Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A shocking confession... (Warning - That may be a slight overstatement).

I definitely understand the pull of the scale! I weighed myself several times a day for about two months after surgery. It actually gave me good information on how my weight fluctuates throughout each day so I can tell the difference between meaningless fluctuation and real loss/gain. Now I'm weighing about twice a week and watching the number go down. It's fantastic!

On a side note, the one scale I WILL be using every day now is my new food scale. Last night I weighed a portion of chicken that I was sure had to be 4 oz. It was only 2.5. :( I think this is going to help me set goals for myself to meet my Protein needs.

So I just tried to measure out 4 oz of turkey for dinner and was already in "no way in hell can I eat that much" zone at 3 oz. Deck of cards my a$$.

LOL! I am and have been a daily weigher ever since I had my surgery. It provides me with information needed to remain focused.

I think I will now forever be a daily weigher. Every once in a while I do weigher twice in one day just out of curiosity but that is not the norm.

The scale is one tool in my tool box for maintaining my health. I usually pay closer attention to my clothing.

@KindaFamiliar. Well I have two confessions. First one....I LOVE RANTS!!!! Second one.....I weigh myself AT LEAST twice a day......and don't plan on stopping. Sorry, there's a third. .I keep my own personal scale right next to my bed...yep. Thanks for my chuckle. Keep calm and weigh on!

Weighing daily is not a character flaw. ;)

Seriously -- I weigh every morning when I'm home and can weigh on our home scale. I just think of it as a good habit like brushing my teeth.

Hahahaha..

Thanx all...

You've made me feel so much better...

Or something..

Anyway, I'm sure I'll go back to normal once I've kicked this milestone's arse..

So...

Enough about me...

Tell me about you...

Hahahaha..

Thanx all...

You've made me feel so much better...

Or something..

Anyway, I'm sure I'll go back to normal once I've kicked this milestone's arse..

So...

Enough about me...

Tell me about you...

I'm hot. In a hot sort of way. Not temperature. That way I'm cold. Always cold.

Ok, Jason, since you are confident enough to put yourself out there...I will follow in your foot steps and admit, I too have an intimate relationship with my scale. I have come a far ways in that I do not weigh daily, but every other day or every few days I do check. Of course, I have two scales in my house. The one in the master bath is a pound off. Something about being on the second floor. LOL He is the one I am married to; he is most often used. But when I want the real weight or I will check with my side piece-I get nekky for him. LMBO.

Seriously, though, someone else already said it is all about what you do with the information and for me the answer is simply take note and move on.

Ya know, I made a decision to weight no more than once per week after WLS. Waited till my first follow up to weight at the doc's office and everything knowing I'd be all full of fluids and probably not lose that first week anyway. Stuck to the once per week schedule for the first year and 1/2, (way into maintenance). That worked well for me at a time when I needed to be focusing on my behaviors more than a number. I was way less obsessed. Then I got a wifi scale and now I weigh mostly every day. I'm not obsessed and if I forget its not a big deal. Head is in a different place about it now. I'm past that "I lost another pound" euphoria I had in the first 6 months, but I do still needs to stay "checked in" for monitoring my maintenance.

If you're weighing more than once per day, you should probably focus on something else. Give your scale to a friend for a month and work through it. Set OTHER achievable goals and make them happen.

I get on the scale second thing in the morning and write my weight down. Every so often I enter the data into a spreadsheet and plot the data. It's interesting (to me) to see how my loss progresses.

Isn't it such a crazy turn of events that now the scale is our friend? Makes me even laugh to think about it. I avoided scales like the plague for years and years and now I'm excited to get on it and see my progress. It has even made me cry... happy tears of course. Oh, how the times have changed!

Oh yeah, I do the Excel spreadsheet thing. For sure.

;)

So encouraging over time. And keeps me honest.

Mind you, I never stopped weighing even though the fluctuations drove me mad! I also do the measurements thing because that helps me a ton during stalls.

Like someone else said, I gained this weight partially because I refused to weigh myself. I think weighing ourselves is important, particularly once we hit our goal and want to maintain.

I have always weighed myself daily, even when I was fat and hated the numbers I was seeing. It is just a daily habit with me . I am a lot happier with the numbers now though.

I too am a daily weigher - second thing in the morning as @@wascott says.. My scale has 5 memory buttons supposed to be used for 5 different people; however, I am the only one that uses it, so the 5th setting shows 322.6 which was day of my seminar at the bariatric center. 4th setting shows 296 - day of surgery weight. No idea what 3 and 2 say (should have used another milestone) but I use the number 1 setting daily and the other day as I realized it said 222, I had to also click on the number 5 setting to make sure I wasn't imagining that I have in fact lost 100 pounds! I also track it with my food log (Livestrong/MyPlate) which shows a graph. Love looking at that one. I am very cautious not to get hung up when it goes up slightly or doesn't go down. It motivates me on the days it does though!

I admire you @@KindaFamiliar that you can focus on something other than the scale. Not sure I will ever get to that. We Americans need that instant gratification you know!