Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve to DS - first consult appt 09/21 - diet questions

Hi everyone,

I had the sleeve gastrectomy surgery performed back in 2009. Unfortunately, I have gained my weight back. Admittedly, I did not adhere to the diet and exercise plan and once I started gaining, I was embarrassed and stopped going to the doctor. Add a divorce into the mix and I gained even more weight. I take complete responsibility for the weight gain, and I am now considering the DS as an option, since my original surgeon had mentioned that this could be the 2nd step of my sleeve surgery back in 2009. I meet with the office next week and am very nervous. I was hoping someone could tell me some of your high Protein food secrets, as I am trying to start the 90 plus grams of Protein and 75 or fewer carb diet now. I am allergic to tree nuts, so the only nuts I can eat are peanuts and I don't like tuna fish or salmon, but like mild fish.

Thank you for reading my post! Have a great day!

Christy

I love seafood like shrimp, mild fish like tilapia. You can buy both frozen and really easy to prepare (I also love salmon etc)

I eat alot of turkey, chicken and beef... less pork, but some. I even use high quality sandwich meats, rolled up with a bit of cheese and some lettuce and pickle.... little baby breadless sandwiches. I don't eat alot of nuts as it is easy for me to overeat on them (I am almost 4 years post sleeve so a mature post op stomach).

My basic meals are Protein and veggies with other stuff thrown in as 3rd priority. I also have one Premier Protein daily as I have a hard time hitting 80g without it. I went for quite awhile thinking I was hitting 80g (in maintenance for a few years now) until I started tracking it...ooops.... back to the daily Protein Drink. I use it in my coffee etc.

I eat a lot of nuts. But as you can't and don't care for tuna, here's what else I eat a lot of:

• cheeses
  • meats (with the fat and/or skin)
  • deli meats
  • Greek yogurt
  • eggs

Can you eat seafood?

Hi everyone,

I had the sleeve gastrectomy surgery performed back in 2009. Unfortunately, I have gained my weight back. Admittedly, I did not adhere to the diet and exercise plan and once I started gaining, I was embarrassed and stopped going to the doctor. Add a divorce into the mix and I gained even more weight. I take complete responsibility for the weight gain, and I am now considering the DS as an option, since my original surgeon had mentioned that this could be the 2nd step of my sleeve surgery back in 2009. I meet with the office next week and am very nervous. I was hoping someone could tell me some of your high Protein food secrets, as I am trying to start the 90 plus grams of Protein and 75 or fewer carb diet now. I am allergic to tree nuts, so the only nuts I can eat are peanuts and I don't like tuna fish or salmon, but like mild fish.

Christy

Did you have the DS? I was interested in it, but didn't know what to do, I had my sleeve in 2011

Hi everyone,

Christy

Did you have the DS? I was interested in it, but didn't know what to do, I had my sleeve in 2011

I am about 1.5 weeks post op from the DS. So far it has been going well and the pain wasn't too severe. I miss solid foods, although I can start eating them again next week. :)