Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As a sleep tech, if you sleep in a recliner with a nasal mask you're probably gonna oral breathe. Gravity is against you. Also, keep a check on your pressures, they will need to be adjusted as you lose weight. You can get a chin strap to help with the nasal masks if you don't want to change masks. You can buy them from Amazon.< /p>

Thanks alot! Will look into those, and I think I'm ready to go back to my bed.

I had same problem also slept in recliner for about a month. I even felt short of breath with cpap on and would take it off during the night. I remembered getting flonase that first night after surgery and started using it again. I also tighten my straps and this has helped. I sleep in my bed now using 2 pillows and this is not a problem anymore. Surgery date 8-10-15. Weight at highest in 2015: 211; SW 194; and CW 161. My other problem is the pressure the straps place on my face and in the morning I have strap marks on my face. Do they sell covers for the straps?

Edited by rln52

I have lost a lot of weight so far & I was able to get rid of my CPAP completely. I still have to use oxygen when I sleep but that's easy compared with the CPAP & the oxygen tube running in it. I will always be on oxygen when I sleep but I have even been able to take it off when I'm watching TV or doing something that doesn't require a lot of exertion. I have COPD (never smoked a day in my life!!) thanks to second hand smoke & that's not curable. :angry: I hope the rest of you will be able to get rid of their CPAPs. Your face will appreciate it. LOL

I am 7 weeks out and for the last several weeks I have been noticing this happening to me. I know i am not dehydrated, but i had a sleep screener at home and it was much improved but not enough to not wear the mask. Mine is also self adjustable and set on a very low pressure anyway, wondering maybe I really do not need it, time to call my doctor!

I thought I was the only one! I am 3 weeks out and I've noticed I wake up sometimes with my mouth slightly open and super dry. This all started after surgery. I never had a problem keeping my mouth closed before. I use the nasal pillows as well. Sounds like I may need to speak with my pulmonologist and see what she recommends.

Follow up to this thread, I did discuss with my sleep doctor and he agreed that I can get rid of the cpap! What a huge NSV!!

Follow up to this thread, I did discuss with my sleep doctor and he agreed that I can get rid of the cpap! What a huge NSV!!

Did you have to do a sleep study? Or did he review your memory card from your machine or anything?

This has been happening to me, and it's really disrupting my sleep! I was up with such a dry mouth that j can't go back to sleep without Water. When I got my APAP, my sleep really improved, but now it's making it harder to sleep. I think part of the problem is that my mask is now too big for my smaller face, but I don't want to have to buy a new mask unless I know that my apnea is going to still be a problem for a while.

I have spent a couple of nights without it on (I have been compliant with use for years), and my husband says I'm not snoring. I know that doesn't necessarily mean that my sleep apnea is gone, but it's a good sign!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Did you have to do a sleep study? Or did he review your memory card from your machine or anything?

I have the same question about getting off the machine. I went to my sleep doctor two months after my surgery, he read the memory card, and said that I should continue to use my bi-pap. He said that in three months (Jan 2016) when I was closer to goal weight he would order a sleep study to determine if I could discontinue use of the bi-pap.

This has been happening to me, and it's really disrupting my sleep! I was up with such a dry mouth that j can't go back to sleep without Water. When I got my APAP, my sleep really improved, but now it's making it harder to sleep. I think part of the problem is that my mask is now too big for my smaller face, but I don't want to have to buy a new mask unless I know that my apnea is going to still be a problem for a while.

I have spent a couple of nights without it on (I have been compliant with use for years), and my husband says I'm not snoring. I know that doesn't necessarily mean that my sleep apnea is gone, but it's a good sign!

~*~ Find me on YouTube: Trisha's Sleeve Story ~*~

Trisha

I had a take home sleep monitor called an "apnea link" that along with my symptoms made the decision for him. I didn't have a mask fitting problem because I was using nasal pillows.