Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New, scared, anxious, and ready

Hey Melissa300,

I've cleared pysch and nutrition so I just have to meet with the surgeon before it goes to insurance. So I'll probably be banded in September as well. Hang in there.

I guess I told the wrong person, or someone over heard me talking about it, so now it is buzzing around the office that I am having a gastric bypass. Now I have to do some damage control. I am NOT having a gastric bypass. I thought I was careful, but I guess not careful enough. Now the whole office will know... That terrifies me... This is my secret, and I should be able to tell only those I want to tell. On the upside. At least if everyone knows, maybe I will have to answer less que3stions about where i was and why I am losing so much weight! Is it bad that everyone knows?:omg:

Roc,

GOOD LUCK! I too am scared about anesthesia, I have never been put to sleep. But I rest assured by my Doctors that there have been no incidents at this location.

hf2havefun,

Good luck!! I'm glad someone else feels this anxiousness to move on with it! LOL. Keep us in the loop!

Melissa

The anesthesia is nothing to worry about... does your family have a history with problems??? The only thing that happened to me following my various (not lap band yet, darn it) is an ITCHY NOSE! I about rubbed the stupid thing right off my face! A little benedryl did the trick...

Best wishes!

:ranger:

katie

Melissa

I just told my boss only because I really thought I would be having my lap band over summer break,,I work for the school district so I had 3 months to hope I would be banded before returning to work well some times things throw you a curve. It is a pretty hush hush place so I doubt if anyone knows about this and if so oh well one of the other gals had the roux-en-y done last October and she has so far lost 200 pounds she started at 410 lbs and she looks real good but not slender as most people would look but she still weighs in at 215 but she is a tall woman but man she looks great and we are all happy for her.

It doesnt seem that bad that people know. Except I have people who barely know me asking me questions. Thankfully, I found this site and I can answer everyone's questions, but I wish I didnt have to. People at work are soooo nosey!! LOL. Oh well. Life goes on and soon I can look forward to seeing a thinner me in the mirror. Although, waiting on the insurance is not fun. I think the combination of waiting and the thought of surgery itself has stirred up a few anxiety attacks. Never had those before, but I feel so panicky sometimes when I think about what I am working so hard to acheive. I have never had any type of surgery so this is kinda freaking me out. I just know that it will all be worth it. Bad news, my sis (who is just as heavy) has an exclusion and her insurance will not cover the surgery. I feel so bad for her. She seemed like she wanted to cry when she told me. Hopefully in January she can switch to another insurance. Well, this is getting long. Thanks for listening.

Melissa300:wacko:

Hi Melissa, i get my band this Fri in Mexico. I live in Indiana and my insurance would not pay so i am going to Mexico and paying myself.The only good thing about paying yourself is you do not have to jump thru all the insurance hoops. I am soooooooo excited i do not think i will sleep till my plane leaves Thur. morning. Good luck to you !!!!!!

<p>DonHoll1,</p> <p> </p> <p>Good luck! I am happy for you doing the surgery anyway. I would too. I am seriously having anxiety attacks. I have never felt this way. They finally submitted my paperwork to the insurance and I thought I would feel relieved, but now I am more anxious because I hope the insurance approves me. I guess when I am approved I will move on to feeling anxiety about the actual surgery, I am an emotional wreck... I hope that I am the only one who feels this way because I would not want anyone else to endure this anxiety... Anyway please be careful on your journey and let us know how you are. PS....Don't chicken out. It will all be worth the struggles we go through to get there....(I saw that on another post)</p> <p> </p> <p>Melissa300</p>

Hi Melissa,

Pat from Toronto, you'll do just fine. I was banded on the 10 of August and doing great. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I only have one more month of supervised diet!! woohoo!! I go for my last meeting on Sept 14th!! Then we resubmit to the insurance. Hope I get approved!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches