Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Sooo today is the day Bexley! How excited you must be!~ Congratz!

Has anyone done a 3-d ultrasound? i am kinda tempted, but at the sametime - I feel they look a little freaky. hehe

Hope Jill is ok!

oh and I got my maternity bathing suit! The 2x fits perfect! Its actually very comfortable! Yays! Now off to the gym I go! Well not right now- but on Thursday!

~Raynie!

Im hoping for a 3-D ultrasound either tomorrow or in 2 weeks :smile2: I cant wait! I think they are soooooo cute, and sweet, and tide you over a little until the baby is actually here!

Anyone heard from Bex?? Hope all went well Cant wait to see pictures hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ok, my surgeon took out .8 cc and I still have good restriction but I can eat comfortably about a cup of food, that is more that I have eaten in months and months and months. It feels good, although I still have some heartburn and I can feel my band some especially if I am laying on my side.

How is everyone doing???

Hey ladies,

Sorry I havent posted in a while.. Cameron keeps me so busy! I have also had a few issues, my incision was infected, now my uturas is infected.. grr.. I thought I was doing great.. till 3 days ago, I started to hurt again.. went to doc yesterday and yup Infected.. grr

Anyways, other than that we are doing great! He is growing so fast! He is already 9 lbs 9 ozs my little piggie.. he even drank my boobs dry, so I had to get the meds to help me lactate more! He is definatly a growing boy!

I hope Bex is doing well, cant wait to hear from her!

oh and that nursary is darling! Ours still isnt done, but I do have all the stuff now to finish it off.. just to get the time and energy.. I am hoping this sunday when my husband is off work we will get it done!

Well I think my boy is finally asleep, so I can get in the shower.. Hope you all are doing well, and I hope Bex is doing well!

Candice

candice ...lovely to hear from you ,i know you must be so busy and wow he doing so good gaining weight he must be very pampered boy enjoy him ...ouch on the infections though hope it clears up soon ,you must be worn out ,oh and give cameron a wee cuddle just from me ,i cant wait to hold my little one !

melissa ...best of luck honey hope you are in baby way soon and dont forget.. dont be too much in rush the "tryng" the fun part !!

bex........ thinking of you .....cant wait for your news...hope it went well and you are just enjoying every minute of your new arrival !!!!

jill...way to go on the unfill ive been so hungry last two days think baby engaging and he taken pressure of tummy as im keeping more down ..yeah at last .

jodie ....i had 3 d scan baby wasnt co operating that well and was stuck in my right hip so view not great but any bits i did get good look at where breath taking i definately recommend it .its awsome!!!!!!!!!

as for me got another uti and going to go pick up antibiotic ,im allegic to penicillen so they giving me same one as last time which gave me really bad thrush but safest for baby so guess i have little choice .ohg the joys of pregnancy ...also had my glucose test today will find out tuesday the result for that.......i feel so well though i wish they stop finding things .........lol

I'm here! Baby girl is here. SHe weighs 7 pounds 10 ozs. Delivered by c-section wed. I am doing great and baby is great. They let me come home on Friday so we are just resting and taking it easy. I am really surprised how quick my stomach has gone down. Last time I still looked pregnant. I will post more later, time for a nap while daughter is down!

congrats on the new little ones! i am soo jealous, it seems like every day that went past got us closer to baby but now that it's so close time seems to drag. anyone else feel like that?

Congrats Bex!

Soooo.....We got the baby's wardrobe and crib up this weekend!!! Im so excited......but it also made me realize how REAL this all is, and it freaks me out...the baby has been SO active the past 2 or 3 days in my tummy too, so thats also a constant reminder....so ofcourse Im already getting new mom jitters! The crib is so much bigger than I thought it was....I swear, I could crawl in it and sleep comfortably! We have to do some serious rearranging because it doesnt fit the way it should, and my room's not that big, so my room has become one of those party favor puzzles with only one piece missing so that you can slide things around and arrange them to solve it, yet it takes FOREVER to even come close and when you do you realize the combination is completely wrong because ONE PIECE is out of place so you mess the whole thing up again just to try again.....BLAH! Long analogy I know, but thats how it feels....Ive packed up so much stuff to make room, and there's still a lot of stuff in there!! My poor dog is scared to death that Im moving out again and has been stuck to me for 3 days and tries to stop me from moving stuff and packing stuff......its been wild around here ladies lol!!

Not to mention that I do have childbirth class tonight, my first one...and well it makes me a little sad although Im REALLY excited at the same time. I want to learn SO badly, but I dont want to feel out of place with all those cute, sweet little couples in there that are expecting their little bundle of joy, and me in there with my mom...Ive done really well with holding my head up during this pregnancy...but sometimes its hard, especially when people ask me when Im getting married, if Im married, or even more rude questions I prefer not to put on here....It also kind of breaks my heart when I see those happy couples everywhere (seems like there are ALOT of pregnant women right now lol), and Im on my own. I try not to think about it, and I mostly do pretty damn well....but somedays its hard to hold my head up when everyone looks at you like a, quite frankly, whore. Sorry for the language, but thats the looks I get, when they dont even KNOW the story AT ALL....

UGH! I guess I just keep thinking about something someone said to my dad a month ago, on his BIRTHDAY....we were hanging out at the local bar and a man was talking to my dad (I went to school with his daughter all my life) and the man pointed to me when I wasn't looking and proclaimed, "Now that's the result of bad parenting." It broke my daddy's heart...and really made him mad. The man didnt realize that I was his daughter, he just didnt recognize me because it had been YEARS since he had seen me at all....this man's daughter has been all over this town (if you know what I mean) and was caught dancing topless at a local club when she was 16 or 17. It made me feel like I shouldnt even go out in public because I feel like Ive embarassed my parents, and made them look badly in the community....when they have been the best parents that anyone could have asked for and then some...I love my parents and they have done more for me than most parents do for their children. They have been so supportive and great through this pregnancy. If I didnt have my parents, I wouldnt have anyone right now. For someone to consider them bad parents, breaks my heart...

Oh LORD! My freakin HORMONES! I was going to leave a short little comment and have gone on and on and on...Im sorry ladies :biggrin: It was all just on my mind right now....Me and my rambling....

I just started the process to get the Lap Band today. I am wondering if I am perhaps doing things in the wrong order. I've been trying to get pregnant since November… I know that hasn’t been a very long time but I had a limited window due to my husband being in the military! Anyway, I currently weigh 244 and I am 5ft 4in. I just found out that Tricare is now covering the Lap Band, and I have been wanting to do it for over a year now. Should I go ahead with the process and get the lap band first? Is a year really what the doctors tell you that you have to wait? I will be 32 in less than a week and I feel like my time is running out. I am torn… I don’t know if my weight is the reason why I am not getting pregnant in the first place. I don’t have any other medical conditions except for my weight. Should I go to my OBGYN and ask her first? Thanks!

I just started the process to get the Lap Band today. I am wondering if I am perhaps doing things in the wrong order. I've been trying to get pregnant since November… I know that hasn’t been a very long time but I had a limited window due to my husband being in the military! Anyway, I currently weigh 244 and I am 5ft 4in. I just found out that Tricare is now covering the Lap Band, and I have been wanting to do it for over a year now. Should I go ahead with the process and get the lap band first? Is a year really what the doctors tell you that you have to wait? I will be 32 in less than a week and I feel like my time is running out. I am torn… I don’t know if my weight is the reason why I am not getting pregnant in the first place. I don’t have any other medical conditions except for my weight. Should I go to my OBGYN and ask her first? Thanks!

I say go for it now! My surgeon had told me that she preferred to put the band on before pregnancy because it would keep me from gaining too much weight during the pregnancy and ending up worse off than I already was. We did wait a year, but that was not for lack of trying! It took us 9 month to get pregnant. Having said that, all surgeons are different, and yours might be one of the ones who wants you to wait. It certainly never hurts to ask though!

Oh LORD! My freakin HORMONES! I was going to leave a short little comment and have gone on and on and on...Im sorry ladies :thumbup: It was all just on my mind right now....Me and my rambling....

Jodie, you are such a sweetheart! Don't let people get you down. I know it must be difficult, but you go out there and hold your head up high. You have just as much a right to have a kid as anyone else. And besides, a lot of dads don't even show up to those classes, so you might not be the only "single" lady in attendance. Chin up, girl! We're all here for you!

Maria