Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Updates on December 2015 Surgeries

My surgery was Monday 12/14 and I'm actually going into the ER today because they think I may have some internal bleeding. I have a very large very dark purple bruise spreading across and now down my belly from the middle incision. I don't have a fever, blood pressure is good and the "Normal" pain from surgery is almost gone after five days. This whatever it is going on with my middle incision though is seriously killing me, pain medication doesn't help :( and now today for the first time I'm having a hard time getting fluids in, which I think is being caused by how swollen my belly is, it keeps swelling more and more from that middle incision. I'll post an update after the hospital. So weird, lol. I still DO NOT regret my decision in the slightest.

Surgery was on 12/15 and I'm starting to feels the first tinges of regret. I'm still in pain, particularly on my right side. It keeps me from walking like I should. I'm getting scared of running out of pain meds before it stops.

I'm not quite getting enough fluids but my Protein intake is good. I might not be eating enough, I'm not even sure. But I figured if Protein and Water goals were met, It's good enough for now.

Between pain and food worries, I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I have no idea if any weight has been lost. (I made a promise to myself. Weigh only once a month.)

I'm sorry to be a downer. I just needed to vent. My head knows I did the right thing. My heart is in another place.

My dr said to weigh daily so I can have the affirmation that it's working. It also tells me what works well for weight loss and what does not. If I'm not weighing daily then I don't know. I had surgery on Monday of this week and I'm already down 25 lbs. I don't feel skinnier yet, but I can say one of my chins has diminished. :)

I had my surgery Dec 16th and I'm doing very well so far, no pain or gas medicines. I do try to get out and walk as much as possible. I'm just having a hard time not being able to eat certain things. Is there anything that I can eat during the full liquid diet besides stuff from the Clear Liquids, sf pudding, Protein Shakes, cream of wheat, Soup and sf popsicles? please tell me there is something else : )

@Klolojadie.

I'm so sorry to hear of your latest challenge! Has the dr figured out what it is, and are you better now? Thinking of you....this too shall pass and you'll be back on track very soon, I'm sure!

@@Mrs_B_12/16/15

After the Clear Liquids week, I was thrilled to be able to eat soup! i buy the good stuff and strain all of the chunks out of it (hubby gets those) and i just have the liquid, but oh my, that liquid is sooooo tasty! I especially like clam chowder. I move to the "pureed" stage Wednesday, so i have to figure out exactly what that means! Hang in there...this is just for a short time....and soon we'll have many more choices. Gotta let that pouch heal!

Thanks...so looking forward to this surgery...because it is scheduled for Dec 28 I feel as though it is my Christmas gift to me!I have so many things I want to do...feeling good and carrying less weight will allow my to excel in all areas of my life....you guys keep me inspired! Thanks.

My surgery is on the 28th as well - it is TOTALLY a christmas present to myself!

Dec 28 for me""also can't wait..,not nervous,just excited after all the hoops and protocol.

The pain on my right side was enough to call my surgeon's office and go in. Apparently, my Protein and fluids are solid. My surgeon is proud of me. I even got a little card for restaurants that let me order from the children's menu. I'm a card carrying member!

My pain is because of a large bruise and knot inside of it. The knot is a pocket of Fluid. It still hurts and I'm still on pain meds for now, but it is getting better. I'll be alright by the end of the week, I think.

@@bugsy72 omg I love clam chowder, I wasn't sure if I could take the chunks out so I've been buying the normal runny Soup. My husband made gumbo last night and I was wondering if I can strain it and just have the liquid which I'm assuming I can now since it's Water, chicken broth, and flavor from the items he put in it. I appreciate you response. : )

@@SaaxySam09

RNY was my Christmas present, too! I told my hubby i was JUUUUUUST fine with that! : )

@@mrsob1

I hated that drain too, but now, I hardly remember it. It will be gone soon! My drained a lot too and it was just such a pain! But after a week, it was gone and life marches on....you'll be there soon and you'll be so happy to get rid of it!

@@Mrs_B_12/16/15

Yes, when i moved from "clear liquids" to "full liquids," I can have creamed Soups that are strained. So I buy the chunky Soup clam chowder and like i said, give hubby all of the good stuff, and I keep the creamy delicious liquid part after it has been strained. It tastes just delicious and one can lasts for about 3 meals : ) Don't eat too much though; it's easy to do because it tastes so good. Have to remember how tiny your stomach is now! I made that mistake once of eating and drinking too much too fast and i felt absolutely awful for hours. :(

How long have your tubes been in/how long until the doctors take it out? Haven't heard too much about it.

After the trip to the ER last weekend I've got a lot of answers! I was having some internal bleeding between the muscle and skin and my abdomen was filling up with blood (which was the cause of the giant evil bruise & severe pain) Thankfully the bleeding had stopped on its own and the swelling has gone down, fluids and Protein are easy peasy! My pain is managed now and everything is getting easier and I'm 8 days Post-Op. I've been using an immersion blender to puree Progresso light Soups (only low-fat low carb and higher protein ones) I have had no problem so far with anything I've put into my new pouch, I haven't eaten or swallowed too much by accident yet, sometimes I wonder if they really did anything when they were in there lol