Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my pre-op date and my surgery date! Eeekkk!

Good luck Banded. Keep us posted on how it all goes tomorrow.

kiba78 & banded4change,

How exciting we will have ours on the same day! I do my pre op apt with the anesthesiologist on the 10th and will find out my surgery time then. I don't start my pre op diet til the 10th. I did buy everything I will need, so I don't have to worry about anything. I got Vitamins, Protein drinks and powder, etc. My preop consists of Protein Drinks, broth, unsweetened apple sauce, grits or oatmeal, milk, Decaf, no Creamer or sugar, greek yogurt, and vegetables. and goes down to Clear Liquids only 2 days before. I just hope I can make it on this diet for a week, I'm not worried about after surgery, cuz I won't be hungry like that, but before hand, will power and hunger scare me!

Banded, good luck on your surgery! It sounds like you're all ready! Yikes! I haven't told anyone but hubby either. I am hoping this works because I have never been able to really stick to a diet for more than a week, and not lost more than 10-15 pounds and that was only 2 times...years ago! So, I'm hoping this will be the miracle I need! I'm ok with losing -2 lbs. a week, shoot that's more than I can consistently EVER do on my own! I just really need this to work, and I want to still feel normal in my daily life. I don't want to be deprived.

Banded4change. Sending you well wishes on today as you go through your procedure.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and wishes. I am home and am in pretty good shape. I am a bit uncomfortable but not enough to make me want to take my pain medication. I have been sitting on my couch and have not "tackled" the bed yet. My bed is kinda high so I'm saving that fun for later tonight.

I don't think I'm hungry (sometimes it feels like I might be, but I think that is probably the gas pains). GasX Strips seem to work. I had several in recovery because of some discomfort and needed a little bit of pain meds there, but haven't needed anything since then (I got out of recovery and got home around 1:00-1:30 P.M. and I had an hour and a half drive home. I had to be there at 8:00 and am not really sure what time they took me to the operating room.

Good luck to everyone else!! It will be a "breeze" for everyone and well worth any discomfort for the positive changes to come.

Sounds good. I'm excited for you. My nurse told me to take the pain medicine as directed for the first 48 hours then take as needed. I went to the drug store and bought some Miralax and gas x strip. They were but on sale. I'm gonna get my post op goods either today or tomorrow.

I'm glad all went well for you. I decided I will most likely use my couch for the first few days.

Banded, glad to hear your surgery went well and you're not in a lot of discomfort ! Sounds like it wasn't too too bad. I picked up lots of the stuff I may need too.

How's everyone doing?

kiba78,

Things are improving here with the exception of a nasty cold I got from my 12 year old son. I'm moving easier (I actually worked all this past week) and other than being tired things are great. I'm still really not that hungry and can be pretty satisfied with liquids. I start soft foods Monday.

How are you doing?

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear everybody's surgery went well. I am doing pretty good. Feeling pretty good. I started full liquids today. So I can have creamed Soups, yogurt, Decaf coffee, thin grits or cream of wheat, thinned mashed potatoes, and Protein drinks and milk...

I'm doing pretty good at not being hungry, and the scale is moving down!

I have been able to sleep on my sides now. Last night I had about a 40 minute horrible experience with trapped gas that I needed to burp up, but it seemed like it was stuck like couldn't get past the band? Not sure, but it was like pressure and a bubble in the back of my throat! oh my, I didn't like that! I just kept walking and drank hot peppermint tea. Eventually I was able to burp several times and it relieved it.

Other than that, I have been out and feeling pretty good.

Gas pains are random now but a lot better. I'm really sore near my port area and it hurts for my clothes to touch the area (weird) I hadn't been able to sleep laying down yet. sleeping on my side hurts so I've been sleeping in an oversized living room chair. I had to work tomorrow and I'm hoping my hour commute doesn't give me any trouble.

I have been trying to stay sitting in my living room chair but my sleeping buddy....daughter wanted to get in the bed. I woke up this morning hurting. I have to stay upright.

I have actually been able to start sleeping on both sides as of this week. It was SO nice to be able to sleep that way instead of propped up on my back. I'm still fighting this cold but other than that, things seem to be going great. I am sore around the port area also. It just seems much more tender there than in the other places but that also seems to be improving. I worked this week too and am off the rest of the week. My boys and I are flying to Florida on Saturday morning (our flight leaves Atlanta at 7 A.M.) to go spend four days with my husband. We are currently living in different states (me in Georgia and him in the Florida Keys). The boys and I are planning on moving there this upcoming summer. We were "delayed" due to my ex-husband who is taking me to court to make me pay for all of his expenses relating to visitation with my 12 year old son. Right now I cannot move because of a standard court order for all types of domestic-related cases that says that the child cannot be moved out of state unless approved by a judge. My ex is not asking to prevent my move, only for me to pay all of the visitation expenses. He even stopped paying his child support in June (he was not given permission by either me or a judge to stop paying so he is in contempt of court right now). So, for now, the boys and I are Southwest Airlines best customers and our stress level is kinda high. It has made this whole experience with my lap band very interesting. My husband wants to be here to help and wanted to be there to help after my surgery but he couldn't. We have a family business in Marathon, Florida (a bait and tackle shop) and he had to be there to run the store. This will be the first time he will see me after the surgery. I have lost weight since the surgery so I'm eager to see what he thinks. I will be even more eager for the next time since I should have had my first fill when he sees me again. It will probably be a month or more after that fill (January 6) before he sees me. He loves me just the way I am so I know he will still love me when I have lost more weight. I am extremely lucky to have him and to have his full support, especially since I was a self-pay. He had no problem with me spending that money as long as it was what I wanted and it would make me feel better.

Okay, wow!! I got WAY off topic. Sorry. I hope everyone has a very blessed and Merry Christmas!! It is great to hear how everyone is doing on this journey!! Thanks for sharing.

Happy holidays @@banded4change! Safe travels and best wishes

Bel. It will be fine. I tried not to worry or stress about it until right before the surgery.