Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant and Banded...come join me!

hi ladies,

I'm about 6 weeks along and going in for my first doctor's visit tomorrow (11/20). I really hope we're able to see the heart beat!

So far my band doesn't seem to be acting any different. It is still it's typical fickle self. I"m hoping things stay this way because i would like to keep my fill throughout the pregnancy (assuming that it's not causing me any problems).

I haven't told my band doctor about the pregnancy yet simply because i just haven't been to him in a while since this fill has been working like a champ for months. I guess i figure once everything is confirmed and going along nicely i'll give him a call and see what they say.

So far i can't complain. I'm feeling pretty good!

is wish dont think anymore babies comin my way:smile: i would like one more but, if it doesnt happen then im blessed with what i already have. im so happy for you. send me baby dust.:bored: i just like to read das all.

Thanks China, You always seems to be on the preggo board are you tryin to tell us something?????

hi ladies,

I'm about 6 weeks along and going in for my first doctor's visit tomorrow (11/20). I really hope we're able to see the heart beat!

So far my band doesn't seem to be acting any different. It is still it's typical fickle self. I"m hoping things stay this way because i would like to keep my fill throughout the pregnancy (assuming that it's not causing me any problems).

I haven't told my band doctor about the pregnancy yet simply because i just haven't been to him in a while since this fill has been working like a champ for months. I guess i figure once everything is confirmed and going along nicely i'll give him a call and see what they say.

So far i can't complain. I'm feeling pretty good!

Dewl,

Im with you I have my first appointment tomorrow and have not seen any changes good or bad to my band. Im hoping to keep the fill in the whole time. My next band doctor appt isnt until 12/30 so I hope I can maintain my weight and not gain to much before that date.

When is your due date?

ok rain what did the dr say an how is baby doing and when is your due date

Dewl,

Im with you I have my first appointment tomorrow and have not seen any changes good or bad to my band. Im hoping to keep the fill in the whole time. My next band doctor appt isnt until 12/30 so I hope I can maintain my weight and not gain to much before that date.

When is your due date?

China,

He didnt really say anything. It was my first appointment so I have to go get Nuchal transluceny test and come back in 4 weeks. The due date is 7/19/10 My 35th birthday.

wow how exciting. 7/19/10 that will be here in no time. i hate being pg in the summer. i wish you the best im so excited for you wow. im sending hugs your way.

China,

He didnt really say anything. It was my first appointment so I have to go get Nuchal transluceny test and come back in 4 weeks. The due date is 7/19/10 My 35th birthday.

OMG! I just went to my first dr. appointment today and it was awesome! I was unsure of my due date so the doctor did an ultrasound and I am actually further then I thought...I am 13 weeks and 1 day pregnant. So now my DD is 6/7/10! It was so great to see my baby...and to hear that everything looks good. Finally, this all feels real.....and my nausea is also tapering off, which is another great thing.....:smile:

So i had my first appointment on 11/20 and they did a sonogram and the doctor was a little concerned that the heart rate was on the lower side of the normal range (it was in the 120s). I measured 6w1d, which is exactly what i figured based on my ovulation monitor. I think the doctor was concerned because she thought i was actually like 7.5 weeks based on my last period.

I didn't like how she handled the appointment at all. I had a sonogram that showed a baby with a heart rate within the normal range and i swear she practically treated me like, "let's meet again in 2 weeks and if you're still pregnant we'll go over everything else then". I was a bit shaken, but knew i was going to change doctors anyway so now i have an appointment next week (12/9) and hopefully since i'll be farther along the heart rate will be nice and strong.

Going by my ovulation date i should be due around July 15th.

I've started having some queasiness in the mornings (and sometimes throughout the day) and my boobs are still super soar. I've also been dealing with lightheadedness when i get up too fast and some headaches.

I'm feeling like i'm tighter now too and have been considering getting a slight unfil. But you know the band, just when i think i'm too tight i have a day where i can eat anything. So fickle!

hi ladies,

i am 16wks 1day due on may19,2010. i am on bedrest cause i have an incompetent cervix. i have a cerclage. i find out what the baby is in2 weeks. i am so excited and nervous. i got the h1n1 flu shot and regular flu shot. i was 12 wks. i was nervous about it but the alternative is worse,even baby can have deformities from flu or even be stillborn. all u can do is have faith at times.:w00t:

I'm 8 weeks right now and yesterday i got a slight unfil. Only 0.3 cc, but it seems to have helped quite a bit. I have to admit, i had this weird mixture of nervousness and excitement for the unfill. I think i was a little excited at the possibility of eating a bit more and that just made me more nervous! Obviously the nervousness was that i was going to be too loose and lose control or something.

At first my fill doctor thought i said take 3 cc out (instead of 0.3 cc). I was like "oh god no! I'll be wide open!" :w00t: These days as little as 0.3 cc really can have a big effect.

We'll see how it goes.

Hello all! I got banded in September of 2005 in Monterey Mexico, I got pregnant in Jan of 2008. I went to a local doctor here in Florida and got my band unfilled in April and the only disconfort I had with my port was when my son was on my left side.

I now have questions about if and when I can get a fill with breastfeeding?! I want to go get a fill but am not giving upp breastfeeding too soon.

Hey there everyone,

I was banded 11-19-08 and have lost 115 lbs so far with 70 lbs. to go. Found out one day after my one year bandiversary that I am pregnant. I'm a little nervous about regaining any of the 115 lbs. My plan is to continue dieting and exercising. I am about 5 weeks pregnant and see the OBGYN on Thursday. Wish me luck on not gaining too much.:thumbup:

Dear ok813, i understand that you dont want to gain any weight and still want to diet and exercises but just remember baby comes first now and you have been very successful so you will get the preg weight off. the healthy way to do things is with healthy balanced meals and exercise regimen of just walking cause the hard routines could make you hurt yourself,just talk to your ob doctor about it remember you will lose the pregnancy weight.i am just writing this out of concern. i have lost 95 lbs and didnt want to regain any but i had to realize my baby is more important and my band will still be there for me after i give birth.

I had a doctor's appointment on 12/9 with a new doctor that was recommended by a couple of my neighbors and it went great! If you remember, my previous visit was before Thanksgiving and the doctor kinda traumatized me for no reason. She was concerned that the heartrate was on the low side of normal and in my opinion kinda shoveled me out sort of implying i should come back in 2 weeks and if i was still pregnant we'd talk about everything then. She of course didn't say that, but that's how she made me feel. Anyway, i knew i wanted to change doctors so i did and i'm really glad.

Yesterday's visit was fun. We learned lots of stuff and the doctor has 2 really convenient locations one right by my office and the other down the street from my house. Also, my neighbor actually works for this doctor and she has been a sweetheart and gave me her number and told me to call her directly if i'm ever having trouble getting an appointment when i want it or if i need anything. She even stopped by yesterday night to see how the appointment went. It was very sweet.

So on to the good stuff. We had the sonogram and the baby is doing great! I told the sonogram lady how my last doctor kinda traumatized me and it was clear she went out of her way to make me have a really great sono this time. It was so cool! It really looks like a baby now! I was still worried about the heartrate and was totally relieved when it was 176 which is awesome. DH and i were holding hands and we were all smiles during the sono (which this time was on top of my belly rather than internal like last time). She said i am over 9 weeks pregnant and even gave me a due date! 7/11! July 11, 2010.

After the appointment i went and made some follow up appointments. It looks like we will find out the gender of the baby on March 10th. Very exciting!

Oh yeah, we even got to see the baby moving! It was so cool. It was really moving in there!

This was a really good appointment and i feel really good about things now (even though we're not out of the woods until the New Year). I've even stopped referring to it as "The Parasite" (hey, it was sucking all the life out of me, it seemed appropriate!)

That's my update ladies!

Hello Ladies,

I haven't posted on here in a while. I was banded on 1/24/08 and and now 34 weeks pregnant. I went into have my band slightly unfilled in July because I was having some problems with nausea and keeping things down. I left it up to my doctor who took 2cc's out. He told me I could come back and have some put back in if it was to much. It was to much but all I could think of is I'm going to spend all this money to have some put back in only to a few weeks later need it taken out again. So, I have left it the way it is and at my last doctors appoitment yesterday I am up 31lbs. Its kind of fusterating and I keep telling myself that its ok its for a good cause and it will come off after the baby's born but it still is bothering me a bit. My doctor hasn't said anything about the amound I have gained. How bad is 31lbs when you are 34 weeks pregnant? I'm due January 25th so the part so I still have all the Holiday gatherings to get through:scared2:. Oh well I will get through it somehow.

I hope everyone's pregnancy's are going well. I'm in the home stretch and can't wait to meet my little one. I don't know what the sex is. My husband and I wanted to keep it as a suprise.

If anyone has any tips for me I would appriciate it. Thank you.