Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did not get out of my stall until I increased my calories. I first upped it to 600-800, then spent a couple weeks at 800-1000, now I hope to get 900-1100. It has worked for me, the 2-3 lbs loss each week is better than none and I feel much better with the increased calories. I do watch my carbs and Protein.

I have to ask... does ANYBODY think it is normal for a woman to lose more than 1-3 pounds a week after the initial "weight drop"? I have been successful with the sleeve, lost alot, but after the first month I averaged about 2# a week. Some weeks that was .5 some weeks it was 3... but i averaged around 2 a week.

I started at a high BMI (over 50), so in theory, I should have lost faster than those who started at a smaller size/weight.

I sometimes feel that people have very unrealistic expectations of the speed of weight loss

@@newbeginnings1965 Wow, really? I'm so scared to increase my calories. What is your limit on your carbs? Did you have your surgery in the beginning, middle or end of July? Can you eat everything now?

Where ya from?

I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op and am teetering 28 lbs lost. I starve myself and gain a lb then lose a lb, then gain a lb, then lose. When does everyone get ata stabd still?

Also, I love the CupANoodles. Sometimes I cant just drink the broth. I sometimes eat half the noodles. Is that ok if I chew the soft noodles really good, do you think thats ok?

You don't mean literally starving yourself do you? If so, stop that. It will not help your weight loss.

Are you getting in all your Protein and Water?

Noodles are one of the things (starches) I was advised to avoid. Especially if you aren't getting in your Protein.< /p>

I was sleeved on 7/29. I keep my carbs to around 50, I was lightheaded with less. I only eat seafood and can eat any kind. Fish like salmon fills me up faster than a white fish like flounder so I started with the white fish. I have not started to eat raw veggies so that would be next for me. After the first month when I was not able to eat more than 500-600 calories I realized that for me that small amount was not good for me, I did not feel well and was hungry. I feel very content at around 1000 calories. Some days I do not quite make it, and that is ok, I am not gong to overeat or eat unhealthy to that. I live in Maryland.

@@newbeginnings1965 Wow, really? I'm so scared to increase my calories. What is your limit on your carbs? Did you have your surgery in the beginning, middle or end of July? Can you eat everything now?

Where ya from?

You are like one month ahead of me so you can eat alot more variety of foods than I can. My original surgery was on Wednesday,August 19, 2015. I was home the next day. That Monday, August 24, 2015, I was supposed to see the doctor for my 1st follow up appointment. The office was 30 minutes away and called them and said there was no way I could make it, not even with someone driving me. I was so week and had been throwing up the day/night before. They told me to come into the office near my house to see a different doctor (mine was out of town). I went in my p.j.'s. That's how bad I was. I NEVER leave the house without a bra and this time I did. LOL As soon as the doctor looked at me he said "emergency". I was transported to the hospital down the street and had an emergency surgery. The had to go in me again and make new holes. I had an "obstructed bowel" which only 2% of people get. I could have died. I went home 3 days later. No complications since. I was told to start my diet from the beginning, August 19, 2015. I just started on 'mushy' foods like Cream of Wheat and can even have a mozzarells stick!!! I'm sooooo sick of broth!!!!!!!!! I have taken a few bites of noodles here and there and have not had any problems. I can't wait to eat a salad with some shrimp or chicken in it. I don't eat fish and alot of my schedule says I should.

What is the worse thing you have eaten so far? I'm dying for bread. I love bread!! I miss pizza.

I'm going out tonight for my mom's 70th birthday dinner. While everyone will be eating steak and lobster, I can't even have a salad!! I'll have to order steamed vegetables and if the have a simple Soup. Boo

@@Inner Surfer Girl Nooo, I'm not literally starving myself. I'm just HUNGRY it feels like I'm starving. I get enough Protein and am trying to keep up with the amounts of Water required.

Yeah, I know I should stay away from the noodles but they are sooo dang good and it feels me up. The broth just isn't filling me up.

I am 4 1/2 weeks post-op and am teetering 28 lbs lost. I starve myself and gain a lb then lose a lb, then gain a lb, then lose. When does everyone get ata stabd still?

Also, I love the CupANoodles. Sometimes I cant just drink the broth. I sometimes eat half the noodles. Is that ok if I chew the soft noodles really good, do you think thats ok?

I would recommend finding an alternative. Cup o noodles is pretty much just processed carbs and sodium. Too much sodium can also hinder your weight loss, especially if you aren't getting in all your fluids. Try making your own broth or Soup. Get a chicken breast, toss in some onions, celery and seasonings. Boil that for 30 -45 minute or until the chicken is done. Let cool, then take the chicken, cut it up and toss the whole thing in the food processor/ vita mix or nutra bullet like device. If it's too thick then thin it out with a little store bought broth. You can then separate it into single serving sizes and freeze. It will be much better for you and likely more filling.

I have to ask... does ANYBODY think it is normal for a woman to lose more than 1-3 pounds a week after the initial "weight drop"? I have been successful with the sleeve, lost alot, but after the first month I averaged about 2# a week. Some weeks that was .5 some weeks it was 3... but i averaged around 2 a week.

I started at a high BMI (over 50), so in theory, I should have lost faster than those who started at a smaller size/weight.

I sometimes feel that people have very unrealistic expectations of the speed of weight loss

I lose anywhere from 5 - 10lbs a month and have done so pretty consistently since week 6. Yes I had that big weight loss in the beginning, but I started at a really high BMI so it was to be expected. Everything else has been a matter of hard work. A year out and with no pre-op diet I lost over 100lbs. I am completely happy with it since I think it's allowing my body time to catch up with my weight loss. My face looks fine. No extra wrinkles, my upper body is still plump but toned. My only questionable are are my thighs which may or may not require plastic. I plan to up my gym game in hopes of avoiding that.

These hit and run new posters with nothing in their profiles to let you know anything about their surgery, their random complaints with no information, and when people are kind enough to respond to them, they never even respond back.

Trolls.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

These hit and run new posters with nothing in their profiles to let you know anything about their surgery, their random complaints with now information, and when people are kind enough to respond to them, they never even respond back.

Trolls.

Fuckin' A.

Yeah, but think about all the others that read the thread and get something new to consider

Carole61,

You are doing fantastic! You’ve lost 35 pounds in less than 2 months! In this month, which you’re saying is disappointing, you’ve lost 5 lbs, or an average of 1.5 lbs per week. If you were able to keep that “disappointing” amount up for the next 10 months, you’d lose a total of over 80 lbs. by your one-year surgiversary! I don’t know how much you were hoping to lose, but 80 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Keep up the good work, and stay positive.

I have to ask... does ANYBODY think it is normal for a woman to lose more than 1-3 pounds a week after the initial "weight drop"?

I was sleeved almost a year ago, and I've lost 2 - 2.5 lbs/per week, never more, not even at the beginning. And that's after coming home from the hospital weighting more that pre-op, do to IV fluids. It was a bit frustrating at times, but there WAS slow steady progress, and I just decided to change my expectations - to hoping for 7 lbs/month instead of 12-15/month and that way I went from not meeting my goal, to exceeding it every month. And now I'm almost at goal, and continuing to lose 2/week, so it hasn't slowed down yet. If we continue to work our program, our program will work :)

Edited by Justme24