Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleever's?

So, as the anesthesiologist was leaving and they were ready to take me to the OR, the surgeon came in and cancelled my surgery. He wasn't comfortable with my newly developed cough/cold. I know he felt badly about it (as tears rolled down my cheeks) and he promised he would get me back in by month's end. His PA just called to tell me he opened 12/28 to do my VSG. Thanksgiving AND Christmas on the liquid pre-op diet - ugh. But as he told me, I'll have many more Thanksgivings and Christmases to enjoy in good health. I know God is in control so I'm okay.

Mine is on the 28th too!! Sorry for your delay, feel better soon!
Mine is in the 28th too, if I got approved by Friday

I've been very overwhelmed and feeling panicky today (being sleeved Wed 12/2). I am literally terrified about the surgery. I just want to wake up and know I'm ok...I've been awake all night just worrying about it.

I can't picture being lucky enough to actually have my weight loss efforts pay off...for whatever reason I just keep thinking what if I am in the 1% of people who has serious complications or heaven forbid doesn't even pull through the actual surgery? What if my attempts at saving my life backfire? I'm feeling selfish for even doing this because I'm afraid of leaving my family.

I'm usually a very positive person but this has just got me all kinds of worked up! I'm an emotional wreck ????

My surgery is Tuesday, I'm feeling the exact same way. I've been having crazy panic attacks all weekend. I spent hours googling the risks of the surgery and anesthesia cause I'm terrified of not waking up. I'm only 28, I have no comorbidities, and I've gotten my BMI down to 40 throughout the process, but I'm still so scared something could go wrong.

I'm trying to be in good spirits for the sake of my family (who is panicking just as much!) but jeez it's hard. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for the next couple of days!

I didn't sleep at all last night either. Good luck on Tuesday. Let's reconnect later in the week so we can share our actual experiences!

Good luck today!

Everything went really well on my end and I felt so silly for driving myself crazy about it.

Let me know how yours goes!

tmcx28 I feel relieved to hear you telling all went well since I am terrified too! All I can think about is the surgery and can't concentrate on anything else! I'm having mine mid-Jan ( exact date not set yet). I'm wishing everyone a good luck for today's surgeries

tmcx28 I feel relieved to hear you telling all went well since I am terrified too! All I can think about is the surgery and can't concentrate on anything else! I'm having mine mid-Jan ( exact date not set yet). I'm wishing everyone a good luck for today's surgeries

That's what's great about having a site like this, we're all going through a similar process so there's so many people to talk to about it. I was absolutely terrified of going under anesthesia and was expecting the worst but it really couldn't have gone any better. I've barely even had any nausea or pain!

Good luck with your journey, your turn will be here before you know it!

I'm schedule for the 16th December...Started my Optifast today

@halfofbri I hope your surgery has gone well or does go well! I haven't had mine yet (scheduled at the end of the month!) but completely understand the worry and concerns you are facing today! Keep thinking positively! You are doing this for you, to be the best you that you can be!

Keep us posted! Good luck!

I'm scheduled 12/17. So ready for it! I only have to do 2 days of Clear Liquids before surgery.

My surgery went great! I feel much better than I thought I would. A little ab soreness when going to a sitting position but other than that, I feel good. I've been drinking with no nausea which I was really worried about too.

My surgeon said if I'm still doing well by 5pm he will discharge me then. ????

My surgery went great! I feel much better than I thought I would. A little ab soreness when going to a sitting position but other than that, I feel good. I've been drinking with no nausea which I was really worried about too.

Awesome news! I hope you continue to do spectacularly!

Edited by Robincantri

I've been very overwhelmed and feeling panicky today (being sleeved Wed 12/2). I am literally terrified about the surgery. I just want to wake up and know I'm ok...I've been awake all night just worrying about it.

I can't picture being lucky enough to actually have my weight loss efforts pay off...for whatever reason I just keep thinking what if I am in the 1% of people who has serious complications or heaven forbid doesn't even pull through the actual surgery? What if my attempts at saving my life backfire? I'm feeling selfish for even doing this because I'm afraid of leaving my family.

I'm usually a very positive person but this has just got me all kinds of worked up! I'm an emotional wreck ????

My surgery is Tuesday, I'm feeling the exact same way. I've been having crazy panic attacks all weekend. I spent hours googling the risks of the surgery and anesthesia cause I'm terrified of not waking up. I'm only 28, I have no comorbidities, and I've gotten my BMI down to 40 throughout the process, but I'm still so scared something could go wrong.

I'm trying to be in good spirits for the sake of my family (who is panicking just as much!) but jeez it's hard. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for the next couple of days!

I didn't sleep at all last night either. Good luck on Tuesday. Let's reconnect later in the week so we can share our actual experiences!
Good luck today!

Everything went really well on my end and I felt so silly for driving myself crazy about it.

Let me know how yours goes!

Same here! The waiting and worrying was by far the worst part of the whole thing for me!

My surgery was yesterday and I'm doing great! No nausea, and been able to sip my Water and Protein Shake with no problems. My surgeon said if I feel well enough to leave, I'll be discharged at around 5pm (EST). I'm doing really well and only in minimal pain, so I'm ready to go! ????

Glad things are going well! Hope your recovery is speedy and you get to leave soon!

Surgery date set for me is December 10th. Still waiting to get approval from insurance. It's been a long 6 month journey.

I'm December 18 in TJ ???????????????????????? nervous but just trying to stay positive and only think of the benefits. I was "in turmoil" as when I told a great friend (same size as me) was promptly told I'm taking the easy road and cowards way out etc. Anyhow staying positive.