Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powder advice Please!

I am in Canada, and we don't have access to all the same Protein products as in the USA, so I was wondering if anYonge knew of the best protein powders to get that meet the low sugar and high protein requirements required after surgery?

Thanks! :)

Also, meant to ask a sell about the best Protein drinks or supplements.< /p>

Thanks!

Can you order via Amazon or Bodybuilding.com? Lots of great choices there. Do you have GNC stores? Lean 25 is a good choice there.

While a specific brand may not be available to you, look for: whey Protein (preferably in isolate form), at least 20-30 grams per serving, low in sugar (under 10 grams per serving if possible) and avoid brands with collagen. This applies to powders or ready to drink shakes.

Good luck.

I use Isopure Protein powder, you can get it from Amazon, no carbs, no sugar, and 50 grams Protein. I find the banana to be the best tasting one.

@Waler I agree. The banana Cream is the best tasting Isopure powder there is. 210 calories 0 carbs and 50 grams of Protein. However, your poop will be a strange color from the Banana Cream Protein. The strawberry Cream is good too. The chocolate is horrible.

I use unjury. It's medical grade and they have an unflavored one and you can mix them with anything. They are recommended for bariatric patients and the only kind I've been able to tolerate. They also have a sample pack which is good for figuring out if you like them or not.

I like both Syntrax products: Matrix and Nectars. I don't know if they are available in Canada but I get them through the internet from various sources. You can order samples from a few places.

Wow! Thanks everyone for all your replies! This is great to get me started!

Do you guys typically add powder to your food and drinks and/or do you drink Protein Drinks as well? Or does it matter so long as you get the recommended amount of Protein? I also wondered what is better tolerated after surgery? Currently I am using isagenix Protein Shakes which have too much sugar I now realize

Wow! Thanks everyone for all your replies! This is great to get me started!

Do you guys typically add powder to your food and drinks and/or do you drink Protein drinks as well? Or does it matter so long as you get the recommended amount of protein? I also wondered what is better tolerated after surgery? Currently I am using isagenix Protein Shakes which have too much sugar I now realize

Early out I added it to my food/drink because I needed as much protein as possible since we eat so few bites. Now they are simply a supplement for me to add when needed to hit my numbers.

@@mokt I am also in Canada, costco sells Premier Protein and i LOVEEEE them. 30g Protein and 1g of surgar. Costco will ship to your house if you don't live near one :) chocolate is my favorite

Does bariatricchoice.com ship to Canada? I'd check it out. I get a lot of my Protein products from them. I'm not a huge shake fan, so I do a lot of Protein hot chocolate, pudding, Jello, that kind of thing.

i use Isopure rtd 160 calories and zero carbs 40 grams of Protein