Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You got room for another 'round here ?

@@tcrehm

Funny, I have 7 incisions?

So weird how surgeons do things differently.

@@Dub

Mine are pretty small and faded now after 13 months out, but definitely still noticeable. My biggest one is on my right where they took out the stomach. Not gonna lie, that one hurt the most!

I'd show you a picture of my scars, but nobody wants to see my stomach :P

@@tcrehm

Funny, I have 7 incisions?

So weird how surgeons do things differently.

@@Dub

Mine are pretty small and faded now after 13 months out, but definitely still noticeable. My biggest one is on my right where they took out the stomach. Not gonna lie, that one hurt the most!

I'd show you a picture of my scars, but nobody wants to see my stomach :P

Au contraire .......feel free to post up any pics you'd like of your fine self. :D

You have rocked the results really well and have been a great source of inspiration and motivation for me.

I get frustrated or down about things and have a weak moment......and just think about you and some of the other folks here and how they are living with the successful results......and I snap out of it and stay with the plan. I can't stress how much it helps to communicate with people that have lived this and can appreciate the struggle.

I had four incisions and a drain port and have pretty noticeable scars.

Edit: I posted a pic initially, but it's a little risque. I can post a link to another thread with it if people are interested.

Are there any gels or creams surgeons recommend to decrease scarring?

im having trouble seeing responses. Is there a delay in the time you post to when others can see your post? I dont know if someone has responded to a post unless I check my email. I that the only notification? Just wondering!

@@Namaste6 My doctor gave me a prescription cream that I already have to put on the scar after the surgery. Your doctor didn't give you anything?

@@Runner1 - I have yet to have my surgery =] But I like to be informed!!

I bet your surgeon will give you a prescription. Mine pre-ordered all my prescriptions and had them mailed to my house. It was nice to have everything already to go. I just had to pick up a few things that were OTC and Protein shakes.

Yeah - he is very efficient, so I am sure he will do that stuff. I have my pre-op appointment in two weeks. I just really need a note for work, or they won't give me the time off. (They only allow 2 weeks of medical unless it is severe?) so hopefully I am good in 2 weeks, or who knows...

Dub, best of luck with your surgery. I think you will be happy with your choice to go with sleeve rather than bypass. I had almost no problems at all in recovery from the surgery, and no problems with dumping or any of the other wonderful benefits from bypass. To me, the thought of bypass was just too much. I had enough problems wrapping my mind around the sleeve procedure. I almost backed out of the surgery at the last minute. In hindsight, that would have been the biggest mistake I ever made, and I've made some doozeys.

On the topic of incision scarring that came up, to the best of my memory I had five incisions, with the largest being about an inch and a half long. None of them left any visible scars. Then, about six months after my sleeve surgery, I developed a giant abscess on my abdomen (not related to the bariatric surgery in any way) that had to be surgically removed. That left a giant, ugly scar. That's just the way my luck goes.

im having trouble seeing responses. Is there a delay in the time you post to when others can see your post? I dont know if someone has responded to a post unless I check my email. I that the only notification? Just wondering!

I always use the "Notifications" link/icon in the upper right corner to see if there have been any recent replies to topics I am following. I use the desktop version of the site though. Not sure if that link is in the same place on the mobile version or the app.

Well.....a couple more things arrived today.

RA3WJVl.png

Also were three memory foam body pillows. I'll layer these so I can slay elevated....hopefully comfortably elevated...in bed.

I've had a couple odd developments over the past couple days. Tuesday, wee hours....found me in the emergency room taking one of my employees. She'd slipped and fell while walking to the restroom and broke her left wrist. 4 hours in the emergency room waiting room surrounded by folks that had flu, pneumonia, walking dead virus, etc.

I was glad that her break would not require surgery nor need further manipulation. Just a follow up with her ortho-doc for a rigid cast. Grateful.

Upon returning to work and getting my employee squared away, I later explained to our nurse about being surrounded by the walking dead.....and having surgery next week. Not only did she support the idea that I get on some antibiotics....she gave me a good general antibiotic that I started right away.

Today was a day off. Working all weekend and have surgery on Tuesday. Tried to get as much done as I could around the house.

Our mailbox has been pissing me off lately so I replaced it.

Somewhere along the way of digging the hole, shopping for the new mailbox & wood post and lifting the 80 lb bag of cement mix i really aggravated my healing back. Not good at all. Back on the pain med & muscle relaxer. All I freaking needed. Idiot. The mailbox could have waited.

No spasms yet.....so I'm not at DEFCON4. Just moving gingerly and resting.

Going to be very, very careful at work tomorrow.

I also broke ranks and cheated yesterday on the pre-op diet. Cheated and enjoyed every single bite and slurp. My cheat meal was Chic Fil A's grilled chicken nuggets, chicken Soup and two large diet lemonades. Damn tasty. It happened. I'm done with it and have been back on the Protein shakes since. Oh well. Sh@t happens.

I'm hoping the new unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein is decent. I'll be using in the days and weeks after the surgery.

Getting ready to hit the bed in a few and hope that the back will ease up for a 4-5 hour nap.

Edited by Dub

Are there any gels or creams surgeons recommend to decrease scarring?

My surgeon didn't give me anything, but I use Palmer's cocoa butter or Palmer's cocoa oil.

@@Dub You look well prepared! Make sure your surgeon knows you are on an antibiotic before you take anymore because he/she may not be ok with that.

And stop doing stuff that may cause your surgery to be delayed! (Did you hear my mean mom voice coming out there! LOL!)

where do you buy the supplements? Like the Calcium?

I ordered the calcium citrate chewables directly from Bariatric Advantage. I am not kidding when I say they are like candy. Very tasty.

I have been following my pre-op diet plan very strictly and have found having these to provide a nice flavor is something to look forward to and savor them. 1 or 2 really does tame the head-hunger-beast.

I love the Bluebonnett Isolate Protein in chocolate. Has 25g Protein and is delish. I also just recently discovered the whey Shots. They have 43g protein in different flavors. Just add Water or put in propel bottle and drink.

I love the Bluebonnett Isolate protein in chocolate. Has 25g protein and is delish. I also just recently discovered the whey Shots. They have 43g protein in different flavors. Just add water or put in propel bottle and drink.

That sounds really interesting. Who makes them and where do you get these ???