Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the "At or near goal forum"

Dear Lord some of you guys make me feel like I am being attacked. My doctor and the hospital got creditation as the best here.

We start with two weeks of clear liquid Two weeks of thicker . And yes his diet consists of all Protein. I eat so little I couldnt even add anything else . I am full with a little meat. I love it , I love my band I am healthy I am half off blood pressure meds. I can walk breath and live again.

I was taught to eat all the food groups but it didnt help me. This has helped me. I am happy with it. I feel bad that I mentioned it for you guys get so hefty . Our website is Welcome to ObesityNoMoreFL.com!

You can see there everyone is doing well. But thanks for your input. I will ask no more.

I don't think anyone was attacking. We are just trying to understand how a human can live on meat and Vitamins. And while a diet of meat and Vitamin supplements may result in weight loss, the loss may not be a "healthy" loss (Women in particular need to eat from all the food groups to prevent a range of degenerative bone and tissue disease)

We are designed as omnivores. We need the Vitamins derived from plant foods, as well as meat for Protein (or high protein meat free foods). And I cannot believe for a second that eating a couple of cups of veggies a day (steamed veggies, without any sauces) will stop anyone's weight loss. If anything, steamed veggies will only do good thing for the body. Naturally derived vitamins leads to energy and better skin, nails and hair, veggie fibre = less Constipation, and a myriad of other health benefits from only a couple of cups of veggies a day.

It's wonderful that you are off all meds, but if you are taking vitamins supplements, you are just swapping one pill for another. But if you were to get your vitamins from foods (like humans are designed to do) you would be off all pills!

Chickie... were you able to lose any weight if you ate anything other than meat?

*Blushes* I am actually a Vegetarian. Considering going Vegan. If I didn't eat veggies, I would starve to death.

I actually lost weight quicker, and my muscle tone was better after going veggie. Maybe it was because I was more aware of what I was eating, and what I was putting into my body? I don't know. All I know is, this is the only body I have for this lifetime, and I have already damaged it to a degree I care not to think about, and if I can avoid any further damage, I will.

Complicated answer to a simple question (Bowing theatrically, and exits stage left)

I'm working on the vegetarian thing and I'm almost there. Fish once in a while but veggies otherwise. I still need a drastic increase in variety though. I am a naturally lazy person when it comes to cooking.

That's the way my DS eats mostly. He wants to be a Veggie, but finds it hard (he is only 10.5, so I have to give the kid credit for even trying) So he eats fish whenever we go out, and while he is away at school camp, he will be eating whatever is served (we decided not to tick the vegetarian box, after seeing the menu - yuck!)

If you want some recipes, I am happy to share, just let me know!

I really look forward to reading the post that announces your Vegetarianism.

I have Protein challenges without fish and while I LOVE Matrix 5.0, I don't want to depend on Protein shakes for the bulk of my Protein.< /p>

I have been reading and participating in a tofo thread and I have my hopes up for tofu vs. chicken or tuna. I'm pretty well over chicken, it's fish that is my challenge. Replacing that protein in salads.

I was vegetarian for many years and want to go back to that. I felt better, slept less, everything was better with a veggie diet.

Well Dr says little to NO carbs and he knows I stick to Protein. The others do whatever. I just do what he said. If my body is falling aprt losing bone . I am in trouble. I will mention this to him when I go.

I am no doctor, but I would imagine that you feel like you are falling apart because you are eating an imbalanced diet.

We need to eat a balance diet to live. And by cutting out all carbs, even good one's from veggies, you have starved yourself of essential Vitamins. It's no wonder you feel badly.

And I am having a quick look at roboop's doc's nutrition forum. They don't really seem to advocate a balanced diet. It's more a case of 50 ways with Pork rinds, peperoni chips and cheese cookies. All quite yummy, I am sure, but part of a balanced diet? I am not so sure they have a huge role. But not my body, not my life. Thankfully.

Roboop...

In a different thread you mention that you stick with meat because you can't afford a fill. What if... not just consider this. What if you take the money from the diet pills you are using, save some money on meat and buy fresh fruits and veggies and use that money for a fill? Will your doc give you a little time to pay off the cost of a fill?

They are not diet pills. They are Vitamins and minerals with natural ingredients.

I will not change what I am eating unless the dr tells me too.

Thanks

Uh. Yeah it is. Anything that claims to be about "Weight management" is a diet pill. Have you actually read the product description? Here it is, you might want to read it before saying its not a diet pill again. Health 4 Wealth - Zylene

If my doctor told me to only eat meat, I would slap him with a raw steak, and find a new doctor who didn't want to starve me to death. But that's just me.

Ok I just read all these responses and I am really confused. I am near goal but have had a difficult time right now. I had foot surgery developed a really bad infection had to have my band opened and now am having a really hard time sticking to prootcol. My doctor's program is eating Protein first and then if there is room eat veggies. Take Vitamins as a routine and exercise. I found I can usually do this. I have a fill on Friday and now want really badly to get back on track. I am in Jacksonville and also have a Dr. is awarded the cebnter of excellence. I use to live in St. Pete and know Palms of Pasadena Hospital very well. Worked there on occasion. Thaks for the in put.

Once again there are not diet pills. They can help with weightloss. Besides that I rather not talk to you anymore. It seems you think your way is the only way............and its not. This dr hasnt been working for years doing well because he is an idiot.