Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January or February 2016 Sleevers?

Just got my phone call, approved for my January 6th surgery date!!!!!

Me too!! do you need to do the pre-op diet. good luck and see you on the other side

Hello I am new as of today. Im from Saskatchewan Canada. I am having my surgery in Tijuana, Mexico on Jan 22 at the Mi hospital with doctor Ponce. I am on day 4 of my pre op diet(I started a week early-I think I will need it) Day after Christmas. So I definitely indulged over the holidays and am feeling quite piggish. Im not so nervous about the surgery itself but its the possible failure afterwards that scares me. Hoping to make some buddies on here as support around here is limited as far as I know. I have been looking. Excited to be a part of the group :)

I'm going through Dr Ponce too! January 9th is my day!

Hi Everyone

I am back and I FINALLY have a surgery date of Jan 26th 2 days after my 60th birthday. I had to speak to the PCP Site manager and threatened that if the PCP didn't send out the medical clearance today I would be in his office tomorrow and would not leave until I got the medical clearance. Well I guess this threat worked. My 6 months was up on Nov 23rd and I have been waiting all this time for the PCP to give me the medical clearance. I can't believe all the hoops I have had to jump through and all the delays with referrals and appt being set. This is my first surgery and I never dreamed of what was involved.

I see at least 2 others have the same surgery date as I do. I have only 1 day of Clear Liquids as I was on the 6 months supervised diet. My copay is reasonable but the hospital will not accept a personal check or credit card. I never heard of a hospital not accepting a credit card. I can only pay with a cashier's check. So now I have to take a cash advance (if I can't save the copay in 3 weeks) and get a cashier's check to give to them on Jan 19th when I have the 4 hour workshop. I was beginning to think I was never going to get my gallbladder out and get the sleeve. It will be 2 days late but a wonderful gift for my 60th year on this Earth.

I am the 26th too my sleeve sister! I start the pre-op diet on the 14th, have my pre-op testing on the 19th, and I'm ready to take that propofol nap for a couple hours on the 26th! LOL I am hoping the pain is not too bad afterward. My surgeon already said he removes most of the air put into the abdominal cavity, so I'm hoping not to have that gas shoulder pain I've heard many suffer from. I wish everyone on Bariatric Pal a very happy and healthy New Year!

Hi Everyone

I am back and I FINALLY have a surgery date of Jan 26th 2 days after my 60th birthday. I had to speak to the PCP Site manager and threatened that if the PCP didn't send out the medical clearance today I would be in his office tomorrow and would not leave until I got the medical clearance. Well I guess this threat worked. My 6 months was up on Nov 23rd and I have been waiting all this time for the PCP to give me the medical clearance. I can't believe all the hoops I have had to jump through and all the delays with referrals and appt being set. This is my first surgery and I never dreamed of what was involved.

I see at least 2 others have the same surgery date as I do. I have only 1 day of clear liquids as I was on the 6 months supervised diet. My copay is reasonable but the hospital will not accept a personal check or credit card. I never heard of a hospital not accepting a credit card. I can only pay with a cashier's check. So now I have to take a cash advance (if I can't save the copay in 3 weeks) and get a cashier's check to give to them on Jan 19th when I have the 4 hour workshop. I was beginning to think I was never going to get my gallbladder out and get the sleeve. It will be 2 days late but a wonderful gift for my 60th year on this Earth.

pre op testing tomorrow. Surgery on the 6th of January. so ready for my my new journey to start.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Update us when you can and tell us about your surgery experience! :)

pre op testing tomorrow. Surgery on the 6th of January. so ready for my my new journey to start.

My surgery is February 2nd, I'm getting kind of nervous now that I have nothing to do but wait.

Happy New Year everyone! May 2016 bring us all health, happiness, and smaller waist sizes! LOL

:)

Hi Everyone

I am back and I FINALLY have a surgery date of Jan 26th 2 days after my 60th birthday. I had to speak to the PCP Site manager and threatened that if the PCP didn't send out the medical clearance today I would be in his office tomorrow and would not leave until I got the medical clearance. Well I guess this threat worked. My 6 months was up on Nov 23rd and I have been waiting all this time for the PCP to give me the medical clearance. I can't believe all the hoops I have had to jump through and all the delays with referrals and appt being set. This is my first surgery and I never dreamed of what was involved. <SNIP>

Woohoo! That is great news and a fantastic birthday present! Amazing what a bit of the old-fashioned determination will do for you. I'm so happy you got this taken care of at last.

I wasn't prepared for the desire to have real food during this 2 week pre op liquid diet...every smell is magnified.. Ugh sipping on my shake while hubby is eating pizza..Lord give me strength

hi all! First time posting here! Found out a few days ago that insurance approved everything and I will be having surgery on 1-11. I am so excited and so nervous, can't believe it's actually happening. Good luck to everyone! :D

hi all! First time posting here! Found out a few days ago that insurance approved everything and I will be having surgery on 1-11. I am so excited and so nervous, can't believe it's actually happening. Good luck to everyone! :D

Congratulations and Welcome! Houston, let the final countdown begin to lift off, 10.......

My surgery date is Feb 17th! I'm not looking forward to the 2 weeks pre-op liquid diet while working! On 2 of those days I have to drink 6 oz of magnesium citrate too! I'm taking those 2 days off from work! Getting excited over here!

I'm done with everything I go see my surgeon nd the rest of the team Monday January 4th then I have my surgery on January 13th I've told my family but they don't believe me so I'm in it by myself bcuz it seems like my fiancee isn't backing me up on anything anymore so I'm in it to win it for myself by myself I just pray that I don't have no fall backs good luck everyone

Day 3 of the 2 PreOp Diet is no joke. I'm tired. I'm hungry. I'm realizing how much of the free and fun time I spend with my husband has something to do with food.

It is definitely shaking things up.

I'm hopeful that I will feel better by the time I go back to work on Monday. At least have gotten over the lethargy and can focus a little better.