Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV goal for an article of clothing?

dlappjr

I'm now at the point where smalls fit me just fine. And it's weird to admit this, but now many 4s and the rare 2s fit, too. So buying too-small clothes is a bit hard to do now.

However, I will also say that 4s and 2s are a helluva lot bigger than they used to be! And certain manufacturers and brands (Talbots, Ann Taylor, etc.) have goofy vanity sizing.

But to those women who are successfully losing but worry they'll never get into an 8 -- yes, you will! And real size 8s -- not vanity size 8s. So don't spend a lot of money on sizes 10 and 12. It will be money wasted.

And here's the real news flash: If you're like me, even after you stop losing weight your size will keep shrinking. It's really quite strange. And it's not even about my waist and hip measurements. Stuff just keeps moving to the right places and leaving the wrong places.

FYI, I'm 15+ months post-op.

Oh yeah......buying clothes for future smaller sizes.

I've done a good bit of that recently.

It's in the 60's here this weekend, but will back to the 80's next week.

At some point it is going to get cold. I've got a 2XLT leather coat that I'm looking forward to wearing by February.......

Before I had surgery, I bought a rashguard and some bathing suit pieces in a smaller size from clearance. I misplaced them and just found them this week. They fit but just barely, they are all a bit too big on me now so I won't be wearing them very long!

Have you ever picked out a piece of clothing or whole outfit that was not your size, but you liked it so much you bought it for when you can finally wear it?

I found this ordinary shirt at Dicks Sporting Goods while shopping for a few things. I was going from a 5xl to a 4xl and looking for Under Armor stuff for working out. I ended up not finding anything online, but while in their store, I found a 2XL Reebok 2 snap henley that, for whatever reason, just struck me as a great looking shirt. So I did what anybody would do when they find a shirt they love but don't make in their size. I bought it. It's still folded with its tags on in my dresser, waiting for the day I fit it.

so, have you done something similar?

Yup. I've been shopping a lot in thrift stores, stuff is so cheap I don't bother trying anything on. I currently have 1 pair of jeans and three pairs of dress pants waiting to fit me. My prize 'waiting to fit me' possession at the moment is a dress I bought at Macy's for the spring, it's a size 14, and while I was able to fit it, it will look better by the time spring rolls around. It was $13, down from $89.

I write down the date I tried them on last with my weight for that day and tuck it in a pocket of the item, I like seeing how long it took to fit something.

I go by my aquafit swimsuits. When I had surgery my suit was a Plus size 30. I just bought a straight size 16. It's a little tight but another 5 lbs and it will fit perfectly. I cannot tell you how happy I get when my suit becomes too big.

Absolutely! A few months ago I bought this strapless, ruched black dress (the sides are flesh-toned with black lace over them)...i've NEVER worn a dress like that. I finally bought it and look forward to wearing it out when I hit that goal!

I also have a pair of size 10 skinny jeans from banana Republic that I fit into ONCE, the last time I had my lap band. I cant wait to get into those again! When I first saw them, i thought "no way in hell will i ever get into those", but when I actually did...i felt invincible lol

I have a pair of jeans that I bought ages ago and thought I'd never squeeze my fat arse into..

Now the only thing that stop me wearing them is the floppy muffin top thing that I have going on when I put the jeans on..

I've not worn jeans for 20 years and I'm letting THAT stop me??

Why oh why must I be so vain???

I've never bothered about how I look before...

Now that I look better (relatively at least), I get all bent outta shape about things..

I think that just means I'm in touch with my feminine side...

I bought a size 30 Miss Me jeans back when I was way too big for them and told myself one day I will fit into them. Well tried them on a few months ago and they were too big. Last week I went and tried on my first boutique pair of jeans and ended up fitting in a size 7! I almost cried. Sure is a big change from being in a size 24.

I am only a month out from surgery, but I have been having a blast "shopping in my closet!" I have bought things that "I will get into later" for years as well as saving my favorite things from a variety of smaller sizes. I wore my leather jacket for the first time today! It came up around my ears when I sat in my car seat this morning. It was pretty stiff from years of hanging in my closet. I also am wearing a pair of pants that I bought second hand last winter when I needed black pants. I hate trying clothes on so when they didn't fit, I just kept them "until I fit into them". I bought them before I even started thinking about surgery! NOw they fit and are going towards too big!

pam