Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full liquid for me for 2 weeks too. My surgery is December 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 11/16/15... I'm still in awe that it's this close!!! I go for all my pre-op blood work in the AM, had my EKG today!! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time!! I just hope my stupid "cheating" won't postpone anything! I'm just extra paranoid I'm sure!! Lol it's awesome that I no longer am doing this alone!! For 5mos I was in such a dark place until I found this app! since all our surgeries are so close... I would love to stay in touch. I'm still very new to this app so I'm learning how to use it! I'll keep all of you in my prayers! Again.. God bless each of you on your journey!!!

The first 3 days were absolutely the hardest. I had a constant headache and very low energy. I am on Day 5 now and I can say that it does get easier...at least it has for me.

The first few days I kind of cheated by eating 1 salad with lean chicken or turkey in it. But with that said, many doctors allow that as part of their particular version of the pre-op diet so I don't consider it a complete fail...just an ad lib to my doctors recommendations.

The Post-Op diet is quite consistent across the board for sleevers. However, the Pre-Op diet ranges from pure liquids for some to liquids plus a salad/lean meat for others to being able to eat whatever you want up until surgery. It is quite bewildering all of the differences among Pre-Op diets.

well I'm able to have dinner on my diet since it's a high Protein diet I can have lean meat and veggies I did fine today and didn't get hungry but I was craving things like chocolate, cupcake things like that ugh but I didn't cheat today!!!

I agree!! I've done AWESOME today!! Lots of Water, just had my 3rd shake! So coming here really helps! Thank you for all the encouragement! We got this!! We are SO close!! If Ican quit smoking, I darn sure can handle the remaining part of this pre-op diet!! So excited, I'm 5 days away!!

omg I did great too thankfully I'm so happy I was craving a few things but I didn't have it only one week away from changing my life forever I can't risk making it possible we have to be strong it'll get better

It sucks. And glad to know that others are struggling as well. Like all of you I worry the pre op liquid diet isn't going as it should and glad to know I'm not alone with this struggle. My appointment is on the 17th.

oh yes we are I'm happy that at least we have support from each other and we are not going through this alone , my surgery it's the 19th I honestly can't wait hahah good luck !!

Full liquid for me for 2 weeks too. My surgery is December 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make sure your last meal it's a good one before starting

I'm 11/16/15... I'm still in awe that it's this close!!! I go for all my pre-op blood work in the AM, had my EKG today!! I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time!! I just hope my stupid "cheating" won't postpone anything! I'm just extra paranoid I'm sure!! Lol it's awesome that I no longer am doing this alone!! For 5mos I was in such a dark place until I found this app! since all our surgeries are so close... I would love to stay in touch. I'm still very new to this app so I'm learning how to use it! I'll keep all of you in my prayers! Again.. God bless each of you on your journey!!!

thank you so much I think I saw your post on the fb group for gastric sleeve I forgot the name but anyways good luck and keep us updated!!!

It's Wanda. ???? wow I guess it's a small WLS world lol! I'm not on there too often. I really prefer here. I've kinda been MIA on FB since my journey started.

And thank you as well!! Keep us updated too!.. Good luck!!

Edited by Segulah613

I'm sort of struggling with this pre-op diet also. What's even worse for me is that I'll most likely have to do it twice because we are expecting my insurance company to deny me. They have filed bankruptcy.

I have another insurance carrier lined up for 12/1 and a back up surgery date for December.

The only thing saving me with this diet is that I'm allowed plain Greek low carb yogurt & cheese sticks for Snacks.

Ohhh no!! I pray all works in your favor!! I know this pre-op is difficult but hey.... You'll get twice the experience!! I'm kidding, I'm miserable, watching my kids eat real food is torture... But I know it's all gonna be worth it in the end!!! I've been trying to go for walks and get out of the house when they cook so it's not too bad! I'm actually feeling better just due to the fact I'm accomplishing something to better my health, like when I quit smoking! And I thought that was hard lol

Edited by Segulah613

I begin in 2 days. Not looking forward to 6-8 weeks without real food. But I believe it'll be worth it in the end.

I met with the dietician and went over all his required steps. It looks hard :/ but certainly doable.

2 weeks of liquid is what I have to focus on right now.

It's Wanda. ???? wow I guess it's a small WLS world lol! I'm not on there too often. I really prefer here. I've kinda been MIA on FB since my journey started.

And thank you as well!! Keep us updated too!.. Good luck!!

hahaha it is and we have to stick together and support each other cause the people that aren't in the same situation don't understand how we feel

I'm sort of struggling with this pre-op diet also. What's even worse for me is that I'll most likely have to do it twice because we are expecting my insurance company to deny me. They have filed bankruptcy.

I have another insurance carrier lined up for 12/1 and a back up surgery date for December.

The only thing saving me with this diet is that I'm allowed plain Greek low carb yogurt & cheese sticks for Snacks.< /p>

when is your surgery? Don't say that you'll have your surgery you'll see and I only have tomorrow to eat on Tuesday I start the liquid diet but I've been good I don't want to drink any more shakes anymore but I know I have to at least it keeps me full

@scarlep. So yours coming quick as well good luck to you!!

yes three more days I can't wait !!!