Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any of you messed up on your pre op diet? My surgery it's the 19th I feel like I'm not doing it right because I don't drink the three Protein Shakes a day I just drink one, and have a meal at night , also during the weekend I didn't do the diet but I barely ate , anyways if you messed up what happens? I'm in a high Protein diet

I have messed up... Maybe 4 out of the 9 days, (one meal) I'm praying that it doesn't effect my surgery. I'm good all day until around 4-5pm then I'm starving! I start just Clear Liquids tomorrow then surgery on Monday. Im determined to follow through! I'm sorry I have no advice because I'm going through it myself! Good luck to you!

I have surgery the 19th and haven't been able to get all the shakes in. I ate more than what is said but not too much. I am hoping this isn't an issue. I know we are just doing this to shrink the liver. I'm praying I can work it out as well.

My surgery is on the 18th and I am really struggling with the pre-op diet. So far I haven't knowingly cheated, but I am having a very hard time adjusting. I am normally easy going but I find myself being "testy" and unusually short in temperament. I am hoping my body accepts this new me sooner rather than later.

Congrats to you!!! I think I'd rather be "testy" lol than a "cheater"!! However my "cheating" has been healthy not bad choices, so hopefully all will be well! Good luck and God bless you all through your surgery coming up!!

Days 2-4 were the worst for me, after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Have any of you messed up on your pre op diet? My surgery it's the 19th I feel like I'm not doing it right because I don't drink the three Protein shakes a day I just drink one, and have a meal at night , also during the weekend I didn't do the diet but I barely ate , anyways if you messed up what happens? I'm in a high Protein diet

I think the issue is you are not getting good nutrition. What does your evening meal consist of? Are you drinking Water? How much? Barely eating is not a good thing.

I have messed up... Maybe 4 out of the 9 days, (one meal) I'm praying that it doesn't effect my surgery. I'm good all day until around 4-5pm then I'm starving! I start just clear liquids tomorrow then surgery on Monday. Im determined to follow through! I'm sorry I have no advice because I'm going through it myself! Good luck to you!

Ugh from today on lets just go by the book and drink plenty of Water because it helps get rid of toxins and let's think positive everything will be ok I weighted myself yesterday but i didn't today because it's that time of the month and I know I gain usually around this time

I have surgery the 19th and haven't been able to get all the shakes in. I ate more than what is said but not too much. I am hoping this isn't an issue. I know we are just doing this to shrink the liver. I'm praying I can work it out as well.

Me too surgery buddies yaii and lets motivate each other we can do this lets picture ourself in a cute outfit we want to wear after we lose weight

My surgery is on the 18th and I am really struggling with the pre-op diet. So far I haven't knowingly cheated, but I am having a very hard time adjusting. I am normally easy going but I find myself being "testy" and unusually short in temperament. I am hoping my body accepts this new me sooner rather than later.

I'm in the same boat I mean I haven't completely cheated but I just haven't been doing it by the book ,hopefully we can make this work

Days 2-4 were the worst for me, after that it was pretty smooth sailing.

ugh I'm hoping it gets better

The first 3 days were absolutely the hardest. I had a constant headache and very low energy. I am on Day 5 now and I can say that it does get easier...at least it has for me.

The first few days I kind of cheated by eating 1 salad with lean chicken or turkey in it. But with that said, many doctors allow that as part of their particular version of the pre-op diet so I don't consider it a complete fail...just an ad lib to my doctors recommendations.

The Post-Op diet is quite consistent across the board for sleevers. However, the Pre-Op diet ranges from pure liquids for some to liquids plus a salad/lean meat for others to being able to eat whatever you want up until surgery. It is quite bewildering all of the differences among Pre-Op diets.

I agree!! I've done AWESOME today!! Lots of Water, just had my 3rd shake! So coming here really helps! Thank you for all the encouragement! We got this!! We are SO close!! If Ican quit smoking, I darn sure can handle the remaining part of this pre-op diet!! So excited, I'm 5 days away!!

It sucks. And glad to know that others are struggling as well. Like all of you I worry the pre op liquid diet isn't going as it should and glad to know I'm not alone with this struggle. My appointment is on the 17th.