Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12lbs in first 3 weeks?!? What am I doing wrong?!?

I have noticed that some people include weight lost prior to the surgery, which skews the results. So someone who lost say 20 pounds previous to the actual surgery & then loses 10 after the surgery, says they have lost 30 pounds but don't differentiate between the 2 losses. People at a heavier weight also lose more at the beginning. Too many variables. Just keep on with what you are doing & you will get there.

Okay, here's the deal. When you're stressed (such as the worrying you're doing now), your cortisol levels increase. High levels of cortisol cause weight retention and weight gain, particularly around the abdomen. You're self-sabotaging with stress. Put away the scale.

Cortisol is a steroid. Steroids cause weight gain.

12 lbs in 3 weeks sounds awesome! That's average of 4lbs a week. I'm 2 months post op and have consistently been losing 3lbs a week. I have yet to hit any type of stall (knock on wood). I just think everyone is different. Maybe some people loose fast but than stall and then maybe some loose slow, but are more steady.

Comparison is the thief of joy......

-Theodore Roosevelt

Stop comparing your journey to others, or you will go mad.

Celebrate those 12 pounds!! You lost weight super easy all those other times, but I'm guess you gained it all back, or you wouldn't have gotten sleeved. Think of it this way, you may have lost it easier or faster in the past, but this time you are losing it for good. Personally, I'd much rather lose weight permanently at a slower pace, than lose it quickly, just to gain it back.

If you are following your plan, then you aren't doing anything "wrong." Let the plan work, and the pace will be what it is.

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Omg this is exactly why I logged on today. I am 4 weeks post op today and I have lost 10 lbs in the first week, and nothing since! I am so frustrated and depressed. I measure and write down everything down to the last carb. Have you found any resolution? I think I may have a meltdown

Omg this is exactly why I logged on today. I am 4 weeks post op today and I have lost 10 lbs in the first week, and nothing since! I am so frustrated and depressed. I measure and write down everything down to the last carb. Have you found any resolution? I think I may have a meltdown

You are not doing anything wrong. None of us lose at a constant rate. All of us experience periodic stalls and the fist one usually occurs somewhere around three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program. Focus on getting in all your Protein, fluids, and Water. Take your Vitamins as directed. And, exercise.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall