Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin Nausea

Hello All!

This is my first post????

Anyway, I had VGS on 10/14/2015 and I am currently on the phase 2 of liquids by having cream of Soups. When I was my one-week follow up visit this past Wednesday, I was given sample Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. So, the next day I decided to try the sample and as soon as I had swelled them, I became nauseous. I breathed slowly to pass the feeling and drank some unsweetened tea to help and it eventually subsided. I just thought it was something new for my body and it was not used to it yet.

The next day on Friday, I took another sample Vitamin from BA and after swallowing, I became nauseated again, but worse and this time I had to vomit. I placed a call to BA to cancel my order and to possibly get some advice. Naturally I call when they are closed, but I was able to leave a message.

I went to Kroger and found Nature's Made Vitamelts and I followed the directions to which I was nervous thinking that I was goi g to get nauseous and knock-on-wood, I haven't. I decided to take my vitamins with my cream of celery Soup and thank goodness I am OK.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with these type of vitamins.

Before I had my surgery, I was taking Nature Made Multis gummies and had no problems whatsoever. As soon as my 7 weeks come to an end, I am going back to Gummies.

Thank you for reading!

I take the Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins 2x a day without issue. I am 2+ weeks post-op (sleeved 10/7). I start by sucking on them until they disintegrate and I take one in the morning and one at night. I have only tried Celebrate and they had a more chalky taste. People's reactions to the Vitamins just vary. Some people liked the stuff before and after surgery they can't stand it.

Just make sure the Vitamins that you choose have the necessary, vital vitamins. I currently supplement the Bariatric Advantage ones with Biotin, B1 and B12 (all meltaways tabs) 3 times a week, except the Biotin I take daily).

You will just have to try different ones until you get one that satisfies what you need, without sickness. I can start back on the 500g Calcium x2 daily in about 2 weeks. Hopefully I still like them!

Good morning!!

I was told to chew my samples and I think that is my problem right there, so I am going to have them dissolve in my mouth and try that. The samples I had from BA did not have directions on them; but when I had my nature made vitamelts, the directions specifically stated to dissolve first.

Thank you so much for your insight!!

Yes I chew my multi, and dissolve my sublingual b and Iron. I think the multi does have a yuck taste but I can tolerate. I take a swig of Water with it. I would ask you nutritionist was would be an equal Vitamin because you should not have to suffer. There are too many on the market. All my Vitamins are BA.< /p>

I can only take the Vitamins after a meal. If I try to take them on an empty stomach they come right back up!

I had spoken to BA about my reaction and they had said that the samples I was given perhaps were a bad batch and that I shouldn't had any vomitting even if I had chewed them or dissolved them, so I have decided not to even touch the samples at all. On the flip-side, I do have an order that is to be delivered and I am definitely taking it with food and see how that goes.

Thank you all for your advice! ????????

I was cool with the BA chewables until the day I wasn't, and then suddenly they started making me nauseous. I switched to a Celebrate flavor, and then that bothered me. Right now, I'm using the newish Celebrate chewies that are like Starbursts (not chalky). They're waxy and the taste is sort of plastic, but they aren't making me gag. If those start giving me problems, I have the PatchMD Vitamins to try.

A couple of thoughts about problems with the vitamins! When I think I am going to hate a taste, there is no convincing my tummy otherwise. I smell first and make that decision! I tried the dry chew-able tablets, the chewy candy type, and the liquid Vitamins. ICK! None of the gummy vitamins have enough of most of the requirements and you have to eat sometimes 4 a day. I was desperate and determined I would not take the Vitamins. My tongue got horrible cracks, my skin and nails dried out, and all this in only a week or so. I had to stop on the side of a road and vomit when I drank a crystal light with a liquid Vitamin. Then, after staying up late in a last ditch effort, I found "PatchMD" Patches for vitamins. I have used them for almost 2 months, had great blood tests for Vitamin, and no problems at all. They are less than $1 per patch. Google PatchMD and go for the Multivitamins. All the vitamins are in them with at least 250% of all the requirements.

I use the PatchMD vitamin patches and I love them! The bariatric Vitamins made me very nauseated.

Edited by Onmywaytothinagain

I had a problem at first so I switched to Flintstones two a day now I am 9 weeks out and able to do the adult chewables so it gets better

Hello All!

This is my first post????

Anyway, I had VGS on 10/14/2015 and I am currently on the phase 2 of liquids by having cream of Soups. When I was my one-week follow up visit this past Wednesday, I was given sample Vitamins from Bariatric Advantage. So, the next day I decided to try the sample and as soon as I had swelled them, I became nauseous. I breathed slowly to pass the feeling and drank some unsweetened tea to help and it eventually subsided. I just thought it was something new for my body and it was not used to it yet.

The next day on Friday, I took another sample Vitamin from BA and after swallowing, I became nauseated again, but worse and this time I had to vomit. I placed a call to BA to cancel my order and to possibly get some advice. Naturally I call when they are closed, but I was able to leave a message.

I went to Kroger and found Nature's Made Vitamelts and I followed the directions to which I was nervous thinking that I was goi g to get nauseous and knock-on-wood, I haven't. I decided to take my Vitamins with my cream of celery Soup and thank goodness I am OK.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with these type of vitamins.

Before I had my surgery, I was taking Nature Made Multis gummies and had no problems whatsoever. As soon as my 7 weeks come to an end, I am going back to Gummies.

Thank you for reading!

YES OMG AND ITS THE WORST NAUSEA I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!

I had major issues with nausea and vomiting from the Celebrate brand of Multivitamin.

I switched to BA and haven't had a problem since. I threw out what remained of the celebrate. My NUT actually said that he finds this commonly among people taking celebrate - which is why he recommends BA.

Which ones did you have? The regular chewable ones make me immediately nauseas, but the Multi EA don't bother my stomach AT ALL. I have NO idea why one does and the other doesn't, but I think it might have to do with the flavoring agents? Celebrate also make me want to puke. The Multi Ea is the only one that doesn't. If you haven't tried that one do ask the for a sample, they are so nice about their samples.

I had the same problem for the first few weeks so I was told by my sister who had the gastric bypass to take Flintstone's chewable. I took them for a while and now that I am at almost 12 weeks I am able to hand the Bariatric Advantage.

Hello All!

This is my first post

I went to Kroger and found Nature's Made Vitamelts and I followed the directions to which I was nervous thinking that I was goi g to get nauseous and knock-on-wood, I haven't. I decided to take my Vitamins with my cream of celery Soup and thank goodness I am OK.

Thank you for reading!

YES OMG AND ITS THE WORST NAUSEA I HAVE EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!