Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op diet diet tomorrow

Expect a headache the first couple of days and loose stools

Drink Water too. That helped me. And think of summer when you will be in smaller shorts and rocking a bathing suit!!

i'm in the same boat. surgery dec 30th. liquid diet started yesterday. and only 15 more days of it to go. Ugh! i can totally agree with the loose stools. i have learned to make sure you are on the pot before letting one rip (i messed my undies at work and had to go commando for the afternoon. NOT COOL). the thing i'm going to miss is sitting down at the table for dinner with the family. but i need to do this for my famliy so...

i have found Protein shakes are okay. adding greek yogurt makes them slightly better. G2 gatorade had been my buddy too. i freaking hated gatorade but now its not so bad (beats drinking plain Water all the time).

all i know is that cheating is NOT an option. we must stick it out. keep chugging away and it will be here before you know it.

My last day on the Pre-Op diet is tomorrow. My surgery is on Tuesday! I just wanted to say that you can do it! There are some not so comfortable times, like possible headaches and loose stools, but there are also great benefits of watching the scale go down. I have lost 20 lbs over the last two weeks. You don't have to think too hard about what to eat as the list is fairly short and concise. My biggest tip is to add flavor and texture to your Protien drinks. My favorite is vanilla protien powder, a scoop of PB2, a couple tablespoons of Sugar Free Chocolate Torani Syrup and 4-6 oz of whole milk. Blend well and then add ice and blend it again. It tastes like a fairly good PB and chocolate shake. I will be praying for you during your surgery.

I'm having my surgery tomorrow and I'm totally freaking out, but I want this so badly. I'm starting at 224 at 19 and I want to be healthy and happy so badly. I just really hope that I don't completely freak out tomorrow.

I'm having my surgery tomorrow and I'm totally freaking out, but I want this so badly. I'm starting at 224 at 19 and I want to be healthy and happy so badly. I just really hope that I don't completely freak out tomorrow.

I totally understand how to feel. Up to an hour before surgery, I told my husband I wanted to go home. I think it's perfectly normal to feel like you're going to freak out. You will do fine.

12/21/15 i am on day 6. i have to do lactose free skim milk since i am diabetic. but this makes the shake sludge so i do the shake with Water and do milk by itself. it was a gassy headachy diarhea situation the first 5 days. now, its just gassy - flatulance is the worst. but its bearable. i sense when i get hungry and gulp the stuff down. i chase it with Water or milk. and i have to brush more because i feel like a film is in my mouth all day.but it could be worse. i stick to the just milk, shake with water, water, and occasionally broth. no cheats. its not worth it to get this far and cant finish. everyone will be different but just focus on your potential for initial loss and your preparation for making it as easy for your surgeon as you can so he can help you. im weighing every day (wont do that after surgery) and taking as many pictures as i can as i avoided doing so for so long. i want to have numbers and pictures to make comparisons later. so it can be motivation for those stalls and emotional days. and if we can manage this for two weeks, we can do anything that follows.