Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October List of Surgery's

@@kvoneye It sounds like we are loosing around the same!!! My doctor was very pleased with my loss & said I was actually loosing a little better than expected. Have you tried the Carmel Calcium chewable? I think they are the best!

Lets Celebrate our loss, I couldn't have done it without the surgery! Or you & other's in our group!!!

I've finally been able to hit all my Protein in a day. I just need to force myself to stay awake all day. I was still sleeping in so late. That's when I realize I don't get enough fluids or protein.

I think I figured out the reason behind my stall. I started my girly crap. So hopefully that's it.

My mother in law signed us up for a 5k thanksgiving morning. I told her I would try and walk it but I'm not too sure how well I'll do. And she goes, you had this surgery to lose weight you need to be walking! Which obviously I know and I do. But I can't go from walking around the block to running 3.2 miles with a whole day planned after that... I get so tired easily. I end up getting physically ill. Body aches, fever, etc. I'm trying to work it up but just the sound of a 5k makes me want to not get out of bed.

Please tell your mother-in-law NO. She doesn't have a clue that you just had major surgery. I was told not to exercise for 4-6 weeks. She's didn't sign you up thinking of your needs.

Outside people don't really get it!!!!

Here is a recipe I'm going to try for Thanksgiving that I found on this site, you may want to try it also!

Crustless Protein pumpkin Pie

15oz can 100% pumpkin (not pie filling)

1/2 cup Egg whites

1 1/2 cup Premier Protein vanilla shake

3/4 cup Splenda

1/2 tsp. Salt

2 Tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven 400. Spray pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Pour into prepared pie pan. Bake at 400 for 15 min. then turn down to 375 and bake for 45 min. or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. It is best served cold and can even be froze. Serving size is 1/6 slice of pie.

Servings 6

Calories 77

Fat 1g

Carbs 19g

Fiber 4g

Sugars 6g

Protein 9g

I thought I would re-post this recipe for some of you feeling like you might miss out on pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I have not tried it yet but will!

@@60&goin4it thanks for reposting the pumpkin pie recipe :)

Anybody eating ham in the soft/mushy food phase with gastric bypass.? Are you having any problems with getting stuck? What kind of ham? Do you buy a thick slice of it or do you get deli meat sliced thin and chop it up? I have been staying away from ham because I thought it was hard for us to get down.

@@395Ron I have only had ham from a thick ham slice that I chopped up pretty good for split pea Soup. I had no trouble with it. Oh yes, I had a slice of deli ham thin slice of virginia ham wrapped around a lowfat mozzerella string cheese stick. While I ate it slowly, I had no problem with it either. But mind you I haven't had much problems with anything other than grilled chicken & pork which I just get full fast on. Try just very little bites & chew chew chew & wait for the next bite to see if it goes down ok. I find the longer I wait between bites the better I do. very hard for me, I always eat too fast!

@@395Ron I've eaten ham,hamburger, thin sliced pizza and haven't had any problems other than I tend to eat too fast. I also measure a lot of my food. I haven't had problems with toast either.

@@whoahbabyy oh my gosh that does sound like a huge leap. Even walking a 5k would be too much for me let alone running it and having the full day planned after that! Good luck.

I am off blood pressure and cholesterol meds and have been cleared to walk outside with just a cane. The PT therapist and I walked two driveways down and back. I didn't use a walker just a cane.

@@L.Harmony welcome to the group. How are you doing post surgery?

So great to hear, @@395Ron!

Great news!! How cute you look on the video!!! You are doing so well! Congratulations!!!

@@whoahbabyy oh my gosh that does sound like a huge leap. Even walking a 5k would be too much for me let alone running it and having the full day planned after that! Good luck.

I am off blood pressure and cholesterol meds and have been cleared to walk outside with just a cane. The PT therapist and I walked two driveways down and back. I didn't use a walker just a cane.

@@L.Harmony welcome to the group. How are you doing post surgery?

Thanks 395ron, my doing well. So far healing well. I've been really surprised at it. Thanks for the welcome. I really wish I would have found this before I had surgery but after surgery works as well.

hello every one!!!

Just posting a small update. Everything is going well so far, ran into TMI HORRIBLE Constipation this past week. got that sorted. Was feeling awful because of it and so i let my journal laps and i need to get back on top of that to make sure i am getting in everything i need to get it. i think i am doing good with my Water though i have a pink 8 oz. cup i brought home from the hospital, its cheap and plastic and i love it, and i drink several of those through out the day. Still working on my Protein of course but now that i can eat again i think it should be a bit easier to track that as well. Aside from all that i have FINALLY broke my stall and started losing again. The scale stayed still for almost 2 weeks which of course as many of you know is beyond frustrating. SOO that's where i am right now.

@Laughingmyassoff2015 Awesome news you rock!

Thanks for all the input on eating ham. I will be trying some soon.

5 weeks post op and feeling so nauseous :( it doesn't go away all day. I've been like this for a week already and I just want it to go away, I hate feeling like this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@sleevemylife. I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I am 5 weeks out also. Most of the time when I feel nauseous it is because I ate one bite too much. Most of my meals are still 2 ounces but dense Protein is harder to eat and in my zeal to get in all my protein I don't want to stop at just the 1 1/2 oz mark that fills me up. Because I sometimes push that extra bite I end up feeling pretty uncomfortable for a few hours.

I hope this is the case with you and not something more serious. Also hope you are getting in all your fluids as dehydration can also cause this. Getting in all my fluids is always a challenge for me. Sometimes the day just isn't long enough!