Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just curious on what has changed for everyone food wise after surgery.

For example, before surgery I LOVED chicken and scrambled eggs. Now my pouch hates them. I don't get sick but it's extremely uncomfortable and I've tried a lot of ways to get it to go down but have had no luck.

So what did you like before surgery that you don't like after? Just curious to see other peoples responses. :)

Which surgery did you have? I am a sleever, so we don't have a pouch, but my tastes changed ALOT post op. In general, food became kinda blech and uninteresting for quite awhile. IT was an amazing opportunity to start thinking of food a different way - I am so glad that happened!

I am 4 years post op and the only thing that never really went back to normal are: #1 plain Water just tastes a ;little metalic to me whereas i used to love it and #2 I can't handle quite as spicey of food. I am unsure how much of that is a change in taste buds vs my own internal concept of protecting my sleeve? (If that were the case you would think I hate coffee - I don't I loves it!)

I had gastric bypass. My taste buds are extremely sensitive. I had lemon Greek yogurt once and I couldn't even get one bite in it was so sour! I spit it out in seconds.

food for the most part is extremely bland. I love Water. Certain shakes taste gritty to me so I mostly have to do Protein powder in crystal light.

It's just crazy to me how much things have changed.

I am two years post-op and in a sense my relationship with food changed. I don't really see it as a fun time anymore or something to make me feel better after a bad day. Now it is just something I eat to stay alive, which to be fair can be kind of depressing if you think about it too much or in the wrong way. I don't really enjoy going out to dinner because for the most part food that has any oil, grease, or butter makes me sick and that seems to be what most places cook with. Most of my friends know I pick at my food when I am out to dinner, although only three of them know why. It has really just gotten to be a matter of habit. I used to like eggs, now they make me barf. I used to love sweets, and now I still like them but they tend to make me really hot, sweaty, and sick feeling. I think now I tend to like meat more than I used to which is probably compensating for a bit of anemia since I apparently cannot remember to take my B12 until I start feeling crummy and think...oh, whoops, forgot about that.

Overall, I really work very hard to see food as fuel as opposed to any form of comfort. I am not always successful, but I feel like this has become easier as a result of surgery.

I'm 14 months out, and I'm sad to report the craft beer I loved so much can be no more :( Although I can have carbonation once in a while with no problems, beer just doesn't sit well in the sleeve. I can only drink 2 sips before I feel like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka when she turned into a blueberry.

Too early to tell, here.

I can say that the same Protein powders & shakes that I liked prior.....are the same ones I like the exact same now.

Same one's I don't care for are the ones I still don't care for. strawberry unjury is something I'll never grow to like.

I used to HATE milk and Greek Yogurt. Loathe. Gag on the idea of having either.

Now I drink Fairlife Milk twice (sometimes 3) times a day. I get a little panicked if it is late in the evening and I pour my four ounces in a frosty mug only to realize I don't have enough for my morning cup. I have one time at around 9 p.m. in my p.j.'s, house shoes and hair a fuss, rushed to the nearest convenience store to buy three of the little 11.5 ounce bottles.

Not all Greek Yogurt I enjoy. I don't really like the Dannon Light and Fit Greek (or regular) it is too chemical tasting. It leaves a weird taste in my mouth. I do LOVE the Triple Zero Oikos, Chobani Simply 100 and the Yoplait Greek 100. Yum!

I used to love love love crystal light. It was all I ever drank now I cant drink it at all. Even watered down its way too sweet! I used to like Pasta and would eat it at least 4 times a week but now I have no desire at all for it which is a great thing! The best thing is I used to hate fish and now I think its delicious!

I used to drink tea all day every day and now I can't stand it.

I never liked coffee before and now I love it.

Go figure :P

I'm a year out. I used to love fried foods. LOVE. Every version of available; tempura, a somosa, Southern cooking. If it was batter and fried, I loved it. Now I want my veg grilled, roasted or raw. I haven't had a sandwich that wasn't wrapped in lettuce or a hoagie in forever. The thought of a hoagie is nauseating. I'm from Philly. Hoagies are practically in our DNA. The thought of all that bread and filling is barf inducing.

I'm 14 months out, and I'm sad to report the craft beer I loved so much can be no more ... I can only drink 2 sips before I feel like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka when she turned into a blueberry.

Perhaps I shouldn't tell you this, but a pinch of salt in the brew deflates the bloat.

Not super far post-op but I can't eat scrambled eggs (but hard boiled is just fine), used to LOVE mashed potatoes they were my favorite part of Thanksgiving and now I can't even have them touch my mouth. I love chili and would eat it every day. I also love yogurt and Water, both were just tolerated, now I crave them. I cannot add flavoring in my Water either, it's way to sweet.

Diet Dr. Pepper was my go to drink. Hubby still drinks it or Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper so it is always around the house. I have had zero interest in trying it or any soda. I have had a few really small sips of beer if I eat a buffalo wing. But the sip is really small and I hold it in my mouth to cool the burn before I swallow so it is less carbonated when it goes down.

I hardly ever drank Water as a pre op. Never liked the taste. I primarily drank Coke Zero. Now I love Water. I don't even like it flavored with crystal light or anything, just plain. It's a great trade off and the soda cravings are getting easier. Never thought I'd be able to break that habit, and now it's over three months without one.

I used to love cold cuts too, but can't stand them now.

I had a gift card and went to Starbucks today after a doctor's appointment. I was hungry since I had to fast for bloodwork. Thought I'd get a coffee and a salad and chill. I did treat myself to a single cookie and plain coffee. The salads were all just too high calorie/low Protein to be worth it. Never imagined that happening.