Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people who are just starting the bariatric process

I had my insurance appt last week, and my seminar today. I have the physical with the dr on 3/22. Already had blood work up completed (3/1), and gave my PCP the template for the letter he needs to write to my surgeon. For as long as I've been on WW, and just dieting in general for all of these years, you'd think I wouldn't be quite as overwhelmed as I'm feeling currently. That said, I still have many months to go before I even need to worry about surgery. One day at a time...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I recorded all my classes on my iphone so I could always have something to refer back to. It is a lot of information and I couldn't write fast enough to capture everything. The most important thing to do is to ask questions. It is awkward for some people but most people in the class are probably wondering the same things you are. Good luck.

I also am newly starting the process I've watched a siminar had my first visit with the Doctor yesterday I went to a class and support meeting that is required now I'm waiting to see the Diatition . I have to do the 6 month weight loss with my primary care doctor . I'm wondering has anyone had trouble loosing weight I sure have I felt like I starved myself and only lost 3 pounds in a month .

My 3rd of 6 doctor appts required by insurance is Monday. Bariatric support group meets Tuesday then my pre-op class is 3/22. At that class I will also be scheduled for my nutrition appointment and will be given "homework" to study and complete before my nutrition appt. I have to take a quiz the day of my nutrition appointment and if I fail, no surgery til I pass! I'm a little nervous but I have a background in medicine so hopefully those nutrition classes from nursing school will help! I still don't have a date but I'm around 3 months from surgery!

I'm about 3 months out too. Scheduled for June 1st. I have my endoscopy on Friday and will complete my required supervised Diet on May 1st. I was not thrilled about the 3 month requirement but I've actually lost 20 lbs since 1/7 and I feel like it has helped me get control of my bad eating habits. So win-win.

Just started my 6 months supervised diet yesterday with my PCP go back on 4/11 for month 2 then surgeon on 4/21

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I have my 2nd of 6 visits on 3/15. I know it will be here before I know it but 5 months seems so far away right now. Also concerned about going through the six month process and the insurance company denying the surgery. Good luck to all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the BariatricPal App

I'm still pre op waiting for insurance approval. I started back in November had my last nutrition visit in February.

I'm just started myself. I went to the informational session in February... had my first appointment 2 weeks ago. I get to see the dietician on Friday, and the psychologist on Monday. At my first appointment with the bariatrician, I met with the insurance gal who said I could be having surgery as soon as June. Holy buckets that's close :)

For those going to their first appointment with the Bariatrician (MD), it's likely no sweat. Mine talk me through stuff, then ask you every question imaginable about your health. It was more like a conversation than an appointment. Then they order a ton of bloodwork.

Best of luck to everyone.

Just went to my seminar last week and have my first appointment coming up in about a week! Meeting with a Physicians Assistant and Dietitian. During my seminar they recommended starting getting everything in order and gave me a checklist to contact my insurance company and schedule my psych appointments.

I'm very excited for this journey!

Hi all. I'm a couple months into the process. I saw the surgeon in December and just had my 3rd nutrition class. The two thing im nervous about is me having a lot of sagging skin about a year from now.

That's scary. I've seen too many people on YouTube saying they have a lot. Everybody's skin don't go back to a good way. Terrified

@@Mudgy6 I'm also very nervous about the loose skin...I've seen a lot of young ladies close to my age (27) on Instagram who have serious loose skin but then my mom who had surgery 10 years ago at 44 you can hardly even tell.

@@Mudgy6 I'm also very nervous about the loose skin...I've seen a lot of young ladies close to my age (27) on Instagram who have serious loose skin but then my mom who had surgery 10 years ago at 44 you can hardly even tell.

I had a great dr appointment today. My doctor approved the use of my food and exercise journals from November and December and signed off on the paperwork so I may end up having surgery in April or early May instead of late June!

I'm just starting out! I met with my surgeon yesterday and am starting my 6 month supervised diet.