Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

Hey girls! Just popping in to say hi. I'm 16 weeks along today -- so crazy to think my pregnancy is almost half over. I still haven't gained anything, which is nice.

You will not believe this... there are 5 of us at work pregnant and due within the same month! Crazy!

Hope everyone is doing well!

maria

hey ladies!

It has been a few weeks since i posted. My son is going to be 8 weeks old on Monday. It has definatly been challenging. Being a first time mom, I was really not prepared for the lack of sleep. Cameron is Colic too which doesnt help. I also have had to suppliment with formula as my breast milk just isnt producing fast enough. He is a big piggie!! He is already close to 12 lbs.. I am getting him weighed again this week. I also went out and bought a VAN. I can't believe how much room you need to travel with a baby for 4 days! We went to Winnipeg for the Easter weekend to spend time with my husband's family, and my car was soo full, there wasnt room for anything! Cameron did do very well travelling for the mostpart. It is a four hour drive each way and he slept most of it, cept for feeding time! We made the trip twice this week cause i had to go back to pick up the van on thursday. What week! Anyways, hope you are all doing well, raine, be patient, only a couple more weeks!!

Candice

Thats such a sweet story Candice! Gratz on your Van update! I am glad the little babe is doing well, despite the colic. its useally over by 3 months. I cant believe he is already 2 months now! Wow time flys!

As for me, time is going by super slow! heheh...... i can hardly wlak i am so fat!

And everyone seems to have vanished! Either everyone is delivering or nobody wants to talk here anymore..... so sad. I just hope everyone is doing good!

~Raynie!

firstly sorry im not around

i was busy giving birth to the most wonderful ,beautiful baby boy .....

whoo hoo its all over he was 7lb 5oz and i named him ...."kai"

he is the sweetest little thing...anyway here it is birth story...

went into hospital as couldnt eat or drink blood pressure raised and Protein in urine and after vaginal exam doctor said i was ready just break my waters for me and put drip in and away would go ..so they did and 19 minutes later kai was born yep not a typo it took 19 minutes and i was on cloud nine ....unfortunately then my uterus wouldnt contract and i was bleeding really bad and it quickly turned into a bit of a saga and i was so weak and cramping like mad ..he was born at 12 minutes past two and it wasnt until 5 am next morning i felt human at all and able to take care of kai .i was kept in next two days to make sure all clots had left and i was fine ,then milk came in and my boobs were so sore (im not breat feeding )so decided to take epsom salts on recommendation from some older ladies who swear by them ...well big mistake i had chronic diarohea and my cervix came out along with another big clot and i had to go back into hospital thankfully clot passed out and cervix went back up itself and i was allowed home again ,so im home now recovering and apart from some achy pains and tiredness im doing well now hav big sister staying helping out so i can take it easy i will need to resize pics to show off my boy and i promise to do that soon will hopefully post them later on today .i miss you all..thanks so much for your support through this xxx

p.s as for weight well bloody hell girls i now weigh......147lbs and am wearing my sons 30 inch waist jeans i own nothing that fits but im now able to eat again so i reckon i go back up a bit but i dont mind my target was 156lbs i need to regain some strength so my weight not going to be my focus for a while just getting healthy again so im off to find something yummy for lunch !!!!!!!

My husband and I are contemplating getting pregnant in August. I was banded in July 2007 and have lost 10lbs to date. Did any one have any complications etc? What do I need to know? My periods are still irregular was this a problem for anyone.

Thanks for all you help :biggrin2:

Amy

YEAH NIKKI! HE is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you can eat again! So did they do anything to your band after baby or was it just ok on its own after he was out. JIll

Congrats Nikki he is beautiful!

Sounds like you had quite the ordeal afterwards.. take care of yourself! I cant believe 19 minutes.. wow.. my next baby will be like that.. haha cause it will likely be another c-section!

Rayne, it's not fat girl, its baby... just remember that!! hehe that is what i tell myself still, haha.. the weight is slowly coming off for me again. I forgot how to eat as a bandster so i have pb'ed alot lately, not fun!! If it wasnt for breast feeding (pumping, since he refuses to latch on) I would start the post op liqiud phase again to jump start my weightloss. I am sure everyone is out there... and more birth announcements coming I presume!

sleep has been my number 1 thing aside from my son of course, so maybe that is what all the others are doing too! lol I swear I just cant catch up! I think wow I got 2 hours the nite before last nite, and last nite got total of 6, thought i would feel pretty good, and I guess i did but was so busy today I am totally drained. Thankfully hubby home tonite snd day off tomorrow.. so I might get a good nites worth!! ya right!! lol Anyways, I am off to bed, again Congrats to you Nikki, and hopefully there will be more bouncing baby news soon!!

Candice

Oh wow! Nikki he is amazing! Best of luck too you honey! 19 min sounds wonderful! I hope you are recovering much better. Hang in there! He is so cute!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support Candice! Just reading your post on sleep deprivation makes me want to yawn- I only wish my mind and body could get comfortable to sleep. I remember those days where you feel like you could pass out standing upwards making a bottle. /sigh. I guess thats just life and thats the way it is! :puke: i go to the doc on wed, I am curious to see if I am at all dilated.

I haven't seen Jodie around- maybe she had hers too! And Dooney!

Cant wait to hear more baby news!

congratz again Nikki!

~Raynie!

Nikki! Congrats! He is so adorable. What a little sweetie! I'm glad you are doing ok :puke:

lol, Im still around, just SWAMPED in school work and opening a business next week. Im still impregnanted....BUT about a month to go :unsure: Im SOOOOOOOO READY! We get the 4D next week and the baby shower is next weekend....I cant wait....after that she can just come on out lol....Im so tired of being pregnant, Im ready for my body to be somewhat normal again, and to go ahead and get all the pain and stuff over with....

So, I had my first preggo PB today. In front of my in-laws! I was so embarrassed, but they are the sweetest people on earth. My FIL was worried about me all afternoon, even though I tried to explain that once it's out, I'm 100% better! Ugh. So, liquids for me today. I'm sure another unfill is imminent. I'm blaming the whole thing on a nasty piece of steak at TGIFridays.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. It's actually 60 degrees here today!

Sooo ladies....I went to the doctore today and I really need your thoughts and/or prayers (whichever you believe in) because my little girl is weighing too little in the womb. Im 36weeks pregnant, and she only weighs 4.5lbs. The doctor says shes only in the 11th percentile and she SHOULD be in the 50th...we know she wont make it to the 50th, but she has to get over the 12th percentile for me to carry her until I naturally go into labor. The doctor told me today that I will have a nonstress test done next Monday to monitor her and to see if she has gained any weight, and if she hasnt gained about 1.5-2lbs in 2 weeks then they are going to induce me right there on the 21st. The Dr is concerned that my placenta is not feeding her enough and that the longer she stays in, the more chance there is for a stillbirth if she isnt gaining....

HOWEVER, the doctor is VERY perplexed that she is so tiny and not showing signs of distress AT ALL...shes moving a lot and her heartbeat is wonderful, AND shes even making breathing motions which is apparently a GREAT sign...regardless of all that though, if she doesnt gain the weight, they are going to induce me...hmmmm, ya know, I never though that any child of mine would ever have an issue GAINING weight...I always figured I would have to REALLY watch their weight because my metabolism is soooooo bad....ironic isnt it? I have problems losing weight and my baby cant gain it...strange...

Other news: I am already dilated, 1 cm! 9 more to go lol! Well if everythng goes naturally that is....I really hope everything is okay with her, and that she is just short and fat like me...which the doctor says is possible, that her length is contributing to her being small, not necessarily anything else, because lemme tell ya, shes got some chubby chubby cheeks :lol: Shes beautiful, I hope to have the ultrasound pics posted tomorrow from today....

Hmm Jodie, well how is your eating?? HOw much weight have you gained?? Can you drink a carnation instant Breakfast in addition to your meals for the extra Calcium, Protein and carbs?? Is it really going to take 2 pounds to get her to the 12th percentile?? Seems like alot. Well good luck and try to pack in a few more calories if you can.