Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

I eat like a horse...Im enjoying ALLLLLL the food I cant eat when my lapband is filled. Im always with something...Ive gained the average amount of weight with her, like 40lbs I think. The doctor says that since I have had fertility problems in the past that that could have contributed to it or the amount of stress Ive had during my pregnancy (which is ALOT).......So now its hard not to stress about all this, but Im staying pretty relaxed so far. Trying to convince myself that it will all be okay. I have a terrific doctor and she specializes in high-risk, which this isnt really high-risk i dont think, more like medium because she is full-term and she is doing breathing exercises...so theres a good chance she will be okay even at that weight.....but babies born under 5lbs are known to have growth problems (mentally and physically)...I just want her to be healthy and make it....shes so beautiful :)

Hey girls!

Jodie - hang in there! My friend has had two babies weighing under 5lbs, and both are fine and thriving! I will send some prayers your way.

So, I went to the OB yesterday. Seemed like forever between visits. Everything is good so far. I had the glucose tolerance test, and my results came back a little high, but I won't find out till tomorrow if I have to go back for the long test. I also have to do that test where I collect all my pee in a jug for 24 hours. My husband is completely grossed out that it has to be kept in the fridge! I know, ew! I get to go for my next ultrasound on the 23rd, and I'm so excited. We are hoping to find out the sex. With my luck, baby probably won't show us the goods, so we'll see!

Hope all is well with everyone else!

Maria

Hi guys! i delivered my baby girl on Sat Apr 5. She is 7lbs 12oz. Her name is Aara and she is beautiful! We're both doing well.

Ever since I delivered I am very tight, not unbearable but much tighter than before. Has anyone else experienced this? Its nice cause my weight is coming off fast, only 12lbs away from pre-preg!

Cheers! Hope you're all well.

Yup I am Preggers for the 2nd time on the Lap-band. My Daughter is 14 mos and I am 15wks pregnant.

All went well with the first. I didn't need to have an un-fill since I wasn't tight enough anyway. I was thinking of getting a fill to finally start losing weight again when I found out I am pregnant again. Losing weight will just have to wait yet again.

I was banded in 2004 lost 30 lbs but then My tubing cracked. Fought for a couple of year with insurance to get it fixed. After getting it fixed I got pregnant with my Daughter. I did good and only gained 16lbs. I did have gestational diabetes too though.

All these years my weight loss has fluctuated between 30 -40 lbs and after this pregnancy I pray I can get a fill soon after and start losing weight again.

I just know that everything is going to be okay *crosses fingers* I try to stay on the positive side of things, PLUS I cant be all down and worried for the baby shower on Sunday. I keep reassuiring myself with the fact that she IS fully developed and even doing breathing motions and Im even dilated...so hopefully shes just short and fat and my placenta is fine...I just want the safest, healthiest delivery for her and what is best, and I trust my dr.

P.S. IDK what I would do if she was any bigger because she nearly knocks me down with her kicks and punches now! And it feels like shes in there SO tight...I dont know what I would do if she was like a 9 pounder

Hi guys! i delivered my baby girl on Sat Apr 5. She is 7lbs 12oz.

Congrats Becca! :redface:

So, lucky me, I get to do the 3day/3hour glucose tolerance test. I have to follow a high carb diet (well, just get in at least 150g) for 3 days before the bloodwork. Then, I sit in the office for 3 hours, so they can draw blood. When I looked over the sheet of food lists, I was thinking, Holy Crap - how on earth am I going to fit all this in! Seriously, there is little room for Protein, considering my restriction is coming back with a vengeance. I made grits for Breakfast this morning, and even though I made them thin, it was still too much for 8:30am. I'm in gurgle city right now!

Congrats on Aara joining the world! YEA!! Glad you are both healthy and doing well. Let us know how your restriction goes. Are you nursing? Just wondering if that causes more tightness or not??? Before my band when I nursed I was hungry, hungry, hungry. I wondered if it feels any different after banding???

Juno, that test is so boring. When I was pregnant 3 yrs ago - preband - I failed the first test and so I had to take my second test on a Saturday. 5 of us big prego ladies sat in the lab that day re-doing our tests UGH. I ended up with ges diabetes. ^_^ I hope having lost weight before my next one I can beat the odds of having it again. We do IVF in July :confused:

I've been reading all your posts since I found out I was pregnant. On March 10th. YEA!!! I'm 39, this is my first one and I am so SCARED. I just really want to have a healthy, successful pregnancy. I tried to get pregnant 15 years ago when I was married & didn't work. I know now that it was the weight loss from the band that helped me get pregnant this time. I got preggers in my 2nd month of trying. Went to a fertility doc to say "I'm old, just please give me someone's eggs or do in-vitro or something". They gave me a urine test & it turned out I was already pregnant! Thanks for all the great advice on this thread. It has certainly been reassuring. I feel like I know you all.

BTW - My band always gets pretty loose about 1 month after each fill, I've only been able to get 2.7 in a 4.0 band, and have been unfilled several times too. I was scheduled for a fill on the day I found out I was pregnant so I didn't get it. But, I've gained about 30 pounds in 3 months (much of it before I even found out I was pregnant). I've scheduled another small fill. I'm 9 weeks along, but have gained 8 pounds just since 3/20. I don't want to gain much more. I know I can lose it after the baby, but I don't want to be obese and pregnant.

Good luck to all of you happy pregnant girls!!! I have wanted this all my life!!!

Lisalu, CONGRATS!!!!! What an amazing time in your life!!! A baby!! Where are you at in your pregnancy and where were you at with weight loss. When were you banded? Another thought I had today, is I wonder if the fluroscopy is safe when you are pregnant? I don't know if I will need an unfill when I get pregnant but started to think about that today since it is an x-ray. Any thoughts??

I was banded 5-5-05. I lost about 70 difficult pounds. I was around 25 pounds to goal when i found out I was pregnant in March. I'm 9 weeks along now. I don't get a fluroscopy with my fills so i don't have to worry about that. I'm just so loose that I can eat ANYTHING and I do eat EVERYTHING! I know my band pretty well, so if I get a small fill and its too tight, I'll just get an unfill, but I've got to do something. I cannot afford to gain 10 pounds a month. This is ridiculous.

I love some of the things we have in common on this thread. I, too, love the fact that I can eat bread again and enjoy a subway or jimmy johns, I stick to 6 inches. :thumbup:. I also crave milk & drink a gallon or more a week. Sometimes my body fights back on the lactose, but I don't care. I'm taking the Flinstones instead of pre-natal and I too, love the little folic acid pills that are so easy to swallow. I'm going to ask my doc about the progesterone though, what is it for?

What do you guys think about the fish oil pills? I cannot stand burping up fish oil all day long!!!

Progesterone is what thickens the lining of the uterus. It is a very common cause of miscarriages and underdiagnosed in my opinion. My s-i-l had 6 miscarriages before they figured out she needed progesterone suppositories and after she started them she has had 2 healthy babies. My fertility Dr. prescribes progesterone in oil shots. They are horrible. If you can imagine pushing oil into your muscle. UGH. I can handle all the shots that come with IVF but that one is so hard. I remember last time we did IVF (had our wonderful son 3 yrs ago) I was icing the muscle before the shot and my husband started to tear up and said, I just can't cause you this much pain everyday. It was very touching but difficult. UGH. I like to forget about all this when I think of starting it all again :thumbup: :eek:

I take Isotonix Vitamins, they are powder form and you mix them with Water. I like them because I get all the folic acid I need for the pregnancy and I can take them in the AM, long before I can get food down.

Oh, a subway sounds heavenly :) I haven't been able to eat bread in 4 months (since my last fill early December). I'm pretty tight right now, like healthy bandster tight, but I'm worried when we start medication for the IVF I will be really tight. I guess I will find out in a few short weeks. :)

What are the fish oil pills for?? Sound horrible :P

The fish oil is for DHA, which is supposed to be important for baby's brain development. My OB had me start on a DHA supplement at about week 12. So far I've been taking Expecta Lipil (made by Enfamil), but it is quite pricey. I asked my OB if it mattered if the DHA came from a fish oil source or not, and she said fish oil is fine. The good news about the fish oil is that there are a few companies that make an orange or lemon flavored capsule, so you don't have to burp up fish nastiness all day. I plan on switching to these when my Lipil is gone: Barlean's Healthy Mom

I do the DHA fish oil. It is ok if you take it with food. Otherwise YUCKY! I have the lemon flavored one, only mild fish burps when taken with food.