Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You got room for another 'round here ?

@@tcrehm - amen on gasX strips (you can do up to 5 at a time...wish I had read that)

That is going be my strategy. Cinco strips !!!

Now, I'm using the drier for stuff. The drier. My clothes.....going into the clothes drier. This turn of events caught me off guard

Ha. Not just fat guy issues. Fat girl issues, too! I used to hang dry my clothes because that darn "dryer" used to shrink them all the time!

It was such a huge NSV the day I realized I was drying EVERYTHING all of the sudden. And sometimes in hopes that they would shrink because the were too big!

Ah, the little things that make us happy through this journey.

So true.

The little things make us stop and think.......and smile.

I had a monthly lunch meeting in a conference room at work last week.

I usually try to remember to leave my wallet in my desk drawer prior to this meeting due to the chairs in n this particular conference room.

These chairs are tight between the arms. I literally have to wedge my arse in them.

I was pleasantly surprised last week when I didn't have to force it.

The thought crossed my mind that it would be two months until I next attend this monthly meeting due to my surgery date.

I'm really looking forward to that next meeting. It'll be one of those secret victories if I can stand up naturally and I'm not wearing the chair. :)

I never had to use the biotene spray. I bought it just in case, but didn't need it. The GASX strips are great. I still have to use them once in a while. See....I can't burp. It's the strangest thing.

I didn't feel much like stopping at the store on the way home from work this morning.....but Biotin and Gas-X strips are high priority items for me to get and stash in my "hospital bag".

I was thinking that best thing for me to do would be atay as busy as possible prior to the surgery. Woke up early today and wanted some java and relax for an hour or two watching some college football.

I wasn't prepared for what HD TV had offer........one Hooters, Hardees, Zaxby's commercial after another. GRGRRRRRR !!!

On the positive side of things, a box arrived from Bariatric Advantage with some sample chewable Multivitamins (berry is much better than orange I found out) and some bottles of Protein powder (chocolate, Mocha and Banana). I like the convenience if nothing else.....it comes in single serve bottles with just the Protein Powder.....you fill to top of label with Water and shake it up. Super convenient and lightweight portability. I'll test run them tonight and report back on my flavor impressions.

I was caught off guard at work last night by what I did on my final day of work last week...... I'd removed all the stuff from my desk and locker that wouldn't be permissible for my future diet. No packs of tuna. No Quest bars. No ibuprofen or Aleve....etc. I did this in anticipation of knowing I'd be returning to work on the pre-op restrictiveness.

No problems with the foods. I am toting in my Protein powders daily. What I forgot was to bring some Tylenol.

Not too wise.

Temperature drops, rain........first day back at work and trying to achieve my fitbit step goal all combined with the arthritis wasn't fun. I'd forgotten how much i rely on the use of Advil.....too much of the stuff. 800mg at least twice a day.

It was a good reminder and I suspect the need for this stuff will seriously decline as the weight keeps falling off.....certainly a great incentive to reach goal and maintain it. It also helped reaffirm the sleeve for me as I can use Advil and the like on days where it's absolutely necessary.

I'm looking forward to the days where my aches and pains come mainly from self inflicted punishment from gym work and other active adventures.

Not only did the samples come in today.....but so did the regular order.

i haven' tried their Protein powder yet.....but wow.....each of the chewables taste great. Like candy.

6ULY2Sz.png?1

l2BlbII.png?1

These Calcium citrate bites are off the chain !!!!

XRDuqWh.png

HxS3upu.png

I will look forward to Vitamin time every day. I need to refer back to the info the nutritionist gave me about the timing of all this. I'm fairly certain she said to stagger the combustion of the various supplements throughout the day. Some don't play well with others and have to be timed separately to get the benefits. Also some were to be taken with the Protein shakes.....some as stand alone.

The flavors, though....so far without even trying their Protein powders......I'll give Bariatric Advantage an A+ on product flavor and desirability. Their standard and even free shipping at this order level....was really fast. There was also a freezer pack enclosed inside the box. Everything was very carefully packed. These folks impressed me. It's pricey....but I figured I'd start of with the stuff I liked during the next couple months of weirdness. It's certainly less pricey than what I've spent on my own frequent drive-thru forays before & after work.....combined with the expensive fried grub at the worksite cafeteria. I figure that I was spending $36 a day on fast food & Snacks. The financial cost and the physical toll such eating was taking on my body.........INSANE. Quality supplements and protein will be so much better all the way around.

I have some unjury powders coming and that should take care of me for a good while. I grabbed some of their chicken Soup in hopes that it's a nice change up when I'm home from the hospital and sore but hungry.

You sound so ready to change your life! I adore hearing from those that take surgery very seriously .... And the path that is ahead.

Your head sounds ready to have a smaller body to move around! I predict a great outcome ....magic 8 ball....(for older people to get)

PLease keep us updated... Some of us veterans live vicariously through the new post ops energy.

I do not believe you will be posting about when you can eat pizza!

( one of the warning signs , to me, of a rough time ahead!!????)

Best of luck as your time to change the rest of your life draws near????

Dub,

Thanks for the update…yes, you are right that it has been a lot of activity! Good for you for being persistent and focused despite the whirlwind of insurance hassles and finally giving up on insurance!

If you trust your surgeon, it’s fine to go with whatever he says – if he thinks sleeve, you can go with sleeve if you think he’s giving you the best advice for YOU. But you should feel comfortable discussing your options with him, and not feeling pressured AT ALL into anything. You can always get a second or third or fourth opinion if you’re not absolutely sure. You get one shot at this.

Well done on your weight loss so far – you’re showing that you can be committed and you’re more likely to be successful. Good luck to you! Keep us posted on everything.

Dub,

You're going to be a great WLS success.

As a sleeve patient, I can tell you I'm THRILLED with my "journey" (I think you adore that term ;) ). I'm 13.5 months post-op. I've lost all my excess weight and been maintaining now for 5 months.

I have a friend who had VSG surgery about the same time I did. I met him online and then met him IRL recently. He's probably your age (late 40s) and has lost over 200 pounds in the last 13.5 pounds and just hit Onederland. TWO HUNDRED POUNDS IN A YEAR PLUS.

Since his surgery he has been very active. He has eschewed alcohol the entire time. He eats very healthy, follows all the good eating guidelines (you know them all).

You will not believe, I promise you, how much your life is going to change in the coming year. Even your best dreams won't be able to predict how good you're going to feel - physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Your life is about to change dramatically for the better.

I'm so tickled for you! :)

@@Dub My great-uncle had the Sleeve September of last year. When he started out he was over 560 lbs at 6'1. His surgeon suggested getting the Sleeve and then later doing the RYN if he doesn't get to a healthy weightl. In less than a year he has been walking everyday, doing strength training, and eating a very healthy diet.

I saw him in August for a family reunion and he stated that he was down 210 lbs. In less than a year! He has worked very hard, and said it wasn't easy, but he felt a difference and is enjoying his life now.

You are on a great path, you are well-informed, and you are making a decision that is best for you!

Huge appreciation to each of you.

Thank you for the encouragement.

It means a great deal coming from those that have been there and done it....and have the smaller t-shirts to prove it. :)

Those cases demonstrate some tremendous amounts lost in such a short time. It is certainly helpful to see it can happen. Thank you for sharing those.

I screwed up earlier tonight. Had a Breakfast shake when I woke up at 2:30 pm.

Been busy at work all evening and all of the sudden I started feeling puny. I realized it was 10:30pm and I'd had zero calories since Breakfast.< /p>

I was never hungry, either.

I mixed up a shake and knocked it back. I felt completely fine in ten minutes.

I'd forgotten how the hunger diminishes while in ketosis. It's a pleasant reminder from my Adkins days.

I'll stay on schedule from now on.

Looking forward to 9:00am when I should be getting into bed. Hoping for 7 solid hours of sleep. I can almost feel it now........

UPDATE:

I will not be buying any more of the Bariatric Advantage Protein powder.

I gave the chocolate, latte and bannana flavors a try. None were remotely good to me.

Luckily I only had the sample bottles and one bag. Who knows....maybe I'll like it better post-op.

Their "powder in a bottle" design would be much improved if the bottle opening was large enough to put ice cubes in it.

Boy, do people's opinions about shakes differ!

My fave Protein shake was / is the GNC Lean shake - 170 calories, 25 grams of Protein. Comes in vanilla, Swiss chocolate and strawberry. My fave was (shocker!) Swiss chocolate.< /p>

Isopure was my least favorite -- still cannot believe how bad that stuff tasted to me. And some others adore it.

My fave Protein shake was / is the GNC Lean shake - 170 calories, 25 grams of Protein. Comes in vanilla, Swiss chocolate and strawberry. My fave was (shocker!) Swiss chocolate.< /p>

Isopure was my least favorite -- still cannot believe how bad that stuff tasted to me. And some others adore it.

What others have you had? I keep buying random samples at GNC, but haven't found one I love other than the Quest banana Cream. Others I just kind of tolerate, like the Premiere Protein.

What others have you had? I keep buying random samples at GNC, but haven't found one I love other than the Quest banana Cream. Others I just kind of tolerate, like the Premiere Protein.

Whoops, you're right ... GNC does make a Banana Cream Lean Shake 25. Forgot about that one. It's OK, not wonderful ... again, for me.

I've also tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury powders -- and didn't like any of those except the chicken flavored one. I used that in the early days when I was drinking a lot of chicken broth. And believe me ... after that phase you could go a long time without drinking chicken broth by itself.

I also tried some vegetarian protein powders, but cannot remember the names of any -- and they all sucked.

Although I've not tried Chike coffee flavored Protein drinks, I've heard from multiple sources online that they're great. http://www.amazon.com/Chike-Coffee-Protein-Drink-Packets/product-reviews/B008O6J8QO