Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the "At or near goal forum"

I even survived a buffet.....and the buffet survived me too..~Mandy

So I am just reading on here and contemplating what life is like at goal??? I cannot wait to be in your shoes. You should all be so proud!!

I was wondering.... Do you have to live like an alcoholic that is sober, what I mean does it ever come naturally or are you always fighting the demons? Please tell me it gets easier!

Thanks,

Maureen

I think I think about what I eat more than I did before. I make sure what I am eating is as nutritious as possible.

Before, I didn't think about what I was eating, I just ate. And that was the problem. If I had stopped, and thought about what I was doing to myself, I would have never have eaten all that junk.

For the most part, making better choices comes very naturally.

Kat...chocolate liquor, now that a real chocolate high!!!

Mandy...surviving the buffet and not feeling miserable afterwards because of all you ate now that is success!!!

Chickie, I am starting to do that, really think about what my body needs, not my head wants but it is a huge change for me!!! I could always talk a good diet but never actually do it!!!!

Dont be freaked out! After aspirating on the table during Tummy Tuck surgery my band Dr. now allows NO one to have surgery without an unfill. WAY too dangerous. I was on oxygen for almost a week because of the Fluid that got in my lungs! You will be ok...just get back with the fills and doign what you know works

Banded April 2003...95lb lost...been at goal for 2 yrs ..give or take 5 lbs

My band has been empty for 16 days and I have actually lost back to my pre-hysterectomy weight. I am back to 158 pounds, and easily maintaining. I am going to give my band a break as long as I am easily controling my portions, and making wise choices. I spoke with my band doctor and he agrees, this is a good time to see what I have learned. I feel great, other than the neausa from the post-op meds and extreme fatigue. I am still a bit too swollen to wear my "normal" denim shorts, but that's just around the incision and it's getting better. I have learned more than I realized in these last two years banded. I use my band as a tool, not just to restrict my food intake but also a learning tool. I'm not as scared of losing my band anymore, I want to keep it forever but now I know I would be ok without it. ~Mandy

Dont be freaked out! After aspirating on the table during Tummy Tuck surgery my band Dr. now allows NO one to have surgery without an unfill. WAY too dangerous. I was on oxygen for almost a week because of the Fluid that got in my lungs! You will be ok...just get back with the fills and doign what you know works

Banded April 2003...95lb lost...been at goal for 2 yrs ..give or take 5 lbs

How long did you fast for before surgery? I know that it was at least 12 hours without food, then about 2 hours without Water before my TT. It just seems strange that you would aspirate if you had followed instructions and fasted.

My band has been empty for 16 days and I have actually lost back to my pre-hysterectomy weight. I am back to 158 pounds, and easily maintaining. I am going to give my band a break as long as I am easily controling my portions, and making wise choices. I spoke with my band doctor and he agrees, this is a good time to see what I have learned. I feel great, other than the neausa from the post-op meds and extreme fatigue. I am still a bit too swollen to wear my "normal" denim shorts, but that's just around the incision and it's getting better. I have learned more than I realized in these last two years banded. I use my band as a tool, not just to restrict my food intake but also a learning tool. I'm not as scared of losing my band anymore, I want to keep it forever but now I know I would be ok without it. ~Mandy

Mandy

I am glad you are doing so good! :) It is awsome that you can actually use what you have learned and you are doing so well.

Congratulations and here is to continued success!

I did fast...even went longer that was told..didn't have a thing after 6pm...surgery was at 10 am next morning. The problem was my band was too tight to go into surgery. ..I am just very leary now of havign any surgery without opening my band...and my band Dr. has advised all his patients of this fact!..

This is a great thread!

I am 172 the last time I checked which was about 5 weeks ago. I am pretty sure I'v made my 100 mark but I won't check for a few more weeks.

I'd like to be 155-150 I think. I am fitting into 10/12 pants which is very exciting!

I do have a question though. Whats the deal with an unfil before surgery? I had breast reduction in March and everything went fine. I have to have surgery on my legs soon, actually 2 separate surgeries, so do I need to get an unfill?

I had to have an unfill because I have problems with nausea (sp?) in post-op. They were affraid I would slip. ~Mandy

Woohooo lost 3 pounds this week! Guess I need to get sick more often..LOL

Anyways..5 pounds to go!

I do not know how all DR's feel about an unfill for surgery..only that my DR advises all patients to have the unfill before. After my experience..any time I am havign surgery i am unfilling..hahaha..that scared me!!!!

Hi To Everyone... So Glad That I Finally Found This Site. I Am 16 Months Post Op And Have About 20 To 25 Lbs To Go. Its Slow Going Right Now, Does Anyone Have That Last Bit Of Advice To Help Me Get Through. My Band Is Filled To 2.6 And I'm Very Comfortable Here. I Can Eat And Am Loosing Very Slowly. Do You Think I Should Get One More Little Fill To Put Me Over Or Just Set Back And Wait.

Congrats To All Of You At Goal!!! Way To Go!!!!!!

Please Help Me Get To My Goal?!?!?

nmgrl, I think you should stay where you are. If you're only 20 lbs from goal and you're still slowly losing, I think that's just perfect. You want to keep a healthy band long term and you don't want to get too tight over 20 lbs. Kick up the exercise instead if you need a boost. Congratulations on your successes!