Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well yesterday I got my surgery date. My best friend is doing this with me and we will get our sleeves on February 9th. Three weeks from today. I am so excited! I think it is going to be great having someone go through this with me. ???? we will be seeing Dr. Hoehn in Shawnee mission., KS. We are both from the MO side of KC.

We are going to rock this bestie! K

I do have Dr Egon! We have two more months of supervised diet and then all the paperwork will be turned into the insurance company for final approval. How long after your supervised dieting and the paperwork being turned in did it take to get a surgery date scheduled? This is to Brown Suga

I met with Dr. Eagon on Nov. 16. My primary care dr faxed my medical clearance to the wrong number (this was done in September) so Dr. Eagon's office didn't have it. I had to wait for the office to receive the form, Dr. Eagon's office to submit everything to insurance and then insurance approval. The week after Christmas I received the call to schedule surgery. They had an opening on Jan 21 but I wanted to give a 30 day fmla notice to my job. FYI...when I called to make my appointment with Dr. Eagon his office told me that I could have made my appointment before actually completing the last nut visit. I still had pt and psych appointments to complete so I had to wait... Get those out the way and get an appointment because he is super busy!!!

I received some bad news today. I fell the Sunday before MLK Day and my foot/leg has been bothering me. Today I went to see an orthopedic surgeon and found out I have ruptured my Achilles' tendon and fx my heel bone. I have to have surgery to fix this and it is scheduled for Monday. Unfortunately, this is the exact day I was scheduled for my sleeve. My sleeve has now been rescheduled for march 21.

I received some bad news today. I fell the Sunday before MLK Day and my foot/leg has been bothering me. Today I went to see an orthopedic surgeon and found out I have ruptured my Achilles' tendon and fx my heel bone. I have to have surgery to fix this and it is scheduled for Monday. Unfortunately, this is the exact day I was scheduled for my sleeve. My sleeve has now been rescheduled for march 21.

Oh no! I wish you the best recovery.

Oh no! I wish you the best recovery.

I will definitely still be cheering for you all.

I'm from St. Louis. Dr. Eagon will be doing my surgery Feb 1 at BJ west. I am in the process of getting Vitamins and stocking the pantry. I found a great Protein shake at the vitamen supplement store. The guys there let you try samples before purchasing. I like strawberry the best. I tried Isopure grape and did not like it at all. I also have orange and passion fruit also but I'm very hesitant to try . Does anyone have a favorite non flavored Protein powder? Good Luck to Everyone!!!

I'm from St Louis. I will have my surgery done by Dr. Scott @ des peres hospital. It's the my new self program

Dr. Scott is my surgeon also. Absolutely loved him, his staff and the Des Peres facility. I'm 5 months post-op with no complications and great results. Wishing you the best.

If you are looking for Protein powder, Allmax Nutrition Isonatural, tastes better than Unjury. You can buy it at Supplement Superstore or on Amazon.< /p>

I had my surgery yesterday with Dr. Minkin (highly recommend) at the St. Clare Surgery Center, Fenton, Mo. I had to do a 3 day all liquid diet. That sucked!! I do not know how some on this site doing 7-14 day liquid diets do it! By the time I go t! o the surgery center yesterday, I was weak and feeling like crap. I was in surgery for about 45 minutes and that included repairing a hernia that I did not know I had. I am not going to lie, when I woke up it was hell!! They finally got pain meds going like they should have and I got brief periods of pain relief. Not sure if I had a reaction to the pain meds, but I was very restless and could not stop moving and hurting. They finally gave me some benydryl and I got about 45 minutes sleep. But, beings I could not sleep, I did a whole lot of walking in. The walking helps considerably!! My back and shoulder were killing me. They ended up giving me pain meds every hour which helped. It was the gas that they give you making my back an diaphragm hurt!!The incision sites were a little sore . The tube site was very sore and when I got that out it was a huge relief. So, I came home today. Other than some of the gas still with me, I feel pretty good!! I have to brag on the staff at the surgery center. They were all So supportive, and helpful and took wonderful care of me. I was able to suck on ice chips and take small sips of Water all night. That did not hurt at all. When I finally got to have a Protein drink, it did not hurt at all going down. I even took my blood pressure pill. I have been drinking and eating popsicles ever since! So, so far it has been very worth it, when I keep my long term goal in mind!! One of the most painful things was when the pulled the drain tube out this morning! But it went pretty fast and my belly where it was at is not near as sore as it was while it was in there! Dr. said I could have a cup of coffee or some Decaf tea, on these 7 days clear liquid diet! If the coffee and tea did not bother me. I stopped on the way home and got a big ole glass of regular tea with sweetener and it tasted amazing. I have had a super, super dry mouth since surgery, It is eventually getting better! So just wanted to share what my experience was! Good luck everyone!!

I had no idea Dr Minkin operated anywhere else. I wasn't able to drink until after my swallow rest the next morning. Did you have a live swallow test you watched on screen?