Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junies in Vegas 2008

Yeah, I also stick mainly to the June threads. Such snobs we are! Haha.

OK, I (financially) will not be able to go until at least April/May/June of next year. I have gone there 2 years in a rown now, both times in May. Its hot, but its a dry heat - which means in the shade its not bad... unlike the mid-west where its about as hot in the shade as it is in the sun. Dang humidity gets me.

Anyway. So I've stayed at the Riviera and Sahara. I like both pretty weel. THey are very reasonably priced, but at the far end of the strip. I think mid-strip would be better, but I don't care as long as its not too awfully expensive. ANd if anyone out there doesn't have a significant other to stay with, I could room with someone. I'n fairly neat and tidy when I travel and I don't snore. Haha

I'm in for whenever and wherever with y'all. Just give me enough time to fit into some smoking going out clothes...

By the way...anyone going that's not married, partnered, etc? I don't want to be the sad lonely single chick there. :)

Farmer - I just saw your post. Maybe if we're both still pathetically single we could room together,. Haha!

Well majority of the people have said spring so I am thinking April. That way some of us will get money back from taxes and be able to use that. Does every one want a weekend or during the week. From there I will be able to narrow it down further. Thanks to everyone for their info.

during the week is cheaper - but it doesn't matter to me either way. My work schedule is pretty flexible.

I can do either. Hey, how about like a Sunday-Tuesday type thing. That way people who work during the week don't have to take as much time off.

Count me in for Vegas 2008 I dont care when although I prefer later in the year. I would also like to stay on the strip and towards the middle like ceasars palace, mirage, paris ect. If i travel I dont like to be cheap! :D Whatever works though!

April sounds great to me too! Like I said before my hubby and I have a time share there so we will be using that instead of a hotel. As far as time of the week I prefer to fly during the week because it's cheaper then. If I'm not mistaken though we can only check in our time share Fri-Sun and have it for a whole week sooo there you have it!! When we go we go for a full week to get our money's worth out of the room!! haha So basically you tell me when you all want to meet there and and we will do our darndest to be there! :-) looking forward to it already!

We used to go to Vegas every year. The last 6 or 7 times we went there we stayed at Treasure Island. It is a great hotel. Plus it is in the

middle of everything. If you check there rates calender, you can find

some pretty reasonable rates there. I have been down to the Sahara and Circus Circus. They both are getting pretty run down. The Riviera isn't even there anymore. I would suggest mid strip or closer to the other direction. That seems to be getting to where the more nicer places are now. I have never stayed at Alladin, but always thought it would be nice. Another place on that end that isn't to high would be

Excalibar. We have stayed there many years ago. Nothing fantasitic, but nothing bad either.

I might be willing to go. I would probably come without my Dh. We are taking a long vacation in January. Not sure if he will be able to get off for another vacation so soon. Maybe I will find a friend to come along.

Please keep me informed. LIke someone else said, during the week would cut the price of the rooms a lot. Weekend rooms are getting ridiculous there. That is why we haven't gone in a couple years. It used to be a pretty resonable vacation. But all the prices of buffets, shows and rooms have doubled in the last 10 years.

The cheapest time to go is during the month of December. But, that wouldn't work out for me. Also, I have been there in summer, and am definatly against that. Even if it is a dry heat, it is hot.....

Oct is a nice time for weather, also March.

Just some ideas. I am open to most things.

We used to go to Vegas every year. The last 6 or 7 times we went there we stayed at Treasure Island. It is a great hotel. Plus it is in the

middle of everything. If you check there rates calender, you can find

some pretty reasonable rates there. I have been down to the Sahara and Circus Circus. They both are getting pretty run down. The Riviera isn't even there anymore. I would suggest mid strip or closer to the other direction. That seems to be getting to where the more nicer places are now. I have never stayed at Alladin, but always thought it would be nice. Another place on that end that isn't to high would be

Excalibar. We have stayed there many years ago. Nothing fantasitic, but nothing bad either.

I might be willing to go. I would probably come without my Dh. We are taking a long vacation in January. Not sure if he will be able to get off for another vacation so soon. Maybe I will find a friend to come along.

Please keep me informed. LIke someone else said, during the week would cut the price of the rooms a lot. Weekend rooms are getting ridiculous there. That is why we haven't gone in a couple years. It used to be a pretty resonable vacation. But all the prices of buffets, shows and rooms have doubled in the last 10 years.

The cheapest time to go is during the month of December. But, that wouldn't work out for me. Also, I have been there in summer, and am definatly against that. Even if it is a dry heat, it is hot.....

Oct is a nice time for weather, also March.

Just some ideas. I am open to most things.

The Riviera is still standing. Its been sold, but not tore down. Same with Sahara. Alladin is not there anymore - its now Planet Hollywood.

I think the Excalliber or Treasure Island would be OK, they are both mid-strip and shouldn't be too expensive for those of us on tight budgets!!

I would be up for a trip to Vegas. Never been, sounds like fun! Would be great to meet all you guys:)

That is as long as I can get it worked out with work and childcare. I've never been we've always wanted to go! Has anyone checked into dates and pricing yet?

Love the sounds of this, either April-May or later Sept-Oct would be great for me. Later in the year would give me a chance to save more money to go on but that would be a minor thing. I would be going alone because my hubby hates crowds with a passion. So if anyone else wants to bunk together let me know.

i have looked into a couple hotels and it much cheaper if we go on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. The prices almost double on weekends. So any thoughts of going those days of the week. I know most of us work and have kids to deal with for school and child care. I think my DH is going to stay home to take care of them. So I am willing to bunk in with some one else. Also there maybe a discount the more rooms we rent. Most people wanted to go in the spring so I checked out rates in April.