Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This diet seems like BS and I am pouting

Annnnd Dub is winning the internet again today. Whatever shall we do when he goes back to work?

Annnnd Dub is winning the internet again today. Whatever shall we do when he goes back to work?

Work....smerk......you guys are my peeps.

Good, bad or ugly.....I'm here to stay.

Cool thing for me is I work a goofball rotating shift schedule that is impossible to follow. I'll be able to pop in and pester you at hours of the day and night............................like a ninja.............................just bigger, fatter and less stealthy...........okay, more like a big dude in dark pajamas that he thinks are slenderizing. :D

Ninja......or fat house ninja.....see, I'm already thinking about my costume for Halloween next year. I guess it'll depend on how busy I get in the gym.

I don't always make great choices with such things, though. There was that time in my mid-30's when I went to a Halloween party with a fur loincloth and sword. I thought I made a badass Conan the Barbarian. Even had sexy wench at my side......

Yeah...made it to the party and didn't even make it to the freakin bar and was faced with, "Hey.....dude? WTF is a Sumo wrestler toting a sword ????? Dude???????" FUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah....I'll be getting some professional guidance prior to next Halloween's parties.

I am so glad I have no hunger at all! It makes the diet restrictions easier!

I hope you can advance soon with no issues! ????

Also this whole thread has made my day.

I am sitting at home in my recliner sipping propel zero while attending live education meetings before I go back to work next week....

This thread is my only form of entertainment!

Thanks!

I dropped out of here days ago and look how far it's come. Halloween costumes? Has the initial issue been resolved in some way?

@@Dub -- You said something about good, bad or ugly. Having given one-third second's thought, I can say, nay, hope, that you are good, bad and ugly. That is, a man for all seasons, a man for all time.

Nothing about this process is particularly fun or fair if life were fair we could all eat what we like with no consequences well then if that were the case this site would not have to exist this process takes time to get used to and become your new normal we have all been there sometimes you will get angry or frustrated with it the thing is it will get u no where if you wanted this bad enough to go through with the surgery then slow down calm down and follow your instructions yes things will return to a more normal state in time it feels like it won't I'm here to say it will I'm 8 months post op sleeve I can eat a little of most things you will need to decide when you get there if being able to eat Pasta potatoes bread etc fill in your food of choice if it's worth it to you and your progress or excercise plan to eat it or not and how hard you want to work to keep losing or maintaining at goal it's up to you it's a tool to help you it's not a magic wand that waves away poor choices that is not to say you are expected to be perfect everyday forever and you won't have something once in a while but keep in mind the decision will be yours always will it be " fair"? Maybe not but those of us who got to this point to do this surgery had to stop worrying about what was fair and do what's nessecary to try and take some control back emotions can go haywire during this process and can feel overwhelming a times it will get better in time best of luck to you

i had Pasta and bread and potatoes at like three weeks and you know what? i don't even really want it anymore. you can't get enough Protein if you fill up on pasta and bread and the like! the only thing i do miss and sometimes try to eat is rice. i'm puerto rican so that's kinda a given but i don't eat it very much at all. follow the instructions no matter how annoying.

for now just worry about your next few weeks! not 6 months from now. :) good luck

Omg your not lying I'm Jamaican and Puerto Rican my family had arroz con pollo last night I was mad as hell since I'm only hitting 4 weeks out today.

Middle Eastern person here. Almost all our food has some sort of rice with it. You know how in thanksgiving, people stuff the turkey with well, stuffing? We have a similar dish that is a chicken literally stuffed with rice and minced lamb. Even roasted chicken has rice with it. The most famous food of my home country? Big a** rice dish with lamb and laban. Want to eat a squash? It's stuffed with rice.

The struggle is real

EDIT: OH also we have these Tomato sauce stews with some sort of vegetable that we eat with rice. People pile the rice, sauce and veg onto a piece of pita like they are going to town on some hummus!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Omg I know all about it my husband is Palestinian and Egyptian I haven't even gone over my in laws house since surgery cause I already know the temptation is to real lol

i had Pasta and bread and potatoes at like three weeks and you know what? i don't even really want it anymore. you can't get enough Protein if you fill up on pasta and bread and the like! the only thing i do miss and sometimes try to eat is rice. i'm puerto rican so that's kinda a given but i don't eat it very much at all. follow the instructions no matter how annoying.

for now just worry about your next few weeks! not 6 months from now. :) good luck

Omg your not lying I'm Jamaican and Puerto Rican my family had arroz con pollo last night I was mad as hell since I'm only hitting 4 weeks out today.

Middle Eastern person here. Almost all our food has some sort of rice with it. You know how in thanksgiving, people stuff the turkey with well, stuffing? We have a similar dish that is a chicken literally stuffed with rice and minced lamb. Even roasted chicken has rice with it. The most famous food of my home country? Big a** rice dish with lamb and laban. Want to eat a squash? It's stuffed with rice.

The struggle is real

EDIT: OH also we have these Tomato sauce stews with some sort of vegetable that we eat with rice. People pile the rice, sauce and veg onto a piece of pita like they are going to town on some hummus!!!!

Omg I know all about it my husband is Palestinian and Egyptian I haven't even gone over my in laws house since surgery cause I already know the temptation is to real lol

Gotta stay strong!! I went out to dinner with my parents to a very nice place with delicious temptations, deIicious salad and fish Entrees and i just had my sad sad Soup. But this is just temporary!!

So the OP appears to be MIA....

either the surgeon told her to take a hike or she told him to!

She hasn't been back to let us know what the surgeon said so I wonder if it was the surgeon who told her off!

Edited by heather5565

So the OP forgetit is MIA....

either the surgeon told her to take a hike or she told him to!

She hasn't been back to let us know what the surgeon said so I wonder if it was the surgeon who told her off!

The OP flounced off in a snit back on page 1 or 2. A shame, she could have learnt a lot here!

The OP flounced off in a snit back on page 1 or 2. A shame, she could have learnt a lot here!

Is a snit related to the famed hissy-fit? Less hissy? Hissier? The same?

There's a lot of that flouncing off going on today.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I dropped out of here days ago and look how far it's come. Halloween costumes? Has the initial issue been resolved in some way?

See what happens when you don't keep up???

I know how you feel! My sister-in-law had bypass, and she was on mushy food a lot sooner than I was, and she's also not continuing with shakes like I am (I had the sleeve). But you need to follow the diet that was given to you for your surgery. It sucks. It's hard. And yes, for a few days after my surgery (October 14), I was pissed I couldn't eat more than I was allowed to.

But you know what? I feel great!! I've lost 32 pounds in three weeks. I don't have the gas pains any more.

Trust that your doctor knows what's right for you. It's hard not to compare yourself to other people who have had similar surgeries, but you and your surgery are unique.

And keep coming here to complain and get help and support. We ALL need that!! :)

I feel my post op diet is a bit much sometimes. 2 week liquid pre op then 4 weeks liquid post op then 4 weeks pureed and 4 weeks soft food.

But I'm going to do it.

No one asked me what I thought lol.

The reason you're on the same diet as the bypass patients is because we are all healing! Our stomaches were cut wide open and the limited diet is for the healing process, as much--or even more-- than weight loss. I'm five months out and can just start to feel safe in consuming many foods. Hang in there, you will find your happy place with good choices and weight loss. Unfortunately, many of us have learned that bad foods are easier to eat than good Protein. I have to avoid them in order to continue to lose. Good luck!