Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need food! 7 days post op

Get creative with some thick (chunk free) soops (sic). Squash, Tomato, black bean, seafood bisque, mushroom... Strain it and enjoy it. I loved this brand: http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/soups.aspx

Avocado pureed with sour cream.

Hummus.

Refried Beans with a bit of Water added to loosen them up.

Peanut Butter warmed in the microwave.

There are a lot of options and it's really only a few weeks out of your life. If you look at the big picture, you CAN do this. Reflect on why you had surgery and what your goals are. Let that goal be your inspiration to power through the tough times. You CAN do this, you just have to CHOOSE to do it.

thank you so much, you're right it's only a few weeks and I need to get those Soups omg they look so good !!

My Dr said I can have oatmeal & yogurt. I made oatmeal, almost soupy & I ate with a baby spoon. I was content for a good whole. Need a good Protein tho that won't leave a chalky taste...one that can go in Soup & shakes etc.

yummy I love oatmeal !!

Thank God it not just me! I'm now 10

Days postop & I really want to chew something... Preferable not sweet!

ughhh yes Jello, Popsicle , the only salty options it's broth but I'm tired of that

Im 5 days post op and i felt pretty accomplished that I was able to finish an entire Premier Protein and a bottle of Water yesterday! I had a hiatal hernia so getting things down has been difficult. Just wondering if I'm behind or right where I should be, given the circumstances?!

I can't finish all of my Protein and I'm having problems with it, it takes me so long to drink one bottle 14oz

I completely understand! The puree stage will come soon enough, and you might even get over your cravings.

All I was craving was mashed potatoes and pumpkin, and I haven't had either yet! My next craving is toast which I can have on my next stage. :)

I'm 5 days post-op and I could have SWORN that my doctor said that I could have Tomato Soup. My husband insists that they said Tomato juice. Bottom line . . .my hubby won't get the Soup and I'm too medicated to drive.

Jesus Christ . . .I'm so hungry. :(

scarlep,

Hang in there! When did your surgeon say you could start pureed foods? You’ve already gotten through a week of liquids – that’s awesome! Just hang in there, and you’ll get to start adding foods soon. It’s worth the wait – even though it feels super long! – to add foods back in because they can hurt your sleeve if you add them too soon.

In the meantime, I guess just focus on the other things, like getting in enough Protein from shakes and enough fluids from calorie-free and low-calorie drinks like Water and broth.

I'm so glad it's not just me! These post are great. I'm 5 days post op and tired of all liquids. Can I have Tomato Soup?

I'm pretty sure Tomato Soup is on full liquid diet, for clears nope.

I'm day 9 post op but was doing clears 2 days prior to surgery, let's just say I'm officially over all things liquids. Lol. Today was kind of rough for me though, I tried a new Protein shake (I've been having a hard time post op getting in shakes) and I threw up within an hour of drinking. Now I just feel off and have no desire to drink. It's been a set back but it's one day at a time.

Good luck!

@@LipstickLady - LOL! I can't bite the hand the feeds me.

He did allow me chew a pita chip and spit it out. It was the best cracker I ever had. Seriously. Oh, and found these incredible welch's grape posicle. ;-)

@@LipstickLady - LOL! I can't bite the hand the feeds me.

He did allow me chew a pita chip and spit it out. It was the best cracker I ever had. Seriously. Oh, and found these incredible welch's grape posicle. ;-)

Chewing and spitting is much more harmful to your health than Tomato soop. I'd bite that hand! :D

My Dr said I can have oatmeal & yogurt. I made oatmeal, almost soupy & I ate with a baby spoon. I was content for a good whole. Need a good Protein tho that won't leave a chalky taste...one that can go in Soup & shakes etc.

I use Isopure unflavored Protein powder.

Im 5 days post op and i felt pretty accomplished that I was able to finish an entire Premier Protein and a bottle of Water yesterday! I had a hiatal hernia so getting things down has been difficult. Just wondering if I'm behind or right where I should be, given the circumstances?!

You are fine for YOUR body. There is no race or need to compare.

Sooo, it's ok to blend up Soup in my ninja until it a broth or like gravy? I don't like my home soup that I made so I went to a quick check which is like a 7-eleven, and I put it in the ninja til it was broth or gravyish and enjoyed it. is that cool?

Sorry, I'm on day 9

Oh damn. Ok. So I won't use veggies then. Just broth. I thought it wd be ok if puree'd. I read someone say they puree their Beans and mk a soup...ok bk to straight broth...

It depends on whether you are on Clear liquids or All Liquids. I never had a clear liquid stage. During my All Liquids stage I was allowed to puree Beans and then it out with broth.

I don't get the chewing and spitting out. I understand the desire to chew, but his is just a temporary phase. Try to hang in there. If you are really desperate communicate with your medical team and see about advancing.

I'm no doctor but week two I had refried Beans and egg whites I was over the broth I'm 5weeks out now and doing great started eating more foods and feel great and 40lbs down since op day. Small amount of beans might do the trick

I completely understand! The puree stage will come soon enough, and you might even get over your cravings.

All I was craving was mashed potatoes and pumpkin, and I haven't had either yet! My next craving is toast which I can have on my next stage. :)

I've been craving rice :/ and bread of course

I'm no doctor but week two I had refried Beans and egg whites I was over the broth I'm 5weeks out now and doing great started eating more foods and feel great and 40lbs down since op day. Small amount of Beans might do the trick

I need to try some yumm, congratulations!