Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV Top 10 Wish List

I'm four days preop, and I've been thinking about non-scale victories (NSVs) that I'm looking forward to. Here's my top 10 list. I'll come back and update the list as I accomplish each one. What's on your NSV wish list?

1. Shop for clothes in the "misses" or "juniors" part of the store

2. Cross my legs when sitting in a chair

3. Go at least two hours without thinking about food at all

4. Make exercise a daily habit

5. Get rid of every scrap of clothing over a size 12 in my closet

6. Climb stairs without losing my breath

7. Buy sexy underwear

8. Wear sexy underwear in front of my husband

9. Go indoor rock climbing

10. Go indoor skydiving (Yes, I'm a wimp!)

I really just want to wear a T shirt without looking preggo!

Edited by cleobrown

Those are great!

I'm a little over a week pre-op and I went shopping for gifts for family over the weekend and saw so many gorgeous clothes that I would like to think I can fit into by next Christmas! And I'm not a clothes horse. I would just like some nice things to wear instead of the same old 'fat clothes' I have.

This is a fabulous post!!

Never buy anything with a 1,2 or 3 followed by an x.

Go zip lining with my husband without the weight limit fear. You have to weigh on the platform.

Wear shorts in public.

Go fly fishing with my husband and be able to make the hike in without struggling.

Not be the only fat one in the room!

Some GREAT things indeed!

I agree on all posts about clothes. Cant wait until i can wear a beautiful dress.

Zip lining is also on my list

Learn to ballroom dance

Travel and sightsee and be able to walk

To learn how to drive a motorcycle

Fly on airplane and not have to stress about taking up too much room and fitting into bathroom!! Lol

Good luck to all ????

Deadweight....I second the airplane one! I can buckle the buckle but I was lucky. I had to squeeze. I HATE when my body is pushing towards the seat next to me. Good one! Thanks for the reminder!

I'm a year out and almost at maintenance but a NSV for me is when a football announcer says "Boy that tight-end is a big guy, 6'3" 240lbs" and I no longer have to inwardly cringe because I weigh more than him. Another one is just that feeling of roomy clothes, that used to be too tight, sliding over your skin because they're now loose instead of tight.

I'm a year out and almost at maintenance but a NSV for me is when a football announcer says "Boy that tight-end is a big guy, 6'3" 240lbs" and I no longer have to inwardly cringe because I weigh more than him. Another one is just that feeling of roomy clothes, that used to be too tight, sliding over your skin because they're now loose instead of tight.

Yessssss on both of these! I've cringed many times at hearing a football player's weight.

Justme24, I do that too! I am 5 foot 8 and I HATE when my husband, who is very sweet, says "I can't imagine being that big" and it is a football tackle MAN and I weigh more.

Let's add: I want to weigh LESS than my husband who is 6 foot 1 and athletic.

Also, I want to weigh what my drivers license says...

LOVE this topic!! I am about 7 months post-op, but I created a NSVs wish-list when I was pre-op. Here is the list and how I am doing so far ...

1. Weigh less than my husband DONE!

2. Wear something in a smaller size than when I graduated HS (20+ years ago) DONE!

3. Give away all clothing that starts with a #2 (28, 26, etc) DONE!

4. Shop in something other than a plus store/department .... Kind of for jeans that I like, but not for long as they are now getting baggy in the butt!

5. Buy/wear tall boots DONE! And Skinny jeans too!

6. Buy/Wear a "little black dress" and actually have it be little

7. Walk more than a mile without being breathless DONE! I am now walking 5K races.

8. Fly without needing a seat belt extender .... Hopefully when we go on vaca!

9. Go parasailing ... This summer, for sure!

10. Go mountain biking ... as soon as the weather is nice enough!

One that was not on my list, but just recently happened ... being called "skinny"!! Totally loved it, although I do not consider myself skinny.

Edited by WorkinOnMe

This is great! I made a similar list when I was pre-op and I have to say there were many times when I went back and revisited that list...either to get me through a moment of doubt or to check off another goal as "met". Keep your list somewhere handy! You'll be surprised how quickly you get to check things off!

This is fantastic.

Here's mine: (not in order of priority)

1. Tie my shoes without having to hold my breath or "come up for air" lol

2. Bye Bye Bedwetting

3. Bye Bye CPAP

4. The ability to shop (and make purchases from) at banana Republic, Nordstrom, etc

5. Playing with kids on the floor without aches and pains.

6. Snow sports once again

7. Down the road: complete a marathon.

8. Cycling gear that fits my body

9. No more medications

10. (Sorry if TMI) better Sex :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get my surgery (for the second time) on Thursday. Happy boy right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love love love! I am going to make a list!!

1. Tie my shoes without having to hold my breath or "come up for air" lol

Yessss! So tired of feeling like my stomach (and every other abdominal organ) is in my throat when I bend over!