Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junies in Vegas 2008

Thanks for piping in Ghost! Unfortunately that is a bit too soon for me to pull money together. (boo!) Especially with it being RIGHT after Christmas and all.

I think thats why I like the whole March/April idea - I'll have my income tax $$$ back by then and won't have had a chance to have spent it all. Lol.

to be honest I prefer the March/April time as well but the other date was set before I had a say so I'm trying to work with it. Still not sure I'll be able to go but trying my hardest. Good luck to you all. If I can't make it in Jan, who knows I might just see if you'll let a September gal tag along on your fun!

Hey Ghosty! I see you're from KC! Where abouts? I'm in Liberty. Where'd you get your surgery done at?

Its always good to meet another Greater KC bandmate. I had Dr Hoehn at SMMC in Shawnee Mission, but recently started seeing Dr. Malley in Mission for my fills. Long story, I like both docs but had some issues with the staff at Hoehn's office. I've also been attending Malley's support groups ever since Jen & her KC Bandsters non-surgeon specific group stopped having its monthly meetings so it was an easy transition. Who were you banded by?

Okee dokee guys and gals I REALLY need for us to nail down a deffinate date! I'm needing to reserve the time share and need to do it soon! Basically I need to know if you are gonna go during the week or wk end? I think we have all pretty much agreed on the first wk of April and we get the time share for a whole wk but I just wanna be sure we're all on the same page! :-) Thanks

Ok, Guys and gals, I have some bad news. I will not be able to join you in Vegas. We are having alot of money trouble and are probably going to file for bankruptcy. I thought I would be able to do this with my tax return but I think my tax return is going to be paying alot of bills that we owe. The most that I have found out for you guys are that staying at the Harrah is the cheapest hotel. The dates I checked was April 7,8,9. I know Danbo needs to be back on the 9th. Good luck everyone.

Rhonda, Sorry to hear about that! Today's economy is tough on all of us. Unfortunately, I'm carrying two households right now...just bought a house, but ours didn't sell, step-sons are "renting" it from us right now but it's not covering all of its bills.

Does anyone have a count of who/how many people are wanting to go? I just looked at lasvegas.com and:

Circus Circus Standard Tower Rooms $64.94/night/room

Travelodge (S. Strip) Standard Double Double $79.00/night/room

Imperial Palace Deluxe $69.87/night/room

Riviera Standard $91.76/night/room

Harrah's Standard $118.07/night/room

Luxor Pyramid $150.00/night/room

Luxor Tower $170.00/night/room

Flamingo Standard $150.00/night/room

Prices pretty much go up from there...

How many are able to go April 7-9th?

I'd be happy to help coordinate...but I know I can't do it all...I'm too scatterbrained lately. :)

Shows:

Wayne Brady April 7 @ Venetian $83.00

Penn & Teller April 7-9 @ Rio $85.80

Legends April 7-9 @ Imperial Palace $49.95

Plus more...these are just some that I saw....

WAYNE BRADY!! Lol. I love him.

OK BeckieT! I can't believe the Riviera is that expensive. I think when I stayed there 2 years ago it was only lik $60-something per night... Wow... Maybe its just that time of year it costs more. I'll check around too and see what I can find.

If more people don't become ACTIVE about this Vegas thing then I;m not sure what'll happen. I'm DEFINITLY interested... APRIL 7,8, and 9 work GREAT for me... Or well, really anytime works, Lol.

I say that unless someone that wants to go just ABSOLUTELY cannot make it those days that we set that right now. Once we get the date nailed down we'll be great and things will start rolling.

And, hey... I know that April seems far away right now, but with the HOlidays and everything it will be here BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!

So come on, pen in that date, and we'll work on a location and (hopefully!) a show or a grand canyon tour we can all participate in together!! I say we make the MOST of our new bodies and PARTY!

(Trying to motivate ya'll... is it working, is it just annoying? Lol!!)

Hey all, I know I've been in hiding for a while but now I'm back. ;) I'm still in for a trip...don't care when....what you guys have so far sounds great to me. I'm also willing to room with someone if anyone needs it. I'm clean, nice, etc, in otherwords, I don't bite.

sorry it took so long for me to get reply it's just work is really kicking my butt. anyway I think the above date are fine the only thing is I might have to go back to fly back to work that monday night. But if I know that forsure dates soon I more than likely put it off for one more day. Any where sounds good to me. If no one mind rooming with a dude I would like to split the cost of the room with someone. Anyhow lets do this.