Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January or February 2016 Sleevers?

I am scheduled for January 27th. Tomorrow I have my EGD, Friday is pre-op clearance with my PCP and Saturday is my mammogram and chest X-Ray. Then my final nutrition class and the bariatric coordinator can put in for the auth. Hard to believe I start the liquid diet in less than a month! Time seems to have sped up! Lol

The Dr office called today and set me a tentative surgery date for 1/26/16! FINALLY! It is tentative because my insurance still has to approve the date, but his office nor me think there should be a problem. There is a light at the end of the tunnel now! In the back of my head I keep hearing the Pointer Sister's singing "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it"! Please don't ask me who the Pointer Sister's are because I will feel really old! LMAO!

Very excited after2 yrs of appts and meetings I finally have my surgery date! January 11,2016!

OMGosh you have been waiting for 2 years? If I may ask what were the delays? Were you on a supervised diet all that time? I think I would have been so frustrated if I had to wait 2 years. So glad to hear you have a surgery date and I certainly hope and pray there are no more delays.

@@katladee

Congrats! I can imagine how thrilled you must be now. BTW, who are Pointer Sisters? ( JUST KIDDING!)

I haven't heard from my surgeon's office today :( boo-hoo-hooooooo

Waiting is the worst.

@@katladee, Happy Holidays to you, too! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I wish I hadn't let hubby sway me not to be on the pre-op diet over the Holidays. I'd be able to have the surgery and have two or three weeks post-op before he left the country. Oh, well! Maybe we'll be sleeve buddies! Dates sound about right.

@@Ali_, your surgery is the day before my endoscopy. So jealous! I think you need to decide who you think will be supportive. Later on, it might not seem so important to keep your surgery quiet. My husband and grown-up daughter know and, hmmm, I let it slip to my hairdresser. I told my older sister this weekend. I toyed with the idea of waiting until we see each other just to hear her say, "OMG! You've lost an entire you!" Then I decided she'd probably be afraid I was sick since I had a cancer scare last year. Now, if my mom was still alive, I would not have told her. She had a history of sabotaging me my entire life. She used to buy me 3X clothes when I was in high school and a size 12/14. I'm toying with starting a weight-loss blog, so clearly I'll be blabbing it to the world!

@@rgallardo, it's interesting to see how other doctors and insurance companies require. I have that last required class before mine will submit. Here's hoping your insurance company is on the ball and approves you right away. I'm actually excited about the timing of my surgery. I told a friend, this is the first time I will actually keep that New Year's resolution!

Hey, @@MRSJONES305! You're on the home stretch. Has your doctor given you a tentative schedule or do they wait until they hear back from your insurance?

@@katladee, I've talked about my upcoming surgery on Facebook and have told my immediate family (and my hairdresser!). I'm a very private person, but my husband wanted me to meet a co-worker (via Facebook) who had the surgery done just before I saw the doctor for the first time. I haven't bandied the fact around, but haven't gone out of my way to keep it quiet. I'm what they call a "displaced worker" (means I was laid off and have been off for more than a year). I'd feel differently about telling co-workers.

@@ssflbelle, sounds like we're on a similar schedule. You've come a huge way already! Would you mind sharing how you did it? I'll definitely check out your blog. My therapist (recommended by the Bariatric shrink) and I discussed my fears of regain and lack of follow-through and just a ton of stuff. Anyway, I told her I've always enjoyed writing (and still do). I want to start a blog about my journey partially to share and inform but also to keep me "honest" as time passes.

@@jenniferANTM, you lucky dog! Your surgery is the day after my endoscopy. I'll definitely be thinking about you! :)

@@Kathy Krebs Robertson, Hooray! I'm a little envious of you early to mid-January sleevers! Nah. Not really. (well maybe a little). I love living vicariously through everyone here who will be getting sleeved around the same time I am. Has your insurance approved you? Any final hoops your doctor wants you to leap before the 11th?

@@cindyw41, way to start the New Year off right! What did you discuss in your classes? Were they with other people? I had to visit the dietitian each month. Honestly, she didn't teach me much of anything (protein first, Water sips, etc.). She was no help when I wanted her advice on how I should be eating during the 6 month monitored diet. "Oh, by now you've dieted enough times you know what to do!" Argh. I wanted her to advise me so I could eat close to the way I'll be eating after my sleeve. This forum was a great help. I looked at my doctor's post-op nutritional guidelines and read a lot here and am happy with what I've done. I would have loved a more informative dietitian, though!

@@mistycal, wow! You're moving right along! I'm a little afraid of my endoscopy. I had my thyroid removed last year and had complications (I couldn't swallow for a week and had to remain in the hospital). Mind you, the ENT says it was probably because he couldn't avoid bruising my larynx a bit because of the size of the thyroid. But the whole experience makes me nervous about anything being stuck down my throat! It's a completely different procedure, but try telling my nerves that. I'm just glad I'll be out when they do it!

@@mya.mys, Dec. 28 definitely means you can hang out here. There is a December/January sleevers thread somewhere if you haven't found it. Tell me if you want me to hunt it down so you can maybe find some sleeve buddies there.

Thank you! I'm trying to figure out everything I'll need in the hospital now because I'm a terrible procrastinator. Hopefully there's a post here that can help

Edited by jenniferANTM

My insurance approved the Jan 26th date!!!! Woooohoooo! And Primha, I'm dancing right now with my walker, teeth out, and hearing aid on listening to music, watching my rolls sway side to side until they realize I stopped dancing 10 minutes ago! (JUST KIDDING) LOL!!!

@@katladee

Congrats! I can imagine how thrilled you must be now. BTW, who are Pointer Sisters? ( JUST KIDDING!)

@@Primha

You are right, the waiting does suck! And my Christmas wish for you is that you hear ring-a-ling-ling on your phone soon! Until then, try to concentrate on the holiday, and Celebrate the fact that this will be your last Christmas spent as an overweight person! Next year we will both be rockin' Christmas thongs (the butt floss kind, not thongs for the feet!) with bells on them! LOL

LOL @@katladee :D it's going to be a sight to behold, for sure!

And I'm wishing you a peaceful holiday season and happy countdown to the beginning of a whole new life!

Edited by Primha

I'm scheduled for surgery Jan. 4th! I start my two week liquid diet on monday. My surgeon said she would like to see me down to 155lbs (I'm 5'5), so i have about 130 lbs to lose. I'm not really nervous at all,I'm just excited to finally have a chance at being a normal, healthy weight. I'm feeling very optimistic.

@ Mine is jan 12th! what country do you live in?