Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 12/21/15 sleevers: How are you doing?

Mine was that way prior to surgery but having to adjust one less shake a day to well get anything. I think it's the Protein in the shakes.

I just had my sleeve on 12/29. Did anyone else have issues with black liquidy poop the first few days after surgery?

That may be normal. liquid in .. Liquid out. I had similar issue.

My poops were messed for the whole week since. Still not back to normal.

I had my sleeve on 12/22. Stayed in the hospital until Christmas due to heart complications. Each day gets easier/better. Last night I think I had my first experience with dumping. After my post-op appointment I came home and had some cream of chicken Soup. This went down well. Then I tried my BariActiv Vitamins, dissolvable, and I felt so nauseous and had to run to the bathroom. Was up all night, not with pain, but noises in the gut and clenching. (Tmi) I just tried the vitamins again and started to get nauseous so I spit it out. I just ordered Wellese liquid so hopefully those will go down better.

OMG! I had warm all natural pnut butter with chocolate pudding!! Wow!! Liquid gold after liquids last week. Sleeved 12/22!!! Also Healthy Choice vanilla bean frozen Greek yogurt.... Heaven. Oh, the small things! ????????

morning 1 came home yesterday from hospital.my sleeve surgery was on December 28th right after x mas. its 330 am woke up with stomach pains at 230 am. took 2 pain pills checked my bp 129/98 bpm 95. took 1 nausea a pill drank 2 oz. of Water in total. walked around apartment for 5 minutes to break up some trapped gas and took a chewable gas tablet. felling slightly dizzy so drank 1 oz. of my premiere Protein powder and milk mixture while I typed all this. besides pain and discomfort so far my biggest issue is keeping track of all meds taken and making a schedule for them. still haven't had a bm since surgery 4 days ago. haven't started the docusate for that yet. checked scale when I came home says I weigh in at 251.5 lbs. when I went in for my surgery it said 265 lbs on same scale. drinking the 1 oz. of Protein seems to have helped my dizziness so far.

its 7 am it took me 5 oz. of protein powder and milk mix to choke down my Prilosec capsule inners mixed together with protein milk mix in 1 oz cup had to refill 4x to get all the Prilosec in me. does anyone know a better way to mix capsule inners to be able to drink them? I tried just Water wanted to be sick from the taste and 5 oz for me is a lot. I'm only now 5 days past from surgery. but I was told I have to open up my Prilosec capsules and my actigal capsules. so a better means to do these would be most helpful please ?

Edited by Scott Myself

I mix the inside of my capsules with a wee bit of unsweetened applesauce to get them down. But I was discharged on the pureed diet. I'm 11 days post op and I'm not gonna lie, it has been a rough road. Know things will get better eventually☺.

Happy New Year 12/21 sleevers! Remember this is our year! Be a little selfish and put your health and happiness first! The hard part is over....time to reclaim our lives! *cheers*

Hello everyone. I was sleeved on 12/28-I hate to come to the post and appear negative but I feel awful on some days. I can't seem to get all of my Protein and Water down due to the excruciating pain from the gas. And it feels like I can feel literally every beat of my heart in my chest and throat area. I'm feeling shaky and just overall exhausted. Again this isn't meant to be a negative post but I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing some of the same. One day I got so depressed about it all I had regrets about getting the sleeve in the first place. Somebody, anybody chime in and let me know I'm not alone here.

Hello everyone. I was sleeved on 12/28-I hate to come to the post and appear negative but I feel awful on some days. I can't seem to get all of my Protein and Water down due to the excruciating pain from the gas. And it feels like I can feel literally every beat of my heart in my chest and throat area. I'm feeling shaky and just overall exhausted. Again this isn't meant to be a negative post but I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing some of the same. One day I got so depressed about it all I had regrets about getting the sleeve in the first place. Somebody, anybody chime in and let me know I'm not alone here.

I was told it's ok if you cant handle all the Protein supplement just drink Water instead as long as you stay hydrated that is most important is what the staff told me for first 7 days. also since i came home yesterday I have also had bad gas build up and find that walking helps to get it out of you

I was told it's ok if you cant handle all the Protein supplement just drink Water instead as long as you stay hydrated that is most important is what the staff told me for first 7 days. also since i came home yesterday I have also had bad gas build up and find that walking helps to get it out of you

Try moist or dry heat on your chest or where the gas builds up. It does make a difference. I found my self doing the trucker move, where kids pump their arms up and down to get them to honk, while I drank to help keep every thing moving when I wasn't walking around. My sister came by and thought I had lost my mind. lol of course she walked in when I decided to add sound effects. I'm a Dec 21st sleeve and I promise it gets better. Now if I could get the lower half on board and moving properly, but I know that it will.

I was sleeved on 12/29. Things are going ok. I am getting 64 oz of Water a day and around 50grams of Protein. I'm having trouble walking due to a burning/pinching sensation on my incision. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what has helped? I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday and stressed because I can't stand up straight and in pain.

Your feelings are just your feelings ... I am sure most of us have our days too. It is a big adjustment and big changes always contribute to changing moods. One of these days you will look back and say it was worth it. I keep telling myself this especially when I look like I'm losing and then get back on the scale and I'm up a couple of pounds. I am trying to focus on my goals ... ultimately to have lost weight and to be healthier. Hang in there! You can do this :-)

Who is losing? How much since 12/21?

I am up and down with slow weight loss. I've lost close to 20lbs including pre-op weight loss. I see my doctor next week and hopefully will get some perspective on my up and down weight ... I think it is because I have a tendency to retain fluids and they took me off of my medication that helped rid me of fluids. I think I might start doing measurements to see if I can see changes that way and not just via the scale. Hope you are doing well with your weight loss :-)