces rotisserie chicken

2 cups mixed greens - dry

Feta cheese

Strawberries

Blueberries

Poppyseed dip

Evening snack:

SF Popsicle

Chamomile tea with 1 tsp agave nectar

8-10 cups of Water

Great thread, I'm following!

I'm 5 months out today, and not at goal.

Breakfast: one fruit-flavored greek yogurt, or one scrambled egg with cheese.

Lunch: 1/3 cup of meat leftover from dinner, or about six small meatballs.

Dinner: 1/3 cup of meat (fish, chicken, steak, ribs, pork loin, etc.) with about two bites of vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower)

One sugar-free tropical popsicle after dinner.< /p>

About 60 ounces or more of crystal light each day.

My plan does not allow Snacks. I tried adding some salad to lunch or dinner, but I just can't eat it after eating my Protein.

My plan does not allow Snacks. I tried adding some salad to lunch or dinner, but I just can't eat it after eating my Protein.

How are you possibly supposed to get enough calories to live if you aren't allowed Snacks? I can eat, at best, 300 calories in one "meal". That would only be 900 calories a day....

Supper:

3 ounces rotisserie chicken

2 cups mixed greens - dry

Feta cheese

Strawberries

Blueberries

Poppyseed dip

You can eat all of that at one time?

im confused im 4 months post op i will have 2 or 3 eggs and a slice of fat free cheese and for lunch 6oz of meat and some veggies same for supper and sometimes a 100 calorie snack and i lost over 70# so far i feel like everyone is eating a lot less then me

I'm almost 3 months out

Breakfast: coffee and premier Protein

Am snack: boiled egg or turkey pepperoni or cheese stick (sometimes a combo of 2 of the above)

Lunch: turkey lunch meat or egg/chicken/tuna salad or buffalo chicken dip made with Greek yogurt or left over meat from dinner

Afternoon snack: Protein Bar

Dinner: 3-4 oz of meat

im confused im 4 months post op i will have 2 or 3 eggs and a slice of fat free cheese and for lunch 6oz of meat and some veggies same for supper and sometimes a 100 calorie snack and i lost over 70# so far i feel like everyone is eating a lot less then me

6 oz. of meat plus veggies at one meal does seem like a LOT to me, but you are losing weight, so you can't argue with results. Everyone is different and as long as your sleeve is working for you, then that's all that matters. Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to eat a meal of that size. I eat much less in one sitting, but I actually tend to eat pretty fast. I think if I ate more slowly, I could drag it our longer and eat more. Also, do you eat and drink at the same time? I think if I were to do that, I could also probably eat a lot more than I do.

about 15 min to eat and i dont drink 30 min before or after

I think it depends a lot on how far out you are. At 15 months, I eat differently than I did at 6 months. I now eat a little larger portion at a time, but still very small compared to what I used to eat ( and what others eat). Now I eat at mealtime. Before I ate every 2-3 hours. Breakfast is an egg, maybe a little cheese, maybe a piece of turkey sausage. lunch is Peanut Butter, some chicken salad, maybe a little fruit. dinner consists of a very small piece of chicken, steak, etc, and a tablespoon of a veg. I sometimes have a little high Protein milk as well. (Still love milk.) I generally eat nuts before bedtime.