Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

itching and first compliment

I am 8 days post op and the itching is driving me crazy. ha. but I guess that is a good sign. probably shows that I am healing. A friend came over to bring me some Soup. she didnt know what kind of surgery I had. I have just been telling people I had some scar tissue removed from past colon cancer. I have only told my husband. So she brought me some soup and some magazines. She told me wow you look really good-you look like you have lost some weight. yes about 10 lb now. it felt really good to hear that. I can feel it and see it in the mirror. I know it will be better when I can go back to exercising and moving more. still kind of sore. am able to eat a couple of teaspoons of food at a time. I dont have a lot of hunger so that is good. how long did the itching last for you guys? thanks all!!

post-262216-0-55508600-1445995779_thumb.jpg

That is awesome! I have already had family members notice (I have lost 33lbs total between my pre-op diet and post op so far). I don't see the changes yet, but I didn't expect to notice them for awhile as the 33lbs I lost were the 30lbs I gained in the spring/summer having way too many food funerals in preparation for surgery LOL.

I have itching too- but that is a good thing :) It's just your incisions healing up. I have some of this C-Section/Scar stuff left over from my c-section (3 years ago LOL) and I have been using it and it has stopped the itching! It's just a base with some essential oils so it smells wonderful too!

I haven't taken any pictures of myself yet (I know it's easier to see results if you compare photos) however, I do take pictures of my incisions everyday LOL

I havent gone back to work yet. I was only going to take a week off but then I had some complications so I needed this extra week. hope to go back this coming monday nov 2. I am a little nervous. I work at a desk but even now sitting up or driving seems to wear me out easily. I was huffing and puffing just now bringing my laptop in to my bedroom. ha. so I dont want to push it. but it is getting easier to do a little bit more everyday. I did take some before pics. soon as i figure out how to post them I will. liquid seems to go down a bit easier now. I can take a little more in at a time. I dont get the dumping syndrome feeling. I get what feels like heart burn for a few minutes. I take that as hey no more. that is usually after about 2 tablespoons of mushy food. still not too hungry so am thankful. peace out!

Oh the itch! And I itch everywhere! Most of all the incision sites! Neosporin doesn't seem to help, but at least I feel like I'm doing something.

Wow the sutures are barely dry and already a compliment! I think that's a record - Congrats!

Love the pic too as I'm a big Madea fan. ????

Gahhhh, the itching is driving me crazy too. I tend to just lightly tickle myself and it tends to help a little.

I had my surgery on the 21st of October and have already been back at work for a week. It hurt like crazy and I hate the stairs even more now, but I'm the kind of person that simply cannot stay home.

Already getting a bunch of compliments on how much "slimmer" I look but I'm waiting till Tuesday for my first 2 week weigh in to actually see it on the scales.

I still have mild itching. Usually when its hot or after showering. Also if I get stressed or anxious. It's my legs back and arms mostly. Surgery on 8-10-15. I find that i can calm myself or distract myself. Also i try to put on alot of body lotion. I changed my soap to avenno moisturizing body soap and I stopped using a scrubbie thing when bathing. Also i try to use mildly warm water; before I used hot Water for shower. For awhile even my skin was peeling really bad on my face. Now I have face creams.

Edited by rln52

Congrats on a cool visit from a friend.

Fun times, right there.

I'd almost forgotten about the itching until you mentioned it. Mine last a couple days.....never all that intense....but certainly noticeable. I sorta viewed it the same way you did.....that it was a good thing and I was healing up.

Slow and steady. Your superpowers will be coming a little more each day.

The theme from Rocky comes to mind...........

FWIW, that Soups sounds killer. I'd love a bowl now, please. :P

The trick to stop the itch, cold compress. I just grabbed frozen peas from the freezer, wrapped in a dish towel, and placed on the incision site. Then I just enjoyed the relief. Seems like this lasted about a week.

My sleeve was done 10/14 and the itching has finally stopped, but like Melaine said cold compress!!

Palmers Cocoa Butter!!

I use this.. almost 5 weeks post op and no itching. (And mormally I am an itcher lol)

post-258731-14482091175625_thumb.jpg

Happy to report itching is gone. Dont know what it was. Maybe the new Water softner or maybe time just took care of that!!